On the Oosterdam until December 14!

canadianbear

On 12/4/2019 at 10:17 AM, canadianbear said:

He did mention they would keep smaller ships and as the older smaller ones need replaced have some smaller as they can do unique itineraries.  

Well, that’s encouraging.  Let’s hope.

• Like 2

The pictures are wonderful!!! Good photo of the arches. I love art and I love drawing each port that we come to in my journal.

Was in Cabo 2018. Wouldn’t it be great to get a bucket of beers on HAL for $10.00 LOL! Love that photo you took.

Now weather report from Hubby! Saturday 

40% chance of rain 🌧 and Sunday 50%
chance of ️! Sorry canadianbear 😞

He did say that that can change again but that is what it shows for our weather. Sunny today and for Friday! Hope it fizzles out for you!

Denise😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Those dresses are so cute!  You’ll have to let us know how they looked on.  I bet they’re cuddly cute.  Thank you for the beautiful pictures!

We live on West Coast & them in Quebec so will be a month or two before we see them again.  I hopefully bought big enough they’ll fit in summer.  

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

The pictures are wonderful!!! Good photo of the arches. I love art and I love drawing each port that we come to in my journal.

Was in Cabo 2018. Wouldn’t it be great to get a bucket of beers on HAL for $10.00 LOL! Love that photo you took.

Now weather report from Hubby! Saturday 

40% chance of rain 🌧 and Sunday 50%
chance of ️! Sorry canadianbear 😞

He did say that that can change again but that is what it shows for our weather. Sunny today and for Friday! Hope it fizzles out for you!

Denise😊

Sigh....was hoping to walk to Seaport Village to see Christmas decorations etc.  Will keep our fingers crossed.  

That sounds nice and you’re talented enough to draw.  Great memories in your journal.

Excited for Cabo next week as meeting a friend that’s on the NCL Joy there.  She lives in the US so this is very special for us to see each other.  Bucket of beers in order!

7 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Sigh....was hoping to walk to Seaport Village to see Christmas decorations etc.  Will keep our fingers crossed.  

That sounds nice and you’re talented enough to draw.  Great memories in your journal.

Excited for Cabo next week as meeting a friend that’s on the NCL Joy there.  She lives in the US so this is very special for us to see each other.  Bucket of beers in order!

Go to Harbor House for lunch at Seaport Village! You can walk past the Midway very close and go to FISH MARKET ON THE WARF. Very good seafood and drinks.

Both would be nice for you! Walk with a umbrella 👍

Denise😊

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Go to Harbor House for lunch at Seaport Village! You can walk past the Midway very close and go to FISH MARKET ON THE WARF. Very good seafood and drinks.

Both would be nice for you! Walk with a umbrella 👍

Denise😊

We have our coats & umbrella so may do that.  Depends how energetic we are, lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Are they still running the trial on this ship where Club HAL for ages 7 and up is replaced by an all day pay arcade? 

Sorry, no idea as we don’t have kids on here.  Best to phone HAL if you need an answer.  

53 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Sorry, no idea as we don’t have kids on here.  Best to phone HAL if you need an answer.  

HAL says it is going on Oosterdam currently; if you are able to check during your cruise would appreciate it.  Apparently kids club relocated to one conference room and most operating hours removed; kids 7 and older no club just arcade.  

I swear this ship is half empty sometimes.   We went for dinner at the MDR for gala night at 6pm.  No line up anywhere-so unusual.  They seated us upstairs at a nice table for 2. 

Service was great.  Hubby had surf only, I had surf and turf-meat was not as tender as usual.  Tiramisu and chocolate sundae for dessert.  

We also found another treat tonight when we returned to the cabin (I didn’t eat these ones yet like I gobbled down the last special chocolates on gala night!)  

83A92B9D-3417-4B08-B6F2-DD74EF508589.jpeg

8686DB7F-640A-47E3-83D1-2F705FEF258A.jpeg

B44DBF47-E4EE-4E37-BF79-82851880AEE2.jpeg

C9C17F27-A992-488C-A619-D8AD9492EA8A.jpeg

5B45BF44-D75B-49CA-AC05-FAD796B6FE72.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 2

We have had a couple of very minor issues and our concierge, Leah or Patricia, have dealt with it immediately-they are amazing.  

Today is the Mariner luncheon and we plan on going.  Tonight we have reservations at the Pinnacle again-hoping it’s not another 2 hour dinner 😳

A few photos including the Crow’s Nest/Explorations Cafe area.  

7929B8BD-3247-4330-A9A9-FACB46512F2E.jpeg

DABB92DB-9A32-4B6A-91CF-ED342F599C42.jpeg

48F3C355-2899-41FE-91B2-191DD9469B91.jpeg

D6E76C40-68AC-4042-813F-FC08FE8A0954.jpeg

0B07C16F-2A27-4E89-9662-1D93AD3A9C4F.jpeg

Has anyone seen this amazing LEGO display up in the Crow’s Nest of the Oosterdam?  It has over 36,000 LEGO pieces!  Apparently built on the ship in April.  Hard to get decent close up photos because of the glare but it’s very impressive.  Click on the photos and see!

E14DBAD2-9708-4D66-AE48-ED57E184690F.jpeg

0B8D476E-9C43-429E-AC47-53F5C5FB3E49.jpeg

7D6B1345-BA7E-48C5-BC53-4CC7B0A45893.jpeg

53008C2E-EB25-4F7E-8321-E7E43E032701.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

HAL says it is going on Oosterdam currently; if you are able to check during your cruise would appreciate it.  Apparently kids club relocated to one conference room and most operating hours removed; kids 7 and older no club just arcade.  

There is a lengthy thread regarding this already as you are aware and involved in, so I would prefer not to be involved at this point during my vacation.  Hope you understand.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Tonight we have reservations at the Pinnacle again-hoping it’s not another 2 hour dinner 😳

Tell your waiter how long you wish to stay . They can and will significantly reduce the time IF you let them know . That's been my experience . 

Edited by richstowe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richstowe said:

Tell your waiter how long you wish to stay . They can and will significantly reduce the time IF you let them know . That's been my experience . 

We did mention to the Maitre de today at breakfast in the Pinnacle that we would be back tonight for supper.  We asked about the delay the night we were there saying we hoped it would be shorter tonight.  Sounds like it was a one off as I don’t recall it happening to us before.  (Our butts get sore sitting that long, lol)