Anthem of the Seas

franncos

We were on her for 2 weeks in October so can't tell you about seas but the big shows were the same ones as before...Spectra's Cafe in 270, The Gift and We will Rock You in the theater.  Also guest entertainers who come on board for a couple of days.  Hope that helps.

• Clarea changed the title to Anthem of the Seas
43 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We were on her for 2 weeks in October so can't tell you about seas but the big shows were the same ones as before...Spectra's Cafe in 270, The Gift and We will Rock You in the theater.  Also guest entertainers who come on board for a couple of days.  Hope that helps.

How about the food ?I am going to be on the ship in 2 weeks.

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had no problems,  but are not overly picky.  My husband does not eat meat but eats fish and had plenty to eat. Also asked for the Vegan menu each night.  I ordered some soups from that menu.  Don't forget to look for the crepe station in the very back of WJ by the gluten free section.   Yummy! Did Jamie's and enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

We had no problems,  but are not overly picky.  My husband does not eat meat but eats fish and had plenty to eat. Also asked for the Vegan menu each night.  I ordered some soups from that menu.  Don't forget to look for the crepe station in the very back of WJ by the gluten free section.   Yummy! Did Jamie's and enjoyed it.

Thank you

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Len, in my opinion you will find it better than Grandeur in all venues. Windjammer is way better. There are many other options, also. There is a great breakfast, sandwich, salad, and snack venue at the rear of the ship by 270. Beware of the macaroons - addictive. The Solarium Bistro is a good alternative for embarkation day; I'll be there on December 8! You know that Park Cafe on Grandeur is okay in a pinch. There is better in the Promenade on Anthem. They also have a fairly good Sorrento's.

Before the hatin' starts, I am a huge fan of Grandeur and sail her regularly.

• Like 1

The seas? It is sometimes calm and sometimes there have been colossal storms that damaged parts of Anthem. There is no way of knowing in advance. I've had 3 foot and 17 foot waves in the same 24-hour day. 

The only constant? They are salty and wet and cold and deep.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Was Zumba offered in 270 lounge? Was there any theme parties for dancing activities at night? Who’s the current Cruise Director?

1 hour ago, cementhands said:

Was Zumba offered in 270 lounge? Was there any theme parties for dancing activities at night? Who’s the current Cruise Director?

I pulled the cruise compasses out of the recycling pile and will try and help.  I don't like the new format as it's hard to know where to look for things.  Didn't see zumba listed but did see other exercise classes in Vitality fitness.  I'm not sure about thene parties...hard to find, but lots doing in the evening.  Saw dj events in the music hall as well as music in Boleros and the schooner bar.  Cruise director was Mitch Merucci. Sorry I can't be of more help.

We are very experienced cruisers having cruised on various lines including RCL.  We are considering a cruise on the Anthem.  However- I’m concerned because of all the negative and many downright horrible reviews including bed bugs!!

We would appreciate hearing from past cruisers on the Anthem with your honest opinions before we book!

Thank you and happy cruising!

8 minutes ago, dcruisers said:

We are very experienced cruisers having cruised on various lines including RCL.  We are considering a cruise on the Anthem.  However- I’m concerned because of all the negative and many downright horrible reviews including bed bugs!!

We would appreciate hearing from past cruisers on the Anthem with your honest opinions before we book!

The Anthem is a beautiful ship and you should not worry about booking it. I've been on it 3 times and will be on it for a NY Eve cruise next month. Any reports of bedbugs is either erroneous or have been resolved. 

7 hours ago, John Reid said:

Len, in my opinion you will find it better than Grandeur in all venues. Windjammer is way better. There are many other options, also. There is a great breakfast, sandwich, salad, and snack venue at the rear of the ship by 270. Beware of the macaroons - addictive. The Solarium Bistro is a good alternative for embarkation day; I'll be there on December 8! You know that Park Cafe on Grandeur is okay in a pinch. There is better in the Promenade on Anthem. They also have a fairly good Sorrento's.

Before the hatin' starts, I am a huge fan of Grandeur and sail her regularly.

We will be there on Dec.8 as well.We were on the Grandeur 4 December’s 2015 to 2018 but I can no longer be in a car ,even with rest stops for nearly 5 hours.

3 hours ago, dcruisers said:

I just got off Anthem this past Saturday.  It was my third time on her and I am totally annoyed that she is leaving to go "across the pond" for the summer.  Best. Ship. Ever. 

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

On behalf of dh who did the scanning, thanks.  I just uploaded them

Please thank him for scanning them, and thank you for uploading them. I'm on Anthem in January and will have a better idea as to where to go and where to eat...the important stuff, LOL !!

9 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Please thank him for scanning them, and thank you for uploading them. I'm on Anthem in January and will have a better idea as to where to go and where to eat...the important stuff, LOL !!

Btw our favorite place to eat on boarding day is Cafe 270...great Kummelwack sandwich!

17 hours ago, dcruisers said:

We traveled on Anthem two years ago and are booked on her again for Jan 5. We loved our experience hence the repeat trip. My only criticism was at the time they were experimenting with four different dinner venues( and menus) and it was a disaster. I’ve been told they’re not doing that any more. We loved We will Rock you and Spectra. Did no5 like The Gift but that is personal taste. I would make sure you book your entertainment ASAP. We met great crew members. Hope they’re still on board. 

We are also on the Anthem right now and the food is very good.  Saw We Will Rock You last night for the 3rd time (3rd cruise on Anthem) and enjoyed it even more.  An awesome ship that seems to be going over seas for most of the next 2 years.  A loss for us.