EDGE SUNSET VERANDA REVIEW....11/15/19, ABC ISLANDS

hcat

In Curacao today..doing the Taste of Curacao..a food/ bev  tour,...hope it's fun,

Music on board is  very enjoyable..varied and always something.

Had a nice Eden morning...cake demo,  and lunch yesterday at Eden cafe.

Looking forward to White Night tonight!

Sv bathroom

20191118_085518.jpg

20191118_085418.jpg

18 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I'm following along on your cruise with the App (I think). The shows and music look good. Is the White Party tomorrow night? I found a very long description of the Art Tour and took screen shots. It looks fantastic! I can post the description at some point, if you wish. It still isn't showing up for my Apex cruise. Hope we will have that option!

I'd be interested in the Art Tour information! I've signed up for it on my Feb Edge cruise, but more info is always good! Especially since you pay for this - I'm accustomed to Disney's Art of the Theme Show tour that is no extra fee. For the prices they're asking on Edge, it better be amazing...and a super small group.

Eden cafe has salads, soups, desserts and fresh carving each day

Restaurant preview:

So far we prefer Tuscan  as our fav, (  Italian music, art, service and food are all excellent) , then Cypress.  Cosmo is pretty but just like any mdr..nothing so special. Have not tried Normandie yet.  We will do a  sandwhiches at the Bistr and try the Rooftop grill for lunch for lunch....today eating in shore..also in Bonaire tom. The buffet us a no go for us after our dinner there the other night!

I will report back in the Art tour..

Cypress.,,excellent

Cosmopolitan..okay..good Prime Rib..very lg venue..Have eaten breakfast there

Tuscan.,.live it..also site of ELITE breakfast,,will take a photo later!

Have a happy day...!

20191118_164717.jpg

20191119_062511.jpg

20191118_164035.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alishac said:

If you happen to have a few spare moments and pass by the ilounge, would you mind checking to see if the iPad Pros that they sell are WiFi and cellular capable, and if they also sell the pens and keyboard that go with the Pro? I would appreciate it, but only if you have the time 😀

Keep in mind that the ones photographed in the other recent thread were the older 2nd gen models, not the current model, so the pricing isn't necessarily all that special.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:32 AM, hcat said:

.  Ate at the buffet ...not very impressive compared to the  disembarkation lunch. Too many very spicy foods and lots of garlic,  No vampires alowed!

Yay!  I enjoy spice and lots of garlic so that makes me happy. I usually find cruise ship food too bland. Sorry for you.... Yum for me.  Thanks for your review so far. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hcat said:

I will report back in the Art tour..

Cypress.,,excellent

Cosmopolitan..okay..good Prime Rib..very lg venue..Have eaten breakfast there

Tuscan.,.live it..also site of ELITE breakfast,,will take a photo later!

Have a happy day...!

20191118_164717.jpg

20191119_062511.jpg

20191118_164035.jpg

Is this the set up for the tables for two?  They seem pretty close and all in a row.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Is this the set up for the tables for two?  They seem pretty close and all in a row.

Yes and given the number of two (2) tops they need to try and accommodate, this is about as good as it will get.

This set up is similar, sans benches, to that on other ships in the fleet, too.

bon appetite and bon voyage..

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes and given the number of two (2) tops they need to try and accommodate, this is about as good as it will get.

On the S-class ships we were always very happy with the two tops on the railing or even by the window.  

37 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Bo...

if I remember correctly, you and your group sail this coming weekend...have a great time...and return Edge safely to FLL so we can board on 12/1 😎

Susan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lola2013 said:

Bo...

if I remember correctly, you and your group sail this coming weekend...have a great time...and return Edge safely to FLL so we can board on 12/1 😎

Susan

LOL, Susan Thank You!

If there is a delay in your boarding and you see the Coast Guard, Police and SWAT there, then you know I will be hold up in The Retreat refusing to leave!

Otherwise, you can be sure the ship will be very ready for you!

bon voyage

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, Susan Thank You!

If there is a delay in your boarding and you see the Coast Guard, Police and SWAT there, then you know I will be hold up in The Retreat refusing to leave!

Otherwise, you can be sure the ship will be very ready for you!

bon voyage

Likewise on 12/8...I am typically the passenger that is clutching the railing kicking & screaming...NO...I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!!!

Have fun.

Susan

• Like 1

OK, now I'm following this even more as I just emailed my TA to try and get an SV for the Italy, Turkey, and Greek Isles cruise in July 2021. The dates don't line up exactly with my birthday (it'll be my 50th), but the itinerary is about as close to a dream trip as I can get (I could live without Turkey, but it is what it is), so... And the suite prices were RIDICULOUS so I'm chill with the SV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

OK, now I'm following this even more as I just emailed my TA to try and get an SV for the Italy, Turkey, and Greek Isles cruise in July 2021. The dates don't line up exactly with my birthday (it'll be my 50th), but the itinerary is about as close to a dream trip as I can get (I could live without Turkey, but it is what it is), so... And the suite prices were RIDICULOUS so I'm chill with the SV.

I say PARTY like it is... regardless.

bon voyage

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We tried a SV for the first time on Solstice...Hawaii to Vancouver...and have been hooked ever since.  We couldn't do Edge on our recent Med trip (not yet available when we booked our trip)...so did an entire row of SVs on Jewel of the Seas.  Only thing that would have made it better is if the partitions opened, but really no big deal.  I have an SV booked for next year on Equinox and another on the new Enchanted Princess in 2021.

Nothing like it!!!

Susan

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We liked Turkey...it was a different govt but the country was beautiful...went to Ephesus ( amazing),  loved the bazaar  in the port and had lunch in an authentic former caravan stop...now a hotel.  Avoid the carpet sales talk..

GO For It..Fifty is Nifty!

• Like 2

Mafig.. Yes there are close tables for two in a long  row...but we have had a beautiful window table for 2 in Cypress,....no neighbors, and another fairly pvt one in Tuscan .  They try hard to please!

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2019 at 8:32 AM, hcat said:

the towels are fairly scratchy and ratty but we are using the beach towels as bath towels. 

How can the towels be in such poor condition on a reasonably new ship? Have you complained about them?