Luggage Shipping for Regent Cruise

Actually at the end of the cruise, you retrieve your own bag and hand it to the rep, who will be standing in that area with a sign.   (One time we had to wait quite a while, but all other times worked well.)   They can delay shipment to your home, though I'm not sure how long.

We've been fine with both Luggage Free and Luggage Forward.

I've used Luggage Free for 10 years. They collect your bags a week or so before you sail, depending on where you live and where you sail from and pick the bags up again when you get off and deliver it to your home a few days later.

Check the details between the different companies to see which one works best for you.

Peggy

I requested a quote from Luggage Forward and Luggage Free for one bag from Florida to Buenos Aires in March. I received a price from Luggage Forward, but Luggage Free says they don't ship to BA because of the strict customs/immigration rules. Strange, no?

There's a whole separate section on luggage among the topics on the other sections of CC.    There's probably a lot of detail there, if you're curious to learn whether Free or Forward seems to be preferred, and whether there are any specific negatives about either one.

On 12/1/2019 at 2:41 PM, poss said:

There's a whole separate section on luggage among the topics on the other sections of CC.    There's probably a lot of detail there, if you're curious to learn whether Free or Forward seems to be preferred, and whether there are any specific negatives about either one.

Poss

looked for it with no success. Can you forward the link to me. 
thanks 

Sheila

Hi Sheila —  Mea culpa!     I looked farther down on CC just now, didn't see anything, and then realized that I was conflating what I said with my experience  getting information about insurance purchase, for which there is, of course, a separate section.

Truly, I think you'll be fine with either Luggage Forward or Luggage Free.    I had a very slight preference for Luggage Forward, but at this point I don't even remember why.   Clearly, your responders think well of both.

Again, my apologies for leading you astray.

Here's a link to RSSC and Luggage Forward: https://www.luggageforward.com/partners/regent-seven-seas-cruises/

I am planning to use Luggage Forward at the end of my cruise as I'll be traveling onward in Asia and don't want to lug it all. My cruise is 40 days. Should I be scheduling this before I leave the U.S.? 

10 minutes ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Here's a link to RSSC and Luggage Forward: https://www.luggageforward.com/partners/regent-seven-seas-cruises/

I am planning to use Luggage Forward at the end of my cruise as I'll be traveling onward in Asia and don't want to lug it all. My cruise is 40 days. Should I be scheduling this before I leave the U.S.? 

Since there’s no way for Luggage Forward to get the tags and documents to you while you’re on your cruise, you need to arrange it before you leave.

I had a sort of similar situation on my last cruise -- a 35-day cruise to South America.  I could manage my luggage to the embarkation port (no flight involved), but I wanted help to get it back home.  I booked Luggage Forward about 6 weeks before embarkation requesting the pick up at the disembarkation port.  Someone from Luggage Forward called to get the info about when I was leaving for the cruise so they could get the tags and docs mailed to me before I left home.  Very easy process and very efficient.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

9 minutes ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

Since there’s no way for Luggage Forward to get the tags and documents to you while you’re on your cruise, you need to arrange it before you leave.

I had a sort of similar situation on my last cruise -- a 35-day cruise to South America.  I could manage my luggage to the embarkation port (no flight involved), but I wanted help to get it back home.  I booked Luggage Forward about 6 weeks before embarkation requesting the pick up at the disembarkation port.  Someone from Luggage Forward called to get the info about when I was leaving for the cruise so they could get the tags and docs mailed to me before I left home.  Very easy process and very efficient.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

Thanks Lana, that's very helpful. And I'm from Seattle area - so we're sort of neighbors.

Here is the Luggage Free web site: www.LuggageFree.com

I agree - you have to arrange the pick-up from the ship before you leave home. Luggage Free is very responsive to emails and you can check to see that everything is in order closer to the date you leave the ship and expect the pick-up.

Peggy

Thank you everyone! After all your responses, we decided to go with Luggage Forward. 
They were the same price, after all the checking.  Since they now represent Regent, we felt they were a safe bet. We are having the luggage delivered to our hotel in San Diego so I know I have the bags before we board ship. It will make me feel better. Remember our escapades in Copenhagen. I had no luggage the entire cruise. Decisions made. Here’s to a wonderful sailing. 
Sheila

• Like 1