No more luggage delivered to cabins on Royal?

denamo

3 minutes ago, iuki said:

BTW:  Just a rhetoric statement - was surprised to discover RCCL charges $2.50 for a small box of popcorn.  Cookies are more expensive than popcorn to make, yet cookies are provided for free.  Go figure.  🤨🧐🤔

Plus the 18%  gratuities 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iuki said:

BTW:  Just a rhetoric statement - was surprised to discover RCCL charges $2.50 for a small box of popcorn.  Cookies are more expensive than popcorn to make, yet cookies are provided for free.  Go figure.  🤨🧐🤔

We are off track for a luggage discussion, but $2:50 for popcorn, but as many lobster tails as you want for free. 

m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iuki said:

Plus it is a small bag,   2.50 plus gratuity!   I was peckish at a show and needed a popcorn, my friend ate half and I had to order another🙄.  First world problems I guess, but jeez Louise provide a slightly larger bag.😲

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobal said:

Really?? So how do you account for the fact that we cruised on 3 different ships in Sept, Oct and Nov and every time the bags were left somewhere in the corridor on which our cabin was located, but never delivered to outside the cabin. Not a big deal as happy to grab them but some people were very confused as their bags were placed a long way from their cabins.

When you get to your cabin and find your luggage down the hall, they're not done delivering it yet. Rest assured, it will get delivered to your door in due time. Sometimes it takes a while. You just got to your cabin while they were still in the process.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, denamo said:

The last three cruises we've been on, luggage has just been lined up in the hallway.  Cruisers have had to go and hunt down their luggage.  The first time this happened just thought maybe they were short on staff or running behind.  However, seeing this on two subsequent cruises, just wondered if this is the "new normal"?

Happen on all my Royal Cruises. But if you have a cabin right outside the Crew Lift where they bring the luggage up, you will find your luggage outside your cabin. There were times when i couldn't find the bags, and right after muster drill when returning to the cabin, the luggage was right outside our door. 

Now I wonder if you paid for the Key, will the Luggage be right in the room or if is still still lying somewhere in the hallway?

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t recall ever having luggage delivered INSIDE our cabin. Been about 50/50 if outside door or in the hallway. 

Only had it delivered in room when we we stay in Lofts on Deck 17. Seems more personal with two state room attendants 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve seen it where it has been left in the hall and whether intentional or not it was not started to be delivered to the cabins until late in the afternoon.  By that time many guests had already retrieved their own luggage making less work for those delivering the luggage. 

That's been our experience. If we see our luggage we grab it, but we don't go hunting it down, and around muster/dinner time is when they did the actual "delivery" straight to the rooms.

30 minutes ago, iuki said:

Could be because of the mess popcorn makes. I have two brothers who work in a movie theater and they both hate popcorn with a passion because it's by far the biggest mess maker

• Like 3

We were just on Harmony in November. Our luggage was near our cabin. Not in front of the door, but there. Like mentioned above. Maybe you just happened to catch your luggage in a "staging area" and it just hadn't made it to your cabin yet.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Actually, the rare times luggage is inside the cabin we generally remark to each other “wow-what a nice treat“.  Can you imagine leaving your luggage with a porter at a hotel, and having it show up somewhere in the hallway! No one would ever stand for that. Personally I think it’s somewhat of a disgrace that luggage is not delivered inside the state room, or even at the the state room door. The fact that it is just somewhere in the hallway is terrible

M

On a ship where it is standard procedure to put your bag in the hallway the last night of the cruise?  Cruises are different from hotels.  Just seems a bit of tempest in a teapot to me.

jc

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Only had it delivered in room when we we stay in Lofts on Deck 17. Seems more personal with two state room attendants 

Yes the loft attendants are pretty good about that and also opening the door for us if they see us returning. Having two attendants dedicated to suites seems to make a difference.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisegus said:

The second phase of luggage delivery falls to the cabin attendant.  These crew have been busy since early morning cleaning cabins so they will often take a break, grab a meal, get ready for muster duties such as ensuring all cabins are clear.  

We talked to the crew about this and you are correct, but for many of them it is an actual split shift, not an ordinary break. Our stateroom attendant's ended at noon and began again at 3:30 when she immediately had to do the muster. The attendant down the hall worked straight through, off at 6. Ours was off at 8 or so.

I told a number of people I saw on our floor where their suitcases were, and even delivered a couple that were blocking the hall. (Old luggage cop me--many years in dorms, I guess.) We saw ours at the bottom of a luggage cart in a crew area (NOT entering there!) until dinner, when we came back and they were outside our door.

On our last cruise, while looking for my luggage, I noticed a bag from a completely different Deck outside out cabin.  I pointed this out to the people delivering bags.  Hopefully someone got their bag a little earlier than they would have if it would have sat on the wrong deck.

I guess I don't care if it's delivered, because if I see it I'm grabbing it.  On our October Anthem cruise saw some luggage in

the hall so kept walking and found ours.  This was before muster drill.  Liked being all unpacked before muster drill

and sailaway so can just enjoy the rest of the boarding day without going back to cabin several times to see if

luggage delivered.  😀

In the last 4 years we cruised on

Allure , Anthem 4 times, Grandeur 2 times, Adventure 2 times, Freedom.

and every time luggage was delivered to our stateroom except for Grandeur. Some earlier, some later.

For Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem luggage was waiting for us as we arrived around 11 am.

On one occasion on Grandeur it did not arrive longer than expected and my husband had to retrieve it.

1 hour ago, WaveSplasher said:

Now I wonder if you paid for the Key, will the Luggage be right in the room or if is still still lying somewhere in the hallway?

Never used the Key. Is there any markings on luggage tags to identify the Key??  
Otherwise they’d have no way of knowing.  

Happened on the Jewel in October too.

It was no real drama as it was only early afternoon and I work on the basis of, the quicker you get unpacked the quicker you can get your cruise started!

I guess if the elderly or someone with mobility issues found this to be an issue, I'm 100% certain their steward would sort it for them.

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Yes the loft attendants are pretty good about that and also opening the door for us if they see us returning. Having two attendants dedicated to suites seems to make a difference.

We were in Crown Loft # 1746 on the Allure last week. Luggage was left outside our cabin door. The 8 previous sailing in a Crown Loft this year, the luggage was placed inside our cabin.

4 hours ago, ssb said:

If you have a good room attendant they will put bags in your room , that is If you are patient . Life takes time,  be patient . Attitude can be the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. 

This ^^^^^^^^

Just because your bags are down the hall does not mean they will not be delivered to your cabin door, later.

• Thanks 1