Ocean Medallion insert card size.

masterty

13 hours ago, masterty said:

They are the correct size. Print, cut and slide in medallion holder.  Also, I would be happy to create one for you. Simply post a link to an image and I will upload the finished file for you and others to use. 

I wonder if you would post the original file (in Draw, I think?).  We're bringing a group and I'd like to make everyone a custom insert with their name on it.  That's a bit more than I want to put on you but if I had the file I think I might be able to figure out on this end.  This is really good stuff.  Thanks so much!

13 hours ago, masterty said:

They are the correct size. Print, cut and slide in medallion holder.  Also, I would be happy to create one for you. Simply post a link to an image and I will upload the finished file for you and others to use. 

Masterty, this is the one I wanted to order from Princess, with $16 shipping to the port!  Please can I be cheeky and ask if you could make a generic (doesn’t need my name) Birthday insert. 

you are so kind, and I found the sizes but not very good with creating things. 

2ADFC976-D997-4A0D-BBE9-C8AC6F1EE86B.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

Masterty, this is the one I wanted to order from Princess, with $16 shipping to the port!  Please can I be cheeky and ask if you could make a generic (doesn’t need my name) Birthday insert. 

you are so kind, and I found the sizes but not very good with creating things. 

2ADFC976-D997-4A0D-BBE9-C8AC6F1EE86B.png

That's really cute (but definitely not worth $21). Shipping for a piece of paper?? Yikes!

I love all the inserts, very creative. Thank-you for the medallion diameter. If you could provide the thickness and whether the medallion is flat or domed I would appreciate it.

I ask because I do metal smithing and would like to make a setting for my medallion, perhaps on a cuff type bracelet. I’ve ordered my medallion, but think by the time I get it it I won’t have time.

2 hours ago, Cruise Crazy 62 said:

I love all the inserts, very creative. Thank-you for the medallion diameter. If you could provide the thickness and whether the medallion is flat or domed I would appreciate it.

I ask because I do metal smithing and would like to make a setting for my medallion, perhaps on a cuff type bracelet. I’ve ordered my medallion, but think by the time I get it it I won’t have time.

I don't have calipers to be precise, but I measured it several days ago at ~1 1/8 diameter and about 1/8" thick at edges.  It is domed on both sides.  Hopefully someone can give you a more precise indication.

If you want another option, there are some really nice leather holders for Airtags on SaddlebackLeather.com.  They are cases that you can put your Medallion in (they are very similar in size to Airtags that Apple makes to locate whatever you want).  They can then just go in your pocket because they are less likely to be lost in a case or they have leather straps you can get to attach the case to your belt.  For the ladies, they have some colored leather colors like blue and the cases come with clips that attach to a purse easily.  They do cost more than the round the neck options you are discussing here (and I plan to make a personalized background to use with the neck ribbon, so thanks so much for the templates!).  We decided that since we will have Medallions from here on for every cruise, it was worth the cost to have something that would last, and we like. (I do not work for them.  They just happen to be located in our area, and we love their leather goods.)

12 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

If you want another option, there are some really nice leather holders for Airtags on SaddlebackLeather.com.  They are cases that you can put your Medallion in (they are very similar in size to Airtags that Apple makes to locate whatever you want).  They can then just go in your pocket because they are less likely to be lost in a case or they have leather straps you can get to attach the case to your belt.  For the ladies, they have some colored leather colors like blue and the cases come with clips that attach to a purse easily.  They do cost more than the round the neck options you are discussing here (and I plan to make a personalized background to use with the neck ribbon, so thanks so much for the templates!).  We decided that since we will have Medallions from here on for every cruise, it was worth the cost to have something that would last, and we like. (I do not work for them.  They just happen to be located in our area, and we love their leather goods.)

Remember. If you put it in your pocket. Make sure you do not have any card with it that has a magnet reader strip. It will clean it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Remember. If you put it in your pocket. Make sure you do not have any card with it that has a magnet reader strip. It will clean it.

Really?  I had no idea!  Thanks!  I'm going to clip mine to a small shoulder bag I will have to carry in order to have my phone with me all the time now.  Normally I didn't ever carry a bag or phone, but times change, and unfortunately most of my tops and pants do not have pockets.

How thick can the insert be?  paper thin?  cardboard?  tagboard/posterboard?

Thinking of having my daughter do something with her cricket.  I'm not artistic at all.  Now, the problem begins....what design?

Thank you again.

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How thick can the insert be?  paper thin?  cardboard?  tagboard/posterboard?

Thinking of having my daughter do something with her cricket.  I'm not artistic at all.  Now, the problem begins....what design?

Thank you again.

Heavy bond paper?  Not cardboard.  Maybe poster.  

Wow!  Creative bunch of people here!  Steeler, love yours, but I must say, "Go Pack Go"! 😄

I'm still thinking about my lack of a smart phone, don't cruise until April so I have time but would like to have something creative for my coastal cruises! 

• Like 1

I have been looking to see if anyone made phone cases that hold them, but could not find any, so have just bought an Airtag adhesive mount.  If I have to carry my smart phone with me all the time, I may as well just attach my medallion to that. 

3 hours ago, davemorton said:

I have been looking to see if anyone made phone cases that hold them, but could not find any, so have just bought an Airtag adhesive mount.  If I have to carry my smart phone with me all the time, I may as well just attach my medallion to that. 

This looks nice: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094FPXR56/?coliid=I101T4U9775DH0&colid=39Y6W5D0ZXJX9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

More versatile than an adhesive mount.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, davemorton said:

Check to make sure a magnet will not mess up you iPhone.

• Like 1

The medallion has 4 magnets in it and are quite strong. That is what hold them in the pendant and also triggers the reader at the bar and other places.

Found this for information.

Magnets are unlikely to harm the iPhone because of the flash storage the phone uses, but it is best not to experiment with strong magnets on the device, which could void the warranty or AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Check to make sure a magnet will not mess up you iPhone.

57 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The medallion has 4 magnets in it and are quite strong. That is what hold them in the pendant and also triggers the reader at the bar and other places.

Found this for information.

Magnets are unlikely to harm the iPhone because of the flash storage the phone uses, but it is best not to experiment with strong magnets on the device, which could void the warranty or AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.

Thanks guys, oh well, it was only a few £ wasted. 

Nice job on those inserts folks and thanks to the OP for the measurements.  One question though, does the plastic case the inserts go into included with the OM or do you have to purchase them seperately?

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Nice job on those inserts folks and thanks to the OP for the measurements.  One question though, does the plastic case the inserts go into included with the OM or do you have to purchase them seperately?

Thanks 

They were the default free holders that came with medallions - along with a white lanyard imprinted with Princess name and logo. 

Not sure if they are using those going forward, but I have kept our last two at least.

CTGirl, I tried a paper trimmer, and also a straightedge along with a rotary cutter and an Xacto knife for the outside edges, but found scissors/shears worked better (for me).  A little bit of wavy-ness in the line won't show when the insert is in use.  For the center, I found a spool of the perfect diameter and used double-stick tape to keep it on center.  Then I placed the insert with spool on a rotary cutting board (could use sturdy cardboard, a magazine, whatever) and used the Xacto knife to go around the circle.  I found that the medallion covered some "sins" of cutting.

BTW, I tried regular printer paper and a thicker, almost cover-stock weight in our laser printer, and found that the regular paper took the color better and seems quite adequate for the job.  Two layers of the thicker paper would be hard to fit into the medallion holder.  I had fun designing about 20 inserts on Adobe InDesign this week!

Edited by QuilterGirl
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I make beaded chains for the medallion but haven't sailed on Princess for a few years. The holder that I have for the Medallion itself is much less attractive than the ones for the air tags that are so plentiful on Amazon now! I'm going to need to rework my design.

1632122994_medallionlanyard.JPG.57fe34b612fc86541041a3089a27aa76.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Are the Princess Medallions the exact same size as Apple AirTags?

Will those AirTag type little cases you can get on eBay fit the medallion? Would like to clip it on my lanyard without the plastic cover it comes with. 

Edited by CDaze71

13 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Will those AirTag type little cases you can get on eBay fit the medallion? Would like to clip it on my lanyard without the plastic cover it comes with. 

I'm not sure if they are exactly the same size, but they are definitely of similar size. I carried my medalion in an Air Tag holder. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

There have been a number of posts with the size listed. I'm too lazy to go looking for them but, according to others who have them, the Apple Air Tag holders fit the Medallion perfectly.

• Like 3