What is actually included?

sunlover33

For our upcoming cruise we have purchased an experience more indulgence package giving us wi- fi,  ultimate beverage package, excursion and spa credit, chefs table or three tour table and 2 bags of laundry, all of which we will use. We are also discovery level LCV giving us 1 bag of laundry per 7 night cruise,  hence 2 more bags of laundry and also 20% off spa treatments etc . We have booked a balcony plus aft cabin which also includes 1 bag of laundry per 7 night cruise and  complimentary special dining for 2 each 7 nights, in addition to complimentary in room spirits. My question is, do we get all these perks such as 5 nights specialty dining and 6 bags of laundry, or do some these perks cancel each other  out as was hinted in another post I read recently?  I’m sure we would not use 6 bags of laundry in two weeks but it would be nice to know what we can actually access. I cannot find any information regarding this on Azamara website, but I’m sure someone on here has the answer. 

Based on my experience on our last cruise, you will get one bag of laundry for every seven days of the cruise.  You will get unlimited internet on one account if that is what you purchased.  The number of specialty restaurant dinners and chef's table will be as you purchased.  Hope this helps.

My experience traveling in a suite is that I get the suite laundry benefit, but not the LCV laundry benefit. I have never travelled in the balcony plus category, so I’m not sure it will be the same, but I suspect it is. Also, you didn’t specify how long your cruise is, but Azamara counts “per 7 night voyage” differently than I do.  If you are on a 13 day cruise, you will only get 1 bag of laundry with your room.  At 14 days, you will get the second bag. 

The balcony plus specialty dining nights will be in. Addition to the nights you receive from your experience more package. 

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks all for your replies, looks like the consensus is all of the speciality dining  and bags of laundry for indulgence and balcony plus but not LCV. Will wait to see what actually happens. Unfortunately looks like Bonnie is not able to clarify. 

Azamara used to match Celebrity Captains Club benefits. As elite plus/discoverer plus, I had expected 2 free bags of laundry per guest on my last Azamara cruise.  I was surprised to only get one small bag of free laundry for both of us. As I was told, “You can do your own laundry.” Azamara is supposed to be more luxurious than Celebrity.  On this item, Celebrity is better. 

On 11/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, sunlover33 said:

Thanks all for your replies, looks like the consensus is all of the speciality dining  and bags of laundry for indulgence and balcony plus but not LCV. Will wait to see what actually happens. Unfortunately looks like Bonnie is not able to clarify. 

Clarification...I'm able and willing to clarify, but would like to get an official response. I'd hate to misquote and give you false expectations. I should have an answer by tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Clarification...I'm able and willing to clarify, but would like to get an official response. I'd hate to misquote and give you false expectations. I should have an answer by tomorrow.

Thanks Bonnie, look forward to your reply when you have the correct information. 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:14 PM, sunlover33 said:

For our upcoming cruise we have purchased an experience more indulgence package giving us wi- fi,  ultimate beverage package, excursion and spa credit, chefs table or three tour table and 2 bags of laundry, all of which we will use. We are also discovery level LCV giving us 1 bag of laundry per 7 night cruise,  hence 2 more bags of laundry and also 20% off spa treatments etc . We have booked a balcony plus aft cabin which also includes 1 bag of laundry per 7 night cruise and  complimentary special dining for 2 each 7 nights, in addition to complimentary in room spirits. My question is, do we get all these perks such as 5 nights specialty dining and 6 bags of laundry, or do some these perks cancel each other  out as was hinted in another post I read recently?  I’m sure we would not use 6 bags of laundry in two weeks but it would be nice to know what we can actually access. I cannot find any information regarding this on Azamara website, but I’m sure someone on here has the answer. 

The Indulgence package is combinable with your loyalty benefits. This means, internet minutes and laundry will be combinable. However, the amenities from your Veranda Plus stateroom cannot be combined with your loyalty benefits since it’s not a promotional package. 

Although Veranda Plus is not a suite, it is treated similar to the suites because of its added amenities; therefore, loyalty members who stay in this category will receive the amenities included with the stateroom, not their loyalty benefits for complimentary internet and laundry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

The Indulgence package is combinable with your loyalty benefits. This means, internet minutes and laundry will be combinable. However, the amenities from your Veranda Plus stateroom cannot be combined with your loyalty benefits since it’s not a promotional package. 

Although Veranda Plus is not a suite, it is treated similar to the suites because of its added amenities; therefore, loyalty members who stay in this category will receive the amenities included with the stateroom, not their loyalty benefits for complimentary internet and laundry.

Thanks for the clarification Bonnie, at least we will be clean, well fed and well watered! We chose the balcony plus because we love Sitting out on our aft  balcony looking out at the wake, my favourite place on the ship.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Bonnie I find this very incongruous, if I purchase an Indulgence Package I retain my loyalty benefits but if I purchase the laundry & internet as part of my Suite or Veranda Plus fare I don’t. Presumably in Azamara’s corporate mind the more I spend on my accommodation the less loyal I am, because as far as I’m concerned the Suite benefits have always been paid for in the fare and never been part of a promotional package.

One the other hand if an Indulgence Package is offered as part of a booking promotion then surely it’s a then a promotional package and on this line of thinking any loyalty benefits should be removed.

Maybe it’s time someone in Azamara took a long hard look at the way this and other parts of LCV work as currently it’s a total mess. We don’t choose cruises specifically because of loyalty benefits and know that it’s not about loyalty but sales retention, bean counters always hate them as they only look at the cost and the benefit of retaining customers is difficult to quantify. However there’s a fine line between loyalty schemes working and alienating customers, my view is Azamara has crossed the line.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I have shared your post, Riocca. And thank you for your loyalty!

Thank you Bonnie, having introduced and administered a loyalty scheme at corporate level I appreciate the difficulties but I also know the pitfalls. 

12 hours ago, Riocca said:

Bonnie I find this very incongruous, if I purchase an Indulgence Package I retain my loyalty benefits but if I purchase the laundry & internet as part of my Suite or Veranda Plus fare I don’t. Presumably in Azamara’s corporate mind the more I spend on my accommodation the less loyal I am, because as far as I’m concerned the Suite benefits have always been paid for in the fare and never been part of a promotional package.

One the other hand if an Indulgence Package is offered as part of a booking promotion then surely it’s a then a promotional package and on this line of thinking any loyalty benefits should be removed.

Maybe it’s time someone in Azamara took a long hard look at the way this and other parts of LCV work as currently it’s a total mess. We don’t choose cruises specifically because of loyalty benefits and know that it’s not about loyalty but sales retention, bean counters always hate them as they only look at the cost and the benefit of retaining customers is difficult to quantify. However there’s a fine line between loyalty schemes working and alienating customers, my view is Azamara has crossed the line.

It really seems that corporate America does not care....Everything is about the almighty $$$....We are doing our first Azamara cruise next week on the Journey for 16 nights and have been following the Azamara topic for months....We are both Celebrity Elite and have loyalty benefits taken away from us on Celebrity, RCl and now have had more taken away because we are going to sail on Azamara; I know that Azamara is just a small cog in the big RCL picture and really has no say on what goes on but stop taking away our benefits..Sorry for venting..Happy sailing.

Edited by Fatfish

13 hours ago, Riocca said:

Thank you Bonnie, having introduced and administered a loyalty scheme at corporate level I appreciate the difficulties but I also know the pitfalls. 

You make a very good point. I'm afraid the whole LCV benefits thing is a mess and the more time goes on the more it gets left behind by the plethora of special deals. You've highlighted yet another absurdity. I hope Azamara are taking note. 

Phil 

33 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You make a very good point. I'm afraid the whole LCV benefits thing is a mess and the more time goes on the more it gets left behind by the plethora of special deals. You've highlighted yet another absurdity. I hope Azamara are taking note. 

Phil 

Has a previous post mentioned do they really care, it seems that they don't.

On our last Azamara cruise we were told by someone in LCV before the cruise that the amenities, such as laundry,  because of our LCV status would be additive with our suite benefits.  When we boarded the ship we were immediately corrected that we would only get our suite benefits.  The laundry bag was quite small and barely held a week's worth of our undies.  It was unlike the large brown paper laundry bag that we used to get.  When we mentioned this issue to customer relations at the end of the cruise, they said that we could have come down and got another laundry bag at no cost.  Don't quote me on that.  It was just what we were told.  On our next AZ cruise we may try it and see what happens.

12 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

On our last Azamara cruise we were told by someone in LCV before the cruise that the amenities, such as laundry,  because of our LCV status would be additive with our suite benefits.  When we boarded the ship we were immediately corrected that we would only get our suite benefits.  The laundry bag was quite small and barely held a week's worth of our undies.  It was unlike the large brown paper laundry bag that we used to get.  When we mentioned this issue to customer relations at the end of the cruise, they said that we could have come down and got another laundry bag at no cost.  Don't quote me on that.  It was just what we were told.  On our next AZ cruise we may try it and see what happens.

Just did a bag of laundry and managed to get $67 worth of laundry In the bag - 16 undergarments, 12 pairs of socks, 2 long sleeved shirts, 2 shorts, 2 pairs of pyjamas, 2 T-shirts and 3 hankies.

I believe every time I board the bag shrinks. It certainly is much smaller than it used to be. I know what used to go in of our laundry and I cannot get that in now. It’s also imho pathetic that two people sharing a cabin both have paid good money to be loyal have to share the laundry benefit. 
On our current cruise of 16 nights we did get 2 LCV laundry credits loaded to our account. We’ve had $40 a bag offers almost every day.  Next cruise 9 nights in a suite 2 LCV guests 1 voucher it’s a real turn off compared to what Celebrity would give us at our loyalty level. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love cruising. I hate doing laundry on vacation. Azamara limiting complimentary laundry left me wondering why.  Why would they cut the laundry benefits compared to previous Azamara/Celebrity cruises?  I can certainly afford to pay for more laundry. My spouse said that cuts send a message....more cuts are coming.  That’s what happened on Celebrity.