No World Series On Norwegian Dawn

lenquixote66

3 hours ago, Love my butler said:

NCL doesn't pay for MLB on any of its ships.  It simply costs too much.  The CEO has made it clear they will do anything and everything they can to save a nickel and a dime.

Wow,absolutely amazing .So Many people on our cruise complained and nobody told us why.

Just now, njhorseman said:

They used to show the World Series in some of the bars. I remember watching it a few years ago while I was in Bermuda on the Gem.

My only experience of being onboard during the world series was the Escape TA, and it wasn't shown then. I did wonder at the time whether it was just because of where we were, or being a new ship, so maybe that was the case.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

They used to show the World Series in some of the bars. I remember watching it a few years ago while I was in Bermuda on the Gem.

I would have thought that they would have shown game 7.We were only able to get the results by watching FOX news.None of the other news channels seemed to care about America’s favorite pastime.

Two years ago on the Breakaway we were able to see the Super Bowl.

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the past few years I've almost always been on a ship during Super Bowl and it's always been shown...even on Oceania in the South Pacific, a cruise line that never shows NFL football otherwise. 

On NCL nationally broadcast NFL games such as Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football have always been shown on US -based ships and even some local games...such as Giants or Jets games on NY-based ships have  been shown in my experience.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I would have thought that they would have shown game 7.We were only able to get the results by watching FOX news.None of the other news channels seemed to care about America’s favorite pastime.

“America” is one country on a big world. You are on an international cruise ship flagged in the Bahamas. NCL caters to the many other nationalities on the ship. And if you look at the ratings, most “Americans” don’t watch baseball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserssandr said:

We were on the Dawn in 2018 during the World Series.  We saw all the games except the one the went on all night. They showed it on the big screen. We sat in O'Sheehans and had a blast. 

O’Sheehans televised everything except the World Series.

43 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

“America” is one country on a big world. You are on an international cruise ship flagged in the Bahamas. NCL caters to the many other nationalities on the ship. And if you look at the ratings, most “Americans” don’t watch baseball. 

I am an American and only watch baseball. I played semi pro basketball for two years and never watch the sport.

52 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you look at the ratings, most of any nationality don’t watch that countries favourite sports/tv show/anything else. I don’t see the relevance.

Edited by KeithJenner

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

And if guests with the free drink package are watching baseball, then they aren't spending any additional money.

12 hours ago, Love my butler said:

NCL doesn't pay for MLB on any of its ships.  It simply costs too much.  The CEO has made it clear they will do anything and everything they can to save a nickel and a dime.

If they broadcast every sport from every continent or every TV show from every channel from across the world then the cost of cruising would be astronomical just to pay the license fees.......  yes, it certainly is a cost based decision but so isn't everything in business

As a shareholder I appreciate some of the decisions being made and as a cruiser I appreciate NCL not having frivolous license fees passed on to my vacation budget. 

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wow,I hope I never meet you anywhere.

Not sure why you reacted like this to @purpleally because it is actually sound advice...... if something is important to you, check the calendar before booking any vacation.

If you don't like heat and crowds then don't book Disney World in August...... you don't like traffic then don't drive from LA to North Hollywood at 5pm (or anytime for that matter) ..... if you want to watch the World Series then don't book a vacation during those 2 weeks. 

• Like 2