A quick note from Marina in Brazil!

clo

1 minute ago, schmerl said:

HA! You obviously are not familiar with my culinary skills. 🙂

I say if you can read you can cook. I learned to make pasta with a great cookbook and a great online site. (I'm a recipe follower.)

1 hour ago, clo said:

Thanks, buddy. Making myself hungry already.  Insane as it sounds we're on kinda/sorta day 4 and haven't eaten in the GDR yet! Tonight for more lobster!

I warned you about the Terrace vs MDR 😀

Edited by Paulchili

45 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I warned you about the Terrace vs MDR 😀

THAT YOU DID! And I'm real happy that you did. And post-Terrace at lunch today we walked through Waves. As much as we rarely/never return to a ship for lunch that "surf and turf" is calling our names. Heck, a guy had the most gorgeous freaking HOT DOG with fried onions on it.  One of the reasons we stopped cruising was the LCD (lowest common denominator) factor of the food unless paying for specialty restaurants. We're both quite happy. Obrigada/thank you.

10 minutes ago, clo said:

THAT YOU DID! And I'm real happy that you did. And post-Terrace at lunch today we walked through Waves. As much as we rarely/never return to a ship for lunch that "surf and turf" is calling our names. Heck, a guy had the most gorgeous freaking HOT DOG with fried onions on it.  One of the reasons we stopped cruising was the LCD (lowest common denominator) factor of the food unless paying for specialty restaurants. We're both quite happy. Obrigada/thank you.

De nada.

FWIW, there are variations of that surf & turf that you could ask for. For example, you could ask for double surf/no turf, etc, etc.

Also, you could add the fried onions to any order - they are very flexible and accommodating.

Edited by Paulchili

2 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

De nada.

FWIW, there are variations of that surf & turf that you could ask for. For example, you could ask for double surf/no turf, etc, etc.

Ooh, now there's a thought. We are practicing carnivores but we have great local beef and lamb. Maybe save (more) beef for Polo tomorrow. OT (kinda/sorta/not really) any venue have regular seared foie gras (probably my absolute fave food)? 

Cath

15 minutes ago, clo said:

Double surf and turf, no bun, no fries is a great first meal on embarkation day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Double surf and turf, no bun, no fries is a great first meal on embarkation day. 

She-gawd in non-heaven, you are officially my next husband...or wife...or whatever. LOL.

9 minutes ago, clo said:

OT (kinda/sorta/not really) any venue have regular seared foie gras (probably my absolute fave food)? 

Only Jacques has it on their menu - as both cold and hot appetizers (terrine & sautéed).

You can have both.

MDR might have it occasionally.

Back to cooking ... I'm a bread baker, also a cake baker with occasional pies thrown into the mix.  (I don't have confidence in pie crust so ...)  ANYWAY, while I have no fear of brioche, I know croissants are beyond me!

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

The Boss Lady for 38 years would challenge you to a duel at dawn. 

To determine what/who defines winner/loser? I've been married to Bob twice for over 30 years.

A complaint.(I'm generally quick to praise and slow to criticize so....)

The in-cabin tv has a channel with dining menus. The GDR did say "subject to change" but the next screen said "tonight's menu" and "preview." Not "sample." Just to make absolutely sure I was correct I actually looked up the definition of "preview."

Definition of preview. (Entry 1 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to see beforehand specifically : to view or to show in advance of public presentation. 2 : to give a preliminary survey of.

Preview | Definition of Preview by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › preview

So we went to the MDR and the menu bore little resemblance to what we had viewed and made our decision on. When queried they told us that we have to check the menu in the hallway leading to the MDR, after lunch. Okay, fine, but why have tv info if it's going to be really off. So we left and went to the Terrace where we had cooked to order lobster tails, shrimp and Bob had a couple of lamb chops also. Cooked perfectly.  I'm honestly beginning to wonder if we'll eat there at all. I know other ship's buffet sometimes don't have great ambiance, crowded, hard to find two-tops, etc. but the Marina isn't like that at all. Just an fyi.

IMG_7074 - Edited (1).jpg

Edited by clo

We had the same menu on the tv for 3 days in a row. Totally different from what they actually were serving. Mentioned it to the waiter. He knewcsll about it.  Should have gotten up and left but we were with another couple. I really wanted that venison. Had a pretty bad beef wellington

3 hours ago, clo said:

The in-cabin tv has a channel with dining menus.

So we went to the MDR and the menu bore little resemblance to what we had viewed and made our decision on. When queried they told us that we have to check the menu in the hallway leading to the MDR, after lunch. Okay, fine, but why have tv info if it's going to be really off. 

If you haven't yet completed your mid-cruise review - this sort of issue is generally addressed very quickly with that because it's probably a pretty simple fix. 

(And besides - we join the Marina on the 19th so would prefer it fixed by then!    LOL)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HilsTas said:

If you haven't yet completed your mid-cruise review - this sort of issue is generally addressed very quickly with that because it's probably a pretty simple fix. 

(And besides - we join the Marina on the 19th so would prefer it fixed by then!    LOL)

LOL back atcha 🙂 And I definitely will. Have a great time.