llaundry

xeena

7 minutes ago, xeena said:

is there a special of $49/cruise for unlimited laundry done by ship's laundry?

Yes, but it's calculated at $7/day for each day of the cruise. That does amount to $49 for a 7-day cruise, but, of course, is more on longer cruises. 

It's $7/day as Ruth said, and that price is per room not per person. If you send some clothes on the 4th or 5th day and mark "unlimited" the charge will be for all days (days that have a night) of your cruise, not just from that point out! That's the price for cruises that start and end in the US -- don't know if it's different for other continents. 

We are, or try to be, carry-on only travellers, and I really want to like this service, but for our upcoming So.Pacific cruise the total would be $196... I think a bag or even two per week is going to win out as more economical.

So per bag $20?

In asking as I'm on another cruise before my Hal cruise and have 2 days at a hotel to do laundry before we start our 7 day HAL cruise.  

I doubt we will need more than one bag.

We can pay as you go at 20 a bag?

Edited by bamelin

28 minutes ago, retafcruiser said:

How do you sign up for the laundry packages?

You can pre-order the unlimited package if you want on the HAL site after you log in and of course your credit card is charged immediately.

What is just as easy is to wait until you are on board.  You have the option on the laundry form to choose the unlimited, by the bag or by the piece.

We just returned from a 20-day cruise in the Mediterranean aboard the Nieuw Statendam. Before we embarked we had spent a week in Northern Italy so came prepared for ordering the Unlimited Laundry package. Sent two bags upon embarking! Most days we sent a bag of laundry as we had packed lighter for this cruise do to having to lug our bags on and off trains for that first week. But unlike other cruises, the cutoff was the morning of the 19th day instead of that evening as on other cruises. That changed the per-bag cost equation.

12 minutes ago, MorgantonNC said:

Do you send it out one day and get it back the next?  Or is there a longer lag in time?

We leave a bag on the bed when we go to dinner and have always gotten it back in less than 24 hours ... but I think they only promise less than 48.

Edited by catl331

10 minutes ago, MorgantonNC said:

We have never done laundry service.  But have purchased it for our Christmas/New Years cruise.  How does the laundry service work?  Do you send it out one day and get it back the next?  Or is there a longer lag in time?

I leave my bag on the bed before I head to dinner, and generally have it back the next afternoon, or at turn down that next evening. I have had it back sooner, and a couple of times it has taken the full 2 days they advise. 
Plan on the longer time period, and be pleased when it takes less! 

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I leave my bag on the bed before I head to dinner, and generally have it back the next afternoon, or at turn down that next evening. I have had it back sooner, and a couple of times it has taken the full 2 days they advise. 

Thanks

56 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You just posted what I was about to send. I settled with loading my laundry bag so they pick it up with the evening cleaning in the room. Depending upon where you are in the hallway, your morning clean might be always after 10 am. And the returns are same mixture as your experience. 

4 hours ago, MorgantonNC said:

We have never done laundry service.  But have purchased it for our Christmas/New Years cruise.  How does the laundry service work?  Do you send it out one day and get it back the next?  Or is there a longer lag in time?

You may also send laundry in the morning by hanging the bag on your door handle when you go to breakfast or you can just leave it on your bed for pick-up when your room is cleaned.  The door handle method ensures it will be turned in by your Room Steward sooner than waiting for them to clean your room.  It is my experience, after hundreds of laundry loads submitted, that morning turn-in will have the laundry back the same day.

Note that you can turn-in as many laundry bags per day as you wish/need if you purchase the unlimited laundry package.

You will find a blue laundry bag and laundry slip hanging in your closet above the wicker shoeshine basket.  If you need more bags/slips, ask your Room Steward.

11 minutes ago, Crew News said:

You may also send laundry in the morning by hanging the bag on your door handle

Caution - I’ve been told by more than one steward not to do this.  Not every passenger is honest (they were serious) and highly recommended we just leave it on the bed.  We had super fast service and no reason to regret not leaving it on the door knob.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

It is my experience, after hundreds of laundry loads submitted, that morning turn-in will have the laundry back the same day.

Our experience is that SOMETIMES laundry will be returned the same day.  MORE OFTEN it is returned the next day or the following day within the 48 hour service commitment timeframe.