NSW and QLD Fires

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

The sea breeze is God's A/C. Enjoy your cruise and remember....'Come Back New.' !!

Majestic doesn’t have a Horizontal Court (Worldfresh Marketplace, or something instead) so may not Come Back Fat (tm).

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Majestic doesn’t have a Horizontal Court (Worldfresh Marketplace, or something instead) so may not Come Back Fat (tm).

The Worldfresh Marketplace is even bigger so you'll probably come back fatter!😜🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for updates, enjoy.  I liked Ruby Princess, on her in 2010 from Rome to Fort Lauderdale.

Batemans Bay is a mess, quite a few evacuees in the evacuation centre and 3 of the 4 servos have closed up, out of fuel.  No fuel deliveries this past week, nor in the foreseeable future. Princes Hwy and Kings Hwy, closed.   I got fuel this morning as I do various Eurobodalla Meals on Wheels duties, a couple of mornings per week, have to keep a full tank of go juice.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Les, I'd give you the short version of my opinion of Ruby Princess so far but they'd probably ban me from CC if I did! Suffice to say we are not happy cruisers! I'll post in more detail after we get back.

Oh dear, standards have slipped since 2010 then.  As they have on many ships, the cruise lines seem to 'drop the ball' when they operate here. Poor entertainment, poor food, sub standard service crew, etc.  

Enjoy it anyway my friend.

We have just had news that my colleague’s son is in ICU - he is a firefighter. If you pray, please do so.

Air quality is terrible (but I’m not in Sydney). On the rating index, 0-50 is considered good. We are usually around 200, but have had a few days around 600. We got up to 1900 on one particularly bad day. Constant nose bleeds and battling with sinusitis. It’s just awful. We desperately need rain (and a new government). 

We are just about to anchor off Morton Island, Captain said no fires on Morton but a lot of smoke haze. Looking out the window now and you can see it.
Airlie Beach a couple of days ago was sunny blue skies.
We are dreading arriving back Tuesday to our still smokey Mid North Coast, it has been nice to breath for 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, standards have slipped since 2010 then.  As they have on many ships, the cruise lines seem to 'drop the ball' when they operate here. Poor entertainment, poor food, sub standard service crew, etc.  

Enjoy it anyway my friend.

A good example of this will be when a certain European cruise line gets here (I think it may already arrived). When I get a few moments I will do a review of my recent experiences. Actually, it will require more than a few.

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

A good example of this will be when a certain European cruise line gets here (I think it may already arrived). When I get a few moments I will do a review of my recent experiences. Actually, it will require more than a few.

Does the line start in M and end in C ?  OR Start in C and end in A ? 😮  Plenty Spaget?

Edited by NSWP

13 hours ago, CupcakeSusie said:

We have just had news that my colleague’s son is in ICU - he is a firefighter. If you pray, please do so.

Air quality is terrible (but I’m not in Sydney). On the rating index, 0-50 is considered good. We are usually around 200, but have had a few days around 600. We got up to 1900 on one particularly bad day. Constant nose bleeds and battling with sinusitis. It’s just awful. We desperately need rain (and a new government). 

Bad news, what area are you. I am on Far South Coast, I have hardly been out of the house for a week with the smoke and ash, the big fires are 5 or 10 km up the road.    Prayers for the firefighter in ICU, we have hundreds of them down here from all over Australia, NZ, USA/Canada., all legends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Does the line start in M and end in C ?  OR Start in C and end in A ? 😮  Plenty Spaget?

Good guesses(?), go with the first one. Funnily enough, I saw no spag at all but had the pleasure (not) of trying to down some very gooey gnocchi.

Just posted these on one of my rollcalls....pic from the Qantas lounge this morning and one of the Sunrise from our dirty oceanview window at OPT this morning.
Fire alarms were just going off in the lounge due to the smoke outside, its getting worse outside.26d8affcf7d2c52a39fbd5ece1b324c6.jpgc4e33f18873d603494b5198c1016f4bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Just an aside to the thread....

Ash from the Australian fires has fallen on the snow of the Southern Alps in the South Island of NZ , turning  it brown and red.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/117907806/how-australias-bushfires-turned-new-zealands-snowcapped-glaciers-red

On 12/7/2019 at 10:09 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Worldfresh Marketplace is even bigger so you'll probably come back fatter!😜🤣🤣🤣

Yes and you will probably lose weight just walking between the food stations think I prefer the buffet in the Horizon court or heaven forbid the pantry on some of the P&O ships. 

2 minutes ago, ozziepost said:

Yes and you will probably lose weight just walking between the food stations think I prefer the buffet in the Horizon court or heaven forbid the pantry on some of the P&O ships. 

I think the best buffet areas on ships for their variety would be X and P&O with Royal coming 3rd.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

I think the best buffet areas on ships for their variety would be X and P&O with Royal coming 3rd.

OMG, I just loved Splendor for lunch, buffet choices quite limited but the deli was great, Masala Tiger I couldnt get enough!! different food everyday, the BBQ upstairs of the buffet, the best slow cooked BBQ meats and sausages, Guys burgers, yum, and Pizza, all within the same areas so easy to go from one to the other, then take it upstairs, but shhh  dont tell anyone it's quieter up there, and there is a lift to it!

It's my favourite lunch and breakfast ship, even if I still couldnt find my way around after 15 days!

• Like 1