Do without drink package

2yves

How many of us are going to go without the drink package if we can't get a good deal?  Has anyone tried bringing their own low calorie mixer from home and a mug.  Purchase double shots only?  If so, how has it worked out for you?

14 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

Between my wife and I, we can drink about 80, 90 dollars a day. Current price is 61 and I/m not biting. I need it to be down near 50 to make sense for us. We will drink the same amount with or without the package.

Wouldn't it need to be down to $40-45 for it make sense?

The "Black Friday Sale" hasn't budged the price on our Allure Jan 2020 cruise any lower than the planner price of $61. We also  drink around the 80/90 amount. And you always factor in the shore days when you aren't drinking RC drinks..$61 too much to make sense for us

59 minutes ago, 2yves said:

How many of us are going to go without the drink package if we can't get a good deal?  Has anyone tried bringing their own low calorie mixer from home and a mug.  Purchase double shots only?  If so, how has it worked out for you?

We cruised without the BP on out last B2B Freedom cruise. We are D+ so we get the evening C&A HH in the DL plus the three drinks loaded on our Sea Pass cards each evening. We elected not to bring on the two allowed bottles of wine (next time we will) at our embarkation port but still an option. Also a couple of C&A beers on the first day as a D+ perk waiting in our cabin. Also the buy one get one free wine and beer and the 20% discount off of wine or beer.  It worked for us on both legs of the cruise. We would always have a couple of drinks while in port and if we wanted a mid day drink while on the ship we would purchase them. 

Edited by davekathy

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We cruised without the BP on out last B2B Freedom cruise. We are D+ so we get the evening C&A HH in the DL plus the three drinks loaded on our Sea Pass cards each evening. We elected not to bring on the two allowed bottles of wine (next time we will) at our embarkation port but still an option. Also a couple of C&A beers on the first day as a D+ perk waiting in our cabin. Also the buy one get one free wine and beer and the 20% discount off of wine or beer.  It worked for us on both legs of the cruise. We would always have a couple of drinks while in port and if we wanted a mid day drink while on the ship we would purchase them. 

On week long trips...we have actually ended up taking one or both bottles of wine we brought on board back home.  Totally agree...DS drink perks really rock!  😄 

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I only bought it because it was $18 per day.(Beverage gate)   Have it now for all 2020 trips.  Not sure if we will even keep it at that price.  Will see how the test run goes in Feb🍺

Did you really get the $18 dal for all of your 2020 cruises? If so, well done!😊

4 minutes ago, California Traveler said:

Hugh?  What is this Beverage Gate???

For several hours one day in July the ultimate beverage package was mistakenly on sale for $18 per day for 2020 cruisesThey ended up honoring those that got sold at the wrong price. 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

With the high prices currently in place for the deluxe beverage package there will be lots of people who find out they don't need it as much as they thought they did. Royal is leaving a lot of money on the table from those who would purchase at a slightly lesser price. Maybe they will eventually figure that out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

With the high prices currently in place for the deluxe beverage package there will be lots of people who find out they don't need it as much as they thought they did. Royal is leaving a lot of money on the table from those who would purchase at a slightly lesser price. Maybe they will eventually figure that out.

totally agree.  At the current price I would by on for myself but not my wife.  but you all know the rules.  I can get my moneys worth, my wife will not.  so its way cheaper for us not to have one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Royal is leaving a lot of money on the table from those who would purchase at a slightly lesser price.

I think the RCI bean counters have a lot more info that anyone here does and know what they are doing.

• Like 2

We never buy a drink package on a Royal, the only time we have one is when it is included in the pricing for Celebrity at a good rate.  While it is convenient  to have one, I do not need to drink as much as I would feel necessary to justify it.😂

Sherri🙂