Live from the Sky 12/4/2019 Common Thread

CruiseVA

Starting this a couple of day's early so I can get the link over to the Roll Call. Anyone & Everyone onboard should jump in & post, otherwise it's going to be a pretty quiet thread.

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

Starting this a couple of day's early so I can get the link over to the Roll Call. Anyone & Everyone onboard should jump in & post, otherwise it's going to be a pretty quiet thread.

Damn.....I was offered a free cabin for this sailing. If I knew you were going to be on it, I could have finally collected that free drink you owe me!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Damn.....I was offered a free cabin for this sailing. If I knew you were going to be on it, I could have finally collected that free drink you owe me!

You have gotten a free cabin & a free drink! Who's that there aren't any things free in life! 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john_galt said:

First time cruising with my new Samsung Tablet and phone. Maybe I can learn how to contribute! See you on the ship!

For some reason, I'm pretty confident that you'll figure it out 🙂 Samsung running Android, I assume?

This will be the first time I'll leave my MacBook home, and, only bring my Asus Android tablet. Just gonna use Chrome on it.  The last time I posted my pics to Google Drive from my phone, then downloaded them to my laptop to post. Seems goofy, but, I wanted them in the cloud & with MedallionNet speed was no issue.

2 hours ago, john_galt said:

First time cruising with my new Samsung Tablet and phone. Maybe I can learn how to contribute! See you on the ship!

I have both a Samsung tablet and phone, I should be able to give you a hand if you need

• Like 1

There's been a ton of photos of the Sky Suite but I haven't seen any of the Owners Suite. The only others on Royal class ships (the 879 sq ft version) are on the Majestic and I did find a few photos. Worst case scenario, I have my trusty camera and I'll load pics to Flickr upon our return. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

For some reason, I'm pretty confident that you'll figure it out 🙂 Samsung running Android, I assume?

This will be the first time I'll leave my MacBook home, and, only bring my Asus Android tablet. Just gonna use Chrome on it.  The last time I posted my pics to Google Drive from my phone, then downloaded them to my laptop to post. Seems goofy, but, I wanted them in the cloud & with MedallionNet speed was no issue.

At home I always use my Mac to log into Cruise Critic so I thought For this thread I would load the Cruise Critic app on my iPhone WRONG the app won’t work I  guess I will just log on through google or safari. 

Just now, dae66 said:

At home I always use my Mac to log into Cruise Critic so I thought For this thread I would load the Cruise Critic app on my iPhone WRONG the app won’t work I  guess I will just log on through google or safari. 

I found that out last night as well, it just kept saying failed. I finally read the reviews in the Play Store where everyone said the same thing. They need to yank that from the store.

Using Chrome on my phone worked like a charm.

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

I found that out last night as well, it just kept saying failed. I finally read the reviews in the Play Store where everyone said the same thing. They need to yank that from the store.

Using Chrome on my phone worked like a charm.

App no longer works. This started when they updated the website. For whatever reason, they decided to drop the app then