EDGE SUNSET VERANDA REVIEW....11/15/19, ABC ISLANDS

hcat

Not complaining about towels but some are ratty.. guess we are spoiled when we cruise in AQ Class!

Fabulous show last night. HOT SUMER NIGHTS DREAM,,,outstanding in every way

Had a  nice breakfast at buffet,....there's a quiet area we love..towards the Solarium on Mcarpet side.  Having a Bellini in Tuscan at Elite breakfast

Today is Bonaire...on on own!  Lite  Shopping and lunch at Kraals on the water.

Sunny...very hot!

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Breakfast area we like, magic carpet

20191120_070709.jpg

20191120_070937.jpg

20191120_070942.jpg

20191120_071238.jpg

It was very sad to see some people  occupying  the corner couches as their FREE private cabana on my Transatlantic.

They just sleep there for hours.They are so inconsiderate of others not been able to use it.

Too bad the management not doing any thing.

1 hour ago, verizon said:

It was very sad to see some people  occupying  the corner couches as their FREE private cabana on my Transatlantic.

They just sleep there for hours.They are so inconsiderate of others not been able to use it.

Too bad the management not doing any thing.

v one question, were they occupying the whole corner or just one (1) section?

bon voyage

23 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for taking us along!

Was yesterday the Art Tour? How was it?

Tour is coming up...I will post a review

Did not see anyone out on the carpet for all day use

Area shown is just one section......

• Like 1

We did not take the tablet off in Curacao so no pics!....Had a Culinary tour that was a major disappointment. Old food market where they make food and sell spices was closed &  new market was a low end flea market,,no time given to shop anyhow, There was a few minute stop outside the Old Synagogue,,.just a short  overview, p ( time for a prayer)

Stop at the Choluba ( ?) Distillery was 15 minutes max...time for the restroom,.no time to tour  exhibits, little time to shop...way too short a stop. 

The lunch at the Greenhouse at Mambo beach was excellent...but at 87 deg being outdoors for lunch  was riduculous.  We managed to get 2 bar seats with A/C, Had a delicious lunch served to us at the  bar, plus great drinks on our own!   Bartender is a NY Yankees fan.. Yankees 3rd base player  ? is from Curacao!  It worked out but we do not rec this Excursion!  Most others agreed!

Curacao has changed over the years....more  crowded, more traffic,  empty stores,  dirty streets,,,sorry to say.  Go to a hotel or the beach area....rather than the town!

Edited by hcat

Had a great day yesterday at Bonaire. Will post about it later as well as some 4 mdr  pics and shows to date if I can get more internet minutes( sal has  not used his!),

Today we are at Aruba...going ashore later..headed to the spa for a facial..port pricing.

Bonaire. Pic 1 and 2

Aruba shore pic 3

20191120_145835.jpg

20191120_091140.jpg

20191121_070513.jpg

• Thanks 1

Back onboard...Enjoyed our very  hot day on  Aruba. ! 

Great lunch...We took a cab to The West Deck,.near the Renaissance Hotel area...Linear Park..etc,.  Although we have been to Aruba a number of times & taken various tours, visited beaches etc, , we never explored this area...

We ate outdoors overlookiing the water.  Fortunately,  there was a breeze and they had  fans blowing.  I had a great Steak wrap with a really unique mac salad..Sal had a huge burger...fries  Very reasonable prices...Outstanding service! ...We highly recommend this spot.  Next time we'll wear our  swimsuits and enjoy the beach. That's right there..no extra charge.!.

We walked backed...very hot but a nice walk saw the  Governors  home..now used for guests  ,Queen Wilhimina Statue, the Anne Frank statue. Parts of yhe linear park...and the usual stores in town

. Only other ships were one small one Freewind and Carnival Horizon  ( which seems to have more party cruisers than on those on X).... a bit crowded in town.  

20191121_101221.jpg

20191121_102422.jpg

20191121_102418.jpg

20191121_104259.jpg

20191121_104306.jpg

thank you

Yes, EDGE is  evolving for the better in many aspects....it was just fine for us in Jan 2019...but even finer this trip.  Better use of spaces,  great music,  & even better dining , food service, etc.

Today is the Art Tour

• Thanks 1

A few  more pics from our Bonaire  visit

We ate at the indoor part of Karels rather than outside on the water..too hot outdoors, not much breeze .  Great service!.  Crab Wonton appetizers. They made my salad to order,.. grilled shrimp and avocado salad..delicious!   Perfect Pina Coladas...Sal had the usual! Burger and a beer..

20191120_151712.jpg

20191120_121650.jpg

20191120_101316.jpg

20191120_102711.jpg

Some nice historic bldgs

Very clean..just like Aruba

Sv: 

Sv cabins  get the nice soft, non waffle bathrobes,.very nice..not too heavy.

My flowers are still going strong

My Brita water filter pitcher worked out quite well

Have not used our big balc yet..maybe this afternoon

Wil try to measure the balc for Vt cruiser

20191120_091118.jpg

20191120_091140.jpg

20191120_121744.jpg

• Like 2

A few things from our SV cabin ...

Expensive laundry...but here's a one time special for $49.  We are E + so we get 2 free bags of 30 items.  We did 1 bag  just to bring home some cleaner stuff.

Limited Room Svc  menu compared to AQ Class...no canapes or sparkling wine

20191122_133802.jpg

20191122_133956.jpg

20191122_133823.jpg

Went to the Eden show last night... We had nice seats b/c we went early.  So along came the asst CD,   who was placing  late arriving suite guests in the middle areas but squeezing everyone else's seats very tight  to make sure the latecomers had a good view!   My husb ended up behind me instead of next to me as originally  configured.  It was all very polite mind you.....but all very rude just the same!

Here are the best pics I could get of the show..,and as it turned out we did not stay.

The acrobats were excellent but the story was quite  run of the mill...and the faux fur and leather people were a distraction from seeing the acrobatics. The ladies did not sing very well.  It was all kind of a sophmoric high school play..although the players were limited by the material not matter how hard they worked!   They did interact with guests but not aggressively..sort of sweetly...Another couple said it was  plain Stupid,,...but the squeezed in suite woman loved it... so  avante garde!   Everyone can see  it and form their own opinion.

The rock type  mini stage that folks have tripped on was gone...just the wood floor. The cast did cover the Eden eatery best they could and there was an aerial set up all could see!  One other annoyance was that most of the non working entertainers were standing on either side of the performance area cheering at every move,..They clapped very loud and yelped alot..as if they were big fans of the show,  I think we used to call them shills!

Edited by hcat