How to get to 17th St. Fisheries from Renaissance

elaineb

It’s 15th Street Fisheries, not 17th Street (the Renaissance is actually on 17th Street).

it will be easiest and fastest to take an Uber, Lyft, or taxi. While it is a safe walk, it’s pretty far (and you end up pretty much across the canal from the Renaissance- it’s too bad we can’t walk on water!)

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

Hi All!  Is this walkable or will we need to Uber or water taxi?  Never been to Ft. Lauderdale before, so all this is new to us!

As has been pointed out it is the 15 St. Fisheries. I took the water taxi from the 17th St stop. I walked back after dinner to the Renaissance. It was a moderate walk. Walking depends on how much you like to walk. 

Edited by Charles4515

13 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

it’s actually 2 full blocks (17th to 15th) on Cordova Road. You will pass Kelly’s Landing (seafood restaurant) and  Southport Raw Bar on your right. 15th Street is mostly residential with apartment buildings. The Fisheries is at the end of 15th Street.

9 hours ago, FOPMan said:

it’s actually 2 full blocks (17th to 15th) on Cordova Road. You will pass Kelly’s Landing (seafood restaurant) and  Southport Raw Bar on your right. 15th Street is mostly residential with apartment buildings. The Fisheries is at the end of 15th Street.

If you want to be technical, when you walk out of the Renaissance walk N.to 16th street. 1/2 block.

16 hours ago, FOPMan said:

15th Street is mostly residential with apartment buildings. The Fisheries is at the end of 15th Street.

Correct, with limited parking I discovered when I patronized the restaurant a few years ago.  Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort to dine at this establishment.  There are better ones in Fort Lauderdale.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Correct, with limited parking I discovered when I patronized the restaurant a few years ago.  Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort to dine at this establishment.  There are better ones in Fort Lauderdale.  

I agree that it is overrated. I would go to Southport Raw Bar or Kelly’s Landing before  I would go to 15 St Fisheries but OP did not ask that. Also practically next door  to where the Renaissance there is Boatyard. Just as good as 15th St. Fisheries. 

On 12/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, Charles4515 said:

I agree that it is overrated. I would go to Southport Raw Bar or Kelly’s Landing before  I would go to 15 St Fisheries but OP did not ask that. Also practically next door  to where the Renaissance there is Boatyard. Just as good as 15th St. Fisheries. 

On 12/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Boatyard would be our choice also. 

9 hours ago, ryndam said:

We also agree about Boatyard.

http://boatyard.restaurant/

Thanks for reminding me about Boatyard.  It has been a very long time since I dined there.  I enjoyed my dining experience.  Looking at their web site this evening, the restaurant surely looks quite different from what I recall.  And, there was free parking available--at least when I dined there.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for reminding me about Boatyard.  It has been a very long time since I dined there.  I enjoyed my dining experience.  Looking at their web site this evening, the restaurant surely looks quite different from what I recall.  And, there was free parking available--at least when I dined there.

The restaurant changed ownership/management a few years ago and changed their name from The Boatyard to Boatyard, did a major renovation, and introduced a new menu.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:57 AM, FOPMan said:

Actually,  it's condos.  The apartment building is on the Corner of Cordova and 15th called the Cordova Arms.  Technically there is a hostel at the end of the street on Cordova but it is mostly yachties between cruises.

I would walk behind the shopping center.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.  The Boatyard looks wonderful, however, I was thinking of something less pricey like the downstairs at 15th Street Fisheries.  We have amazing seafood restaurants here in Rhode Island, so I don't need to do upscale and I didn't want to drop $100 on our first night out.  However, Kelly's Landing also looks like an interesting choice.  Home away from home, lol.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and walked to 15th Street Fisheries, it's a little over a mile walk each way.  We had sidewalk part of the time and shoulder of the road the rest of the time.  We are mid 60's in fairly good shape, it was a long hot walk, not many places to rest along the way.  We ate downstairs and the had a few drinks and appetizers for the meal.  The food and drinks were good and would consider going back.  If you eat outside you can see and feed the fish.  I might reconsider uber the next time but the walk wasn't really that bad but it was hot in April and we needed a drink by the time we got back to the hotel.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:51 AM, elaineb said:

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.  The Boatyard looks wonderful, however, I was thinking of something less pricey like the downstairs at 15th Street Fisheries.  We have amazing seafood restaurants here in Rhode Island, so I don't need to do upscale and I didn't want to drop $100 on our first night out.  However, Kelly's Landing also looks like an interesting choice.  Home away from home, lol.

You can't go wrong at Kelly's.  Good food and service at reasonable prices.

Edited by bouhunter

On 12/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, elaineb said:

Just so you know, you are NOT going to seafood in Fl. as your used to in Rhode Island.  We moved to Fl from Conn. and  miss the seafood from up north so much.  I only will eat Salmon here. There are no northern fish here that is fresh, not frozen.  Don't waste your time and money eating seafood in Florida!  I so miss restaurants from up north.  Two years ago we took a New England, Canada cruise just so I could have lobster every day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rucruisn2 said:

Just so you know, you are NOT going to seafood in Fl. as your used to in Rhode Island.  We moved to Fl from Conn. and  miss the seafood from up north so much.  I only will eat Salmon here. There are no northern fish here that is fresh, not frozen.  Don't waste your time and money eating seafood in Florida!  I so miss restaurants from up north.  Two years ago we took a New England, Canada cruise just so I could have lobster every day.

Well, I do like snapper and grouper which are local to Florida.  I agree on the rest of it, however!