Best way to book Silversea cruise?

Mypka

We never sailed on Silversea before, usually - Celebrity and Azamara.  However, I found a unique itinerary on Silversea Spirit and now is really tempted to book it.  Could you please advise, what is the best way to book it and when is the best time to do so? The cruise I am interested in will sail in October 2021.  Should I hurry up and book ASAP or wait for a potential price drop? Any advise and opinion will be greatly appreciated!

38 minutes ago, Mypka said:

We never sailed on Silversea before, usually - Celebrity and Azamara.  However, I found a unique itinerary on Silversea Spirit and now is really tempted to book it.  Could you please advise, what is the best way to book it and when is the best time to do so? The cruise I am interested in will sail in October 2021.  Should I hurry up and book ASAP or wait for a potential price drop? Any advise and opinion will be greatly appreciated!

Honestly I don’t track each and every cruise so when I say I don’t see a lot of change in Silversea fares it is with that caveat.  What I see, at least think I see, is Silversea will sometimes sweeten the pot so to speak by adding incentives like free or reduced air to promote more sales.  With their Fare Guarantee Program they will reduce an earlier booked fare if they do have a price reduction.  It’s not automatic, you or your TA have to watch ad request the lower fare, but my impression is that with that program in place Silversea has been reticent to lower fares.  Personally when we see a cruise we want to take we book it.   Some cruises fill up quickly especially with the fleets relatively smaller ships. 

I know that some people prefer booking with a TA.  I have opted to book with a Silversea cruise consultant (+1-877-382-6228) who knows the fleet, who has instant knowledge available suites, etc.  By dealing directly with a Silversea cruise consultant you may get a slightly lower onboard credit than you would with an internet TA.  But I like to deal with a real Silversea expert with corporate connections if issues arise.

I always book early.  The cancellation penalty is modest ($200/booking, applicable to a future cruise) and you never know when they are going to remove certain incentives such as 10% off for prepaying.  You also get a better choice of suites (location, etc.)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Observer said:

I know that some people prefer booking with a TA.  I have opted to book with a Silversea cruise consultant (+1-877-382-6228) who knows the fleet, who has instant knowledge available suites, etc.  By dealing directly with a Silversea cruise consultant you may get a slightly lower onboard credit than you would with an internet TA.  But I like to deal with a real Silversea expert with corporate connections if issues arise.

I always book early.  The cancellation penalty is modest ($200/booking, applicable to a future cruise) and you never know when they are going to remove certain incentives such as 10% off for prepaying.  You also get a better choice of suites (location, etc.)

We, on the other hand, never book directly with any cruise line.   Our TA consistently gives us  a 10-12% cash discount, usually a small thank you OBC, and all the service we want or need.  We still get whatever incentives Silversea is offering so it’s a win-win for us.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

Unfortunately forum rules do not allow us to share TA or cruise line cruise consultant information.   

Oh, i m sorry, I didn’t realize that.  Is it permissible to send it as a PM?

14 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Book early, SS price drops are like hens teeth. The 2021 Shadow Black Sea voyage that was released for booking in mid October has already had a10% price increase on Nov 1st!

You are wrong there, the Veranda Suite fares on the S Shadow Black Sea Voyage are still the same as when released

Edited by beaujolais
edit

40 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

By the way, what are you going to do when SS removes the Humidor from the Shadow in the upcoming dry dock?

Rejoice, less pollution from the smokers but I'm afraid that they will still have Connoisseur's Corner

I'm afraid you're getting me mixed up with another traveller, never go in the Humidor

By the way which fares have been increased on the Black Sea Voyage by 10%?

Edited by beaujolais
edit

37 minutes ago, beaujolais said:

Rejoice, less pollution from the smokers but I'm afraid that they will still have Connoisseur's Corner

I'm afraid you're getting me mixed up with another traveller, never go in the Humidor

By the way which fares have been increased on the Black Sea Voyage by 10%?

Vistas, but not superior Verandas and possibly other Verandas.

7 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Vistas, but not superior Verandas and possibly other Verandas.

Not too sure if we are wise but we are on the first 2 voyages from Ft Lauderdale on the S Shadow after her refit

and whilst on board may book the Black Sea Voyage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beaujolais said:

Not too sure if we are wise but we are on the first 2 voyages from Ft Lauderdale on the S Shadow after her refit

We booked this voyage while on the Wind last month.  The Cruise Consultant said they have had a lot of interest for this itinerary. 

Eager to hear about the reimagined ship.  It sounds stunning.  Of course there are potential issues when sailing immediately after a major dry dock.  But with a bit of flexibility, a pioneering spirit of adventure, and a sense of humor, most inconveniences will be quickly forgotten

• Like 1

We will be aboard the Shadow as well...

• Like 1