Itinerary Changed with No explanation

RumpunchGirl

7 hours ago, JandPB said:

We're on the 4/10/2021 8 day on the Breeze and haven't seen a change for that. We booked it to be able to go to Bonaire. It's a great itinerary. 

We booked that cruise back in February.  Originally it had us in Bonaire from 8am to 4pm and Aruba from 9am to 11pm.  A month later they switched the hours for these two ports and we received an email about the change.  So now we're in Bonaire from 9am to 11pm and Aruba from 8am to 4pm.

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

kind of why I asked how they booked.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Very busy weekend. We booked through Delta Cruises for the 1st time.  Thought we get extra points added to our Skymiles account.  I thought about contacting Delta but I really don't mind the new itinerary. This cruise is still more than a year out and could change again. I still haven't heard from Carnival or Delta Cruises. 

On 12/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, Retired_to_Cruise said:

I am surprised you have never read Section 7, Item (d) of the Carnival Ticket Contract since you have sailed with Carnival for 20 years. It clearly defines the situation you have been talking about, and you had to agree to it during your cruise booking process.

I have read all the cruise contracts I've had.  I'm not upset or mad about the change, just surprised I wan't notified by anyone about the it. But, thanks for you comment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coscab said:

We love St Lucia so I would be very disappointed, probably would have booked it just for St Lucia.  On the other hand we love Dominica, Scotts Head is our favorite snorkel spot so would be happy about that. 

I understand the contract states everything clearly but it would be nice if people were contacted about changes as soon as possible even though they could change again and again, at least you would have an idea if you might get to do some things that you had your heart set on doing on certain islands.  Just my 2 cents.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Last January we spent a week on St. Lucia at a Sandals resort. It is a beautiful place. We did explore the island quite a bit so I'm not really to disappointed about missing that port. The cruise will be great because, well, it's a CRUISE! Thanks for your 2 cent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Djptcp said:

Interesting they would still go to Dominica as it was in the news last week that the government closed the port to cruise ships due to unrest in the island.

I hadn't hear about this. I will have to do some research. Thanks for the info.

58 minutes ago, RumpunchGirl said:

We've been to St Maarten before but it was many years ago.  We only went to a beach on that visit.  Maybe I'll bet back there someday.

Hope the issues on the French side calm down soon or no one will be going back. Love St. Maarten. 😔

6 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Hope the issues on the French side calm down soon or no one will be going back. Love St. Maarten. 😔

Issues could be many things. Are you referring to the last hurricane damage that the French side had and lack of restoring???

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Issues could be many things. Are you referring to the last hurricane damage that the French side had and lack of restoring???

I think Megan was referring to the riots there over the past week or so:

"Tourists cautioned as protests subside in Saint Martin"

"Due to the unrest over the past two days, the Anguilla and Sea Ports Authority today issued a statement to travellers about the temporary closure of Marigot Port in St Martin."

http://www.looptt.com/content/tourists-cautioned-protests-subside-saint-martin

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Very busy weekend. We booked through Delta Cruises for the 1st time.  Thought we get extra points added to our Skymiles account.  I thought about contacting Delta but I really don't mind the new itinerary. This cruise is still more than a year out and could change again. I still haven't heard from Carnival or Delta Cruises. 

If you booked through Delta then they became your travel agent. Most likely they were notified. It would have been their responsibility to notify you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Essentially! This weekend French protestors held “rallies”, lit cars on fire and barricaded the roads. A tourism warning has been issued by the State Dept and officials are telling tourists to stay on the Dutch side for the time being. 

12 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I think Megan was referring to the riots there over the past week or so:

"Tourists cautioned as protests subside in Saint Martin"

"Due to the unrest over the past two days, the Anguilla and Sea Ports Authority today issued a statement to travellers about the temporary closure of Marigot Port in St Martin."

http://www.looptt.com/content/tourists-cautioned-protests-subside-saint-martin

Thanks hadn’t heard about that!

The notices will come from your Travel Agent if you booked through one, your PVP if you booked that way, or straight to you from Carnival if you booked through the webpage. I am not sure how it would be if you got it through Costco or Expidea.

I know this because I am a TA and get the notices when it happens and it says to let our client know. And yes, you will get one each time they change the port, order of ports, or time in ports.

If you did not get the notice from your PCP/TA then I would call and ask them about it.

After talking to Delta Cruises and Carnival I see how this is just a miscommunication. I have been sent new documentation on the itinerary.  Delta's position is that they are NOT a travel agency and the person who help us book this cruise is NOT our travel agent. So I will continue to monitor Carnival's site for price drops or itinerary changes. One thing is for sure, I will be on a cruise January 2021!

1 hour ago, RumpunchGirl said:

After talking to Delta Cruises and Carnival I see how this is just a miscommunication. I have been sent new documentation on the itinerary.  Delta's position is that they are NOT a travel agency and the person who help us book this cruise is NOT our travel agent. So I will continue to monitor Carnival's site for price drops or itinerary changes. One thing is for sure, I will be on a cruise January 2021!

so does that mean that if you have a problem you can call the cruise line directly and they will help you ?

7 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

That is so odd.  We booked a Virgin Voyages cruise for August 2020 which was originally scheduled to go to Havana and when all that changed, Delta cruises was very prompt on notifying us of the change.  

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

so does that mean that if you have a problem you can call the cruise line directly and they will help you ?

if you booked with a travel agent or any other company outside of carnival, any questions or problems will need to be directed to to that company/travel agent

if you book directly with carnival by booking online, calling carnival 1800 number or a pvp then you can call the cruise line for any problems

On 12/13/2019 at 10:51 PM, RumpunchGirl said:

Originally it was sail from San Juan to St.Thomas, St. Maarten, St.Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, day at sea, and back to San Juan. Now its sail from San Juan to St. Thomas, Tortola, Antiqua, Dominica, Barbados, day at sea and back to San Juan. I don't really mind the 3 new ports. I'm just baffled at the lack of communication about the change.

On a positive note , I really like your new itinerary as I’ve cruised a lot but never been to several of those ports

On 12/15/2019 at 9:02 PM, RumpunchGirl said:

I have read all the cruise contracts I've had.  I'm not upset or mad about the change, just surprised I wan't notified by anyone about the it. But, thanks for you comment.

Delta Cruises is responsible for keeping you up to speed. You have booked through them, not Carnival. They are your travel agent for the cruise. 

On 12/13/2019 at 10:13 PM, RumpunchGirl said:

I booked my cruise out of San Juan, Puerto  Rico back in June for January 2021. The I frequently check my booking to see if any excursions have been added of if the price has dropped. Today when I checked, 3 of the ports had been changed.  I was so surprised that was no email or info sent letting me know of the change. Is that typical? What if I don't like the new ports? I've never had this happen in the 20 years I've sail with Carnival. 

I have had it happen before, they do not typically send an email. They just do it. 

7 hours ago, shof515 said:

if you booked with a travel agent or any other company outside of carnival, any questions or problems will need to be directed to to that company/travel agent

if you book directly with carnival by booking online, calling carnival 1800 number or a pvp then you can call the cruise line for any problems

sounds like quite the conundrum with nobody wanting to take ownership of the booking.