Black Friday TOUR sale!

BBMacLaird

We are running a sale on select Azamara shore excursion tours!

Obviously this is for booked guests only because you need a reservation number to access the sale. 

But if you ARE booked and haven’t yet purchased your tours, it is worth your while to see if any of the tours on your future cruise are included in the sale.

E6CBDE8C-15F1-46C7-804D-9EF69E946BB4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Same here Phil. I was expecting to see old price crossed out and new % less price listed. A few tours I have been looking at are the same price. We have 3 cruises booked and none of these appear to have any offers. Foiled again! 

Jan. 23 Journey sailing from Papeete to Auckland includes some discounts.  Hilariously, one Rarotonga snorkel tour has been unavailable to book online for a few months now, "Please check onboard."  Well, that eliminates the 3-day booking window, doesn't it?

26 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

Jan. 23 Journey sailing from Papeete to Auckland includes some discounts.  Hilariously, one Rarotonga snorkel tour has been unavailable to book online for a few months now, "Please check onboard."  Well, that eliminates the 3-day booking window, doesn't it?

Can you tell me which ones as I'm on that cruise?  I can then check it. Thanks!

Phil 

1 minute ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hmmm, I can’t answer which voyages and/or specific tours are discounted. I saw on the 12/7/19 Journey Roll Call someone posted getting to use the tour discount today. 

The successful ones look to be US-based accounts.

4 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Bonnie, 

Case in point:

Ithikan is US-based. Phil is UK-based (£). I am Canada-based (CAD).

The exact same cruise (Journey Jan. 23rd), but only Ithikan sees deals.

I am on the Papeete to Auckland cruise on 23 January and I have just looked at the shorex prices.  One of the excursions I booked back in August is now about £10 cheaper pp but that does not represent a 20% saving.  The other excursion I booked is no longer showing so I'm hoping it's fully booked and not cancelled!

3 hours ago, Medeba said:

I am on the Papeete to Auckland cruise on 23 January and I have just looked at the shorex prices.  One of the excursions I booked back in August is now about £10 cheaper pp but that does not represent a 20% saving.  The other excursion I booked is no longer showing so I'm hoping it's fully booked and not cancelled!

Note the offer is "Save Up To 20%"  This is a typical advertising ploy, at least here in the US that deceives a lot of people expecting to see the 20% or whatever is in the advertisement however is only promising zero to 20%.

Not incorrect but, meant to draw attention to a possible discount. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Note the offer is "Save Up To 20%"  This is a typical advertising ploy, at least here in the US that deceives a lot of people expecting to see the 20% or whatever is in the advertisement however is only promising zero to 20%.

Not incorrect but, meant to draw attention to a possible discount. 

Rallydave.  You are quite right.  I fell for the advertising ploy.  Thanks for pointing it out; I shall definitely keep an eye out in future!

I’m sailing the Journey December 7-19 B2B.  Yesterday I received an email about the excursion sale, I was able to rebook and save on all my booked excursions.  10% on one and a $5 savings on the others.  I also received a nice personalized packet in yesterday’s mail.  No information that I didn’t already know, but the packet was done very nicely.  I’ve including a few photos from the mailer.  I just disembarked  Journey   on November 21 there are no drinks on board that look like this, this is something you would get a the world class bar on Celebrity.  I appreciate that Azamara mailed me this packet, which arrived Black Friday morning.

EAF81435-7003-4986-8A6E-42DD048262C9.jpeg.0743cc18f1132cc97a29fff377d161da.jpegB5E00D28-169C-41D5-B676-9D03C3F47FF5.jpeg.a913e5c2b243c93815e58d2b456eb2a4.jpeg212234D7-C311-4321-9BDD-4B8E27E9ECA4.jpeg.883f2ae0b1f86e331f653da2c7724346.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm in the UK and you I guess are in the US. To be honest I'm not really interested in saving $5 or $10 here or there. I can make or lose that in the exchange rate conversion. I'm just thinking that 20% on a tour I have planned in Kauai could be very worthwhile, but I guess having seen nothing in writing in the UK I'm out of luck. 

I feel that before putting marketing deal threads on this board there should be some research and qualification if it doesn't apply to all countries. A lot of non-US people come here.  Bonnie, I'd be grateful if this could be noted. It's not the first time this has happened. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To respond, I had booked only 1 excursion.  Out of Rarotonga, Day 4, the selected tour went from $109 to $98.  T&C clearly state cancel and rebook will not be allowed in this sale.  So, I cancelled online and then rebooked, and my voyage planner showed cancellation and purchase, but follow up emails from Azamara show only confirmation for the rebook.  We shall see.

For Bora Bora on Day 2, out of the 6 tours there is 1 "pre-voyage deal" for the glass bottom boat tour, $75.  The aqua safari underwater walk shows $119 (20%); delux lagoon tour, 10% off for $161; the lagoon cruise with beach, 10% off for $143.  At Rarotonga, two of the six excursions now show discounts.

If anyone would like specific ports from this Jan. 23 voyage checked out, please just let me know.

Teri

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm in the UK and you I guess are in the US. To be honest I'm not really interested in saving $5 or $10 here or there. I can make or lose that in the exchange rate conversion. I'm just thinking that 20% on a tour I have planned in Kauai could be very worthwhile, but I guess having seen nothing in writing in the UK I'm out of luck. 

I feel that before putting marketing deal threads on this board there should be some research and qualification if it doesn't apply to all countries. A lot of non-US people come here.  Bonnie, I'd be grateful if this could be noted. It's not the first time this has happened. 

Phil 

Hi Phil, I don’t blame you for being irked by this. I will see if I can find out if this offer was restricted to only one country. If that is the case, it doesn’t make sense to me since I presume the goal is to fill up more tours so they don’t cancel. (Thus the  cherry-picking of tours offered...no need to discount tours that are popular or full.)

I would welcome  the day all offers are standardized across every country. I always wince a bit when email promotions from the UK are posted on this forum. Only because it highlights just how varied the offers can be, example, Black Friday.

30 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

To respond, I had booked only 1 excursion.  Out of Rarotonga, Day 4, the selected tour went from $109 to $98.  T&C clearly state cancel and rebook will not be allowed in this sale.  So, I cancelled online and then rebooked, and my voyage planner showed cancellation and purchase, but follow up emails from Azamara show only confirmation for the rebook.  We shall see.

For Bora Bora on Day 2, out of the 6 tours there is 1 "pre-voyage deal" for the glass bottom boat tour, $75.  The aqua safari underwater walk shows $119 (20%); delux lagoon tour, 10% off for $161; the lagoon cruise with beach, 10% off for $143.  At Rarotonga, two of the six excursions now show discounts.

If anyone would like specific ports from this Jan. 23 voyage checked out, please just let me know.

Teri

Teri, thanks for this.  I checked the price on my Voyage Planner for those Bora Bora tours and using the conversion rate it’s quoting me against the OBC I have the GBP price equates to those discounted ones you have given.  There is nothing on the website I can see that flags a discount for tours though. Very odd, but your post helps me. 

The one I was interested in is on the previous cruise. A helicopter and island tour in Kauai and it’s $499, so some sort of discount would have been nice to get, but I’m sure it’s priced the same today as it was the other day.  Once again there is nothing on that Voyage Planner about discounts.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Phil, we live on Kauai and understand that the helicopter tours are magnificent.  We've yet to experience one, but I think you've picked a winner for this island.  Normally the flights are $200-$250 depending upon season, but if you're awash in OBC the higher price via Azamara may make sense.

Kauai's interior is beyond rugged; soaring through the canyons and along the Napali cliffs should prove spectacular, discount or no.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

Phil, we live on Kauai and understand that the helicopter tours are magnificent.  We've yet to experience one, but I think you've picked a winner for this island.  Normally the flights are $200-$250 depending upon season, but if you're awash in OBC the higher price via Azamara may make sense.

Kauai's interior is beyond rugged; soaring through the canyons and along the Napali cliffs should prove spectacular, discount or no.

The thing that switched me onto this one is that at least if we couldn't go up in the helicopter because of the weather (fingers crossed it's ok) there is still a land tour. I've never been to Kauai and very much looking forward to your beautiful island.  See you in Tahiti and thank you for your positive input. 

Phil 

• Like 2