Best way to book Silversea cruise?

Mypka

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

By the way, what are you going to do when SS removes the Humidor from the Shadow in the upcoming dry dock?

Is the Humidor something unique to the Shadow?  I know about the Connoisseur’s Corner on other ships but nothing called the Humidor.  The Connoisseur’s Corners on the Wind and Spirit have cigars for sale so I guess that’s kind of a humidor. ?????

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

Is the Humidor something unique to the Shadow?  I know about the Connoisseur’s Corner on other ships but nothing called the Humidor.  The Connoisseur’s Corners on the Wind and Spirit have cigars for sale so I guess that’s kind of a humidor. ?????

It’s the Connoisseur’s Corner, the same as the other ships.

Good Morning Beaujolais - Hope you are both well and interested to hear that you are ' Braving ' The Shadow immediately after her major Refit. The Words provided by Observer ( Flexible, Pioneering & Humour ) are not those I would associate with you if there are ' Issues ' but perhaps a Good Bottle of Wine will calm matters !!!!! - Seriously we wish you both well and look forward to hearing that you have had a wonderful time - The Revised Shadow certainly has the possibility of becoming a ' Favourite ' with its new Style.

We are taking The Whisper in June for its Circumnavigation of Iceland and then the Spirit again in September ( moved from The Moon as we felt it a little early for all Issues to have settled ).

Continue to have Fun - its such a shame that BriMary have ' Jumped Ship ' but we are hoping they may consider the Whisper Iceland Cruise ???

2 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

Good Morning Beaujolais - Hope you are both well and interested to hear that you are ' Braving ' The Shadow immediately after her major Refit. The Words provided by Observer ( Flexible, Pioneering & Humour ) are not those I would associate with you if there are ' Issues ' but perhaps a Good Bottle of Wine will calm matters !!!!! - Seriously we wish you both well and look forward to hearing that you have had a wonderful time - The Revised Shadow certainly has the possibility of becoming a ' Favourite ' with its new Style.

We are taking The Whisper in June for its Circumnavigation of Iceland and then the Spirit again in September ( moved from The Moon as we felt it a little early for all Issues to have settled ).

Continue to have Fun - its such a shame that BriMary have ' Jumped Ship ' but we are hoping they may consider the Whisper Iceland Cruise ???

Hi Mayflower

Good to hear that all is well with you both and yes we are looking forward to the "new" Shadow which seems to have become our favourite SS ship as we've sailed on her a number of times this year

We have a large OBC so will be able to calm matters if needed

We have already booked a couple of voyages next year with SS and like Brimary we are going to try the other line, have booked a cruise in March , will be very interesting to see what they are like

I do hope that Brimary posts on the other forum with their experiences

Edited by beaujolais
edit

I am somewhat surprised that you are making a Leap of Faith to ' The Other Line  ' but will be most interested to hear your comments - we are more concerned at the number of ' Zimmers ' than the quality of Ship !!!! - However never say never as any new Offering is worth considering.

Do keep in touch and we wish you much Fun in the Caribbean.

20 hours ago, beaujolais said:

Not too sure if we are wise but we are on the first 2 voyages from Ft Lauderdale on the S Shadow after her refit

and whilst on board may book the Black Sea Voyage.

If there is any way to cancel this trip I would.We were on the first cruise after the Sprit stretch.My agent kept checking about the work being completed.Assured all was well.Not even close.Mid way thru the trip after numerous complaints SS offered everyone on board a credit toward another trip and apologized.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capri73 said:

If there is any way to cancel this trip I would.We were on the first cruise after the Sprit stretch.My agent kept checking about the work being completed.Assured all was well.Not even close.Mid way thru the trip after numerous complaints SS offered everyone on board a credit toward another trip and apologized.

Just my opinion.

As a matter of interest did you accept the credit and book again?

On 11/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, Silver Spectre said:

Book early, SS price drops are like hens teeth. The 2021 Shadow Black Sea voyage that was released for booking in mid October has already had a10% price increase on Nov 1st!

Silver Spectre

The prices on Superior and Classic veranda have just gone up by £500 (before the 10%) so you were right, 

quite an increase almost 2 years before voyage and only recently released

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, beaujolais said:

Silver Spectre

The prices on Superior and Classic veranda have just gone up by £500 (before the 10%) so you were right, 

Something I'd looked into booking for November 2021 - I noticed the exact same (in every way) cruise sailing 12 months previously was £600 cheaper. Shape of things to come - until customers are lost and a rethink. I did book something around that time and that was noticeably dearer too. Makes a mockery of the early booking bonus.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, beaujolais said:

Silver Spectre

Happened to check these with a friend yesterday and we were shocked to see that the Vista prices have been hiked by another £1100, what was £6,000 before the 10% early booking discount when released in early October has now gone up to £7,700, an overall increase of 28%! At least the included Business Class Air is still there.

I suppose we should be happy to be sitting on a saving of >£5K against a current booking, it certainly beats interest rates. Mind you that may not stay true for long.

• Like 1

Our recent cruise on the Shadow increased by over 80% from the time we booked it to the time we sailed.

Our next one has business class fares included ... but there is a distinct lack of flights with business class when traveling from Newcastle to Southampton 😃

In fact there is, at present, only one carrier ... Flybe ...

I wonder if we could have first class rail instead???
It will be interesting to see what they come out with.

19 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Our recent cruise on the Shadow increased by over 80% from the time we booked it to the time we sailed.

Wow...is that because it was "heavily discounted" at the time you booked it?

Or Silversea just decided that that was the last suite in the category and they didn't care if they didn't sell that suite for the sailing...?