NSW and QLD Fires

12 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

OMG, I just loved Splendor for lunch, buffet choices quite limited but the deli was great, Masala Tiger I couldnt get enough!! different food everyday, the BBQ upstairs of the buffet, the best slow cooked BBQ meats and sausages, Guys burgers, yum, and Pizza, all within the same areas so easy to go from one to the other, then take it upstairs, but shhh  dont tell anyone it's quieter up there, and there is a lift to it!

It's my favourite lunch and breakfast ship, even if I still couldnt find my way around after 15 days!

I did enjoy the BBQ food and area but again, no variety.

To update you travellers, Princes Highway both directions is now open, albeit 80 km speed restriction due to smoke and road damage.  So ingress and egress to Batemans Bay is fine.

Kings Hwy, Batemans Bay to Braidwood, closed still, few more days yet, similar issues as above. Not many of Mic's species in town (Canberrans.)    Normally teeming with those folk.   Business is suffering.

It has been a magnificent effort from the various fire brigades.1332204061_Santa-dance1_www.free-avatars.com(1).gif.9370a3df28e60095ff2443f5565d6079.gif

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

To update you travellers, Princes Highway both directions is now open, albeit 80 km speed restriction due to smoke and road damage.  So ingress and egress to Batemans Bay is fine.

Kings Hwy, Batemans Bay to Braidwood, closed still, few more days yet, similar issues as above. Not many of Mic's species in town (Canberrans.)    Normally teeming with those folk.   Business is suffering.

It has been a magnificent effort from the various fire brigades.1332204061_Santa-dance1_www.free-avatars.com(1).gif.9370a3df28e60095ff2443f5565d6079.gif

Hopefully now the roads are re-opening, the tourists will return, particularly with Christmas less than two weeks away. The fire brigades do an amazing job. Our local brigade which my husband belongs to has been sending firefighters up to NSW for the past few weeks. Fortunately and fingers crossed, it hasn't been too bad in our area. But as we receive more hot days and northerlies, the chance of fires will increase.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

My niece is stuck on the farm ( 10 mins from Braidwood towards Batemans  Bay) with no exit in either direction of the King's Hwy. .