Black Friday Deals - excursions?

lauraapp

5 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

I check the Cruise planner to see if there are any specials.  I don't always get an email regarding a sale.  Most sales are specific to a cruise and not across the board.

Definitely true. I am on the Edge for a week starting 12/8 and there have been a number of excursion sales for that itinerary. I am also on Infinity for 5 days starting 12/16 and haven't seen an excursion sale at all.

Just keep checking the website and keep a list of the prices for things you are interested it.

I've made considerable savings by cancelling and rebooking almost every excursion we originally booked.

Just checked again and found another $100 in reductions...

These are not flagged as 'sales' or 'promotions' just changed prices vs what we paid.

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I've made considerable savings by cancelling and rebooking almost every excursion we originally booked.

When we book through Cruise Planner and pay, do they refund your CC when you cancel? If we use OBC for the excursions, does that also get refunded? Thanks for humoring my rookie question! 

19 minutes ago, phabric said:

They refund how you purchase - bought with OBC, refund OBC, bought with credit card, refund on credit card.

Exactly, so from a process point of view it is best to cancel all you are cancelling first and then rebook them all, rather than rebooking and cancelling each in turn.

That way you make sure you get to use all the OBC that gets freed up before putting the balance on the credit card again.

2 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

That way you make sure you get to use all the OBC that gets freed up before putting the balance on the credit card again.

Great info, thank you. I am busily reading the terms and conditions as I pre-book a shore excursion today in Cruise Planner. All I can find is that tours involving hotel/air/rail/land/Private Journeys must be canceled at least 30 days in advance. I can't find a time cut off for a shore excursion that doesn't have any of those components. 

7 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Great info, thank you. I am busily reading the terms and conditions as I pre-book a shore excursion today in Cruise Planner. All I can find is that tours involving hotel/air/rail/land/Private Journeys must be canceled at least 30 days in advance. I can't find a time cut off for a shore excursion that doesn't have any of those components. 

Excursions other than the special ones you mentioned can usually be canceled with full refund if you cancel a day or two in advance - even when you are on board.

We have had two sales for our February cruise.  10%  off  on the first sale and 20% off on the second.     I did receive an e-mail from Celebrity each time advertising the special sale.   I had booked during the first sale  and re-booked.  Very easy to do so.  

On 11/28/2019 at 10:15 AM, FlyingAnchor said:

48 hours prior to the excursion for normal excursions

Don't depend on there being any 'sale' messages on the website, just check each excursion against the price you already paid (...or saw last if you didn't buy it yet).

I've already shaved almost $300 off the cost of our excursions and none of the price changes actually showed as a 'sale' on the actual web page.

23 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Nothing changed with regard to excursion discounts during Black Friday.  I've got three booked and will keep checking to see if price decreases between now and then, but I'm not holding my breath.  🍷

Hi Mike

Let me know if you see something. Laura