Deck 3 or 4?

Redtravel

TA offered us cabins deck 4 aft or deck 3 more midship near atrium.  Cabin on deck 3 is close to atrium and above restaurant.  Since my spouse walks slowly, we prefer the deck 3 cabin that is closer to the lift. Is there any noise being above the restaurant?

We had 4073, I believe, on our last cruise.  Opposite the aft elevator. I expected noise from the hallway and lobby , but there was none.

The fringe of tropical storm Lorenzo cancelled a port call, and put us in rough seas. Having a lower deck location was noticeably more pleasant than being up at the Explorer level

45 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

3036 on Viking Sea last spring.  Great location near the elevators and no noise from elevators or restaurant.  I'd choose that cabin again.

3036 is forward of the Atrium, so not over the restaurant, but equally important, not over the theater either and not near the disco. 

14 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Any input on 3033?

Well we have been in 3034 and 3036 which are right across from 3033. Loved the location. Was expecting noise from below and from the elevator area the first time but never heard a thing. Very convenient location. Have it booked again in May. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @mhb1757!

Regarding @gma1's post: I know the lack of motion is usually desirable... but I love some rocking while I'm drifting off. Grew up sailing boats on the Hudson River... loved a nap in the front berth while underway... SO... I'm just putting this out there... if any of you in those 7th floor Penthouse Suites... or perhaps the Owner's Suite... find your selves a little green around the gills I'm happy to swap with you. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2