Directions from hotel to Port Everglades?

zitsky

I just got my eDocs from Celebrity today.  The directions to the port are pretty generic.  No terminal #.  I suppose they don't know it in advance.  What do you tell the taxi driver, Port Everglades, Celebrity Equinox? (my ship)  I suppose once we get to the Port there will be a directory of which ship is at which terminal?  Or perhaps there is a shuttle bus from the entrance of the port to the ship?  I have cruised before but never with Celebrity and never from Port Everglades.  And most times I'm getting transfers from the cruise ship.

Also be prepared and  have your ID and boarding pass ready to show port security so you don't hold up the line of traffic.  At the security booths there are signs with each ship's name and terminal number and the security staff will provide directions if necessary.

The Renaissance is across the street from the entrance to the port, you can just point.  The Renaissance has a contract with a private shuttle service to take people to the port for an additional fee.  A taxi or Uber will be cheaper and quicker.  I've never seen a situation anywhere in Fort Lauderdale where the shuttle was cheaper than Uber or a taxi.  An Uber is probably around $10.  There is a sign directing you to correct pier by the security gate.

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

Does the Renaissance not have their own shuttle?  Unless it was private, I saw one there last year when I went to pickup a car at the Budget desk.

For any shuttle in Fort Lauderdale near Port Everglades if they charge per person and you are a group of 2 or more, it is usually cheaper (much cheaper if you have 3 or 4 passengers) to take an uber/lyft or taxi (van taxis charge the same as sedans).

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

For any shuttle in Fort Lauderdale near Port Everglades if they charge per person and you are a group of 2 or more, it is usually cheaper (much cheaper if you have 3 or 4 passengers) to take an uber/lyft or taxi (van taxis charge the same as sedans).

Ok. Peeinpool said much the same.  Thanks.