My minor children have a different muster station!

doctordi

13 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I have a similar situation with two cabins having one muster station and another having a different one. They are all side by side and at the end of a row. Very strange and doesn't really make much sense but I too have the same scenario and would like to know why this would be off by one digit.   

Ours are side by side also.

Thanks to all who have responded.  The kids ARE able to attend muster on their own. They've done it many times and know the process. Unfortunately the 16 and 17 yo are the more responsible ones,  but they will make sure the 19 yo gets there.  My concern is mainly for a real emergency and having my kids in a different lifeboat. 

I'll go ask at guest services once we are on board.  

10 minutes ago, doctordi said:

Thanks to all who have responded.  The kids ARE able to attend muster on their own. They've done it many times and know the process. Unfortunately the 16 and 17 yo are the more responsible ones,  but they will make sure the 19 yo gets there.  My concern is mainly for a real emergency and having my kids in a different lifeboat. 

I'll go ask at guest services once we are on board.  

Hear You!  In a REAL emergency we would want to be on the same lifeboat with our children.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Hear You!  In a REAL emergency we would want to be on the same lifeboat with our children.  

In a real emergency, you would be. None of Carnival’s training would be executed properly and everyone, including the employees, would be in a panic mode. Very little will go according to plan. Passengers don’t take the muster drill seriously anymore just as many ignore safety instructions when flying.

So if your muster is A4 & A5, this is REAL easy.  You are in the same room holding muster.  A3, A4, A5 on Dream class and A4 & A5 on Vista class are the main theatre.  the 4 & 5 are which floor you are assigned to for seating purposes during muster.

Don't worry about it.  If on Dream class you will be one row different in the balcony of the theatre.  If on Vista class you will be Main floor vs balcony.

2 hours ago, jas1178 said:

So if your muster is A4 & A5, this is REAL easy.  You are in the same room holding muster.  A3, A4, A5 on Dream class and A4 & A5 on Vista class are the main theatre.  the 4 & 5 are which floor you are assigned to for seating purposes during muster.

Don't worry about it.  If on Dream class you will be one row different in the balcony of the theatre.  If on Vista class you will be Main floor vs balcony.

I hope your information sets the OP's mind at ease.

4 hours ago, Cobrakev said:

My question is how are your minor children in their own room? Even if you booked it, they have to have an adult over 25 in the room. Yes, I know they will switch when they board.  

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older) traveling in the balcony stateroom with them. 
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer. 
  • Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, doctordi said:

This is the first time that I will be sailing with my teenagers (3 teens 19, 17, 16) in a separate but adjacent cabin. Our boarding passes indicate that we have different muster stations. Anyone have experience with this? They are responsible, and experienced cruisers (all platinums) but I would prefer that we all go together. My PVP said it would be fine for them to go with me,  but.... I would like some reassurance from someone who has experienced this.

they scan everyone's card so I guess it would be fine... but with 19, 17, 16 in the room my question is I'm pretty sure there has to be a 21+, so I'm assuming it's you or your husband/spouse/partner so they would go in one direction and you in the other. 

3 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

they scan everyone's card so I guess it would be fine... but with 19, 17, 16 in the room my question is I'm pretty sure there has to be a 21+, so I'm assuming it's you or your husband/spouse/partner so they would go in one direction and you in the other. 

@xitappers2bx see post #37🙂

I've tried to get seperate cabins when we have cruised before, but have always been told that I couldn't do that without a person over 24yo in the cabin. This time there was no problem. Maybe it was because I used a PVP this time. I don't know how that worked, but I did ask the PVP about the age requirement, and she said that there was no problem. 

I think the answer is that we will all go to our assigned muster stations during the drill, and then I will go to guest services and see if my husband and my oldest can switch places on the muster list. That way if there really is an emergency, there will be a parent with all the children. This wouldn't affect the number of people in the muster station. It would just be a switch of names.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:27 PM, xDisconnections said:

In a real emergency, you would be. None of Carnival’s training would be executed properly and everyone, including the employees, would be in a panic mode. Very little will go according to plan. Passengers don’t take the muster drill seriously anymore just as many ignore safety instructions when flying.

And you would be calm and reassuring? I bet not!

On 12/6/2019 at 12:27 AM, xDisconnections said:

28 minutes ago, wanman said:

And you would be calm and reassuring? I bet not!

Although I’ve been in some real emergency situations and have remained calm, I’m unable to predict what would happen during a scenario on a cruise ship involving the muster as every situation is on a case-by-case basis. My original comment indicated that everyone onboard, including the employees, would be in a panic mode. This includes myself.

11 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Although I’ve been in some real emergency situations and have remained calm, I’m unable to predict what would happen during a scenario on a cruise ship involving the muster as every situation is on a case-by-case basis. My original comment indicated that everyone onboard, including the employees, would be in a panic mode. This includes myself.

To state that everyone onboard would be in a panic is a bit dramatic. I have also been in real emergencies and have witnessed some people wringing their hands while others take over. Yes, some of the “trained” crew do forget their training at times but “everyone” or even the majority do not.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:30 AM, jas1178 said:

This was super helpful! Thank you very much for taking the time. Much appreciated! 

8 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Please speak for yourself.  I have been in emergency situations on ships, both cargo and passenger, and I have not been in "panic mode", and I was the on-scene commander for emergencies on the cruise ship I worked.  Every member of the emergency teams performed very well in actual emergencies, so your blanket dismissal of crew performance is incorrect and demeaning to the crew who train to save your skin, and get paid exactly nothing extra for doing it.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Please speak for yourself.  I have been in emergency situations on ships, both cargo and passenger, and I have not been in "panic mode", and I was the on-scene commander for emergencies on the cruise ship I worked.  Every member of the emergency teams performed very well in actual emergencies, so your blanket dismissal of crew performance is incorrect and demeaning to the crew who train to save your skin, and get paid exactly nothing extra for doing it.

You are correct. My apologies.

A better phrase would be most passengers and some employees.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, chengkp75 said:

Appreciate your insight and experience on everything you bring to this community.  Your response was what i would hope based upon the regular drills and training provided all sailers do weekly.