Sunbed Hogs

nigelc

When will Oceana start enforcing their policy and deal with these sunbed hogs. Just off a 16 day trip and I have never encountered such selfish people. As you can see from the picture, it has just gone 8-15am on Sirena and there is only one sunbed in the shade left - not what you expect from such a cruise line.

Sun Beds.jpg

Edited by nigelc
text change
  • Like 1

I just ask the pool deck staff to remove the articles  after 45 mins if no one appears

The lounge hogs are everywhere

On Crystal they have the nesters ...they are out early & make their nests with 5-6 towels or more  then go off to do whatever

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Just pick out the one you want and throw their stuff in the pool. 🐷

trash even  better......what stuff.... I haven't seen any stuff...      Eventually they either run out of stuff to leave or get the message.    Such are the risks the entitled crowd run into.

• Like 1

Funny, People keep talking about all these we’ll traveled and sophistication cruisers on O! Is courteous mutually exclusive from  those two? How about those that personally choose to ignore the dress codes? Is that mutually exclusive from sophisticated also?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Funny, People keep talking about all these we’ll traveled and sophistication cruisers on O! Is courteous mutually exclusive from  those two? How about those that personally choose to ignore the dress codes? Is that mutually exclusive from sophisticated also?

Pinotlover, I would urge you to revisit the Mr. Belvedere film starring Clifton Webb.

You are getting dangerously close to becoming the Richard Haydn character.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Pinotlover, I would urge you to revisit the Mr. Belvedere film starring Clifton Webb.

Did you not just recently accused me of dating myself? 😀

12 hours ago, Mura said:

not that I'm a sunlover since we have NEVER tried to sit around the pool on a cruise.

Well, according to OP, it was all the loungers in the SHADE which had been "claimed", so apparently no one is a sunlover.....

Several years back, CC set up special sessions with the cruise line senior executives answering cruiser’s questions. I believe FDR participated. It would be great to ask him or Bender why Oceania is apparently no longer enforcing their dress code.

57 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Several years back, CC set up special sessions with the cruise line senior executives answering cruiser’s questions. I believe FDR participated. It would be great to ask him or Bender why Oceania is apparently no longer enforcing their dress code.

My plan is to write senior management and present facts. 

23 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Okay, you made me look.

There are two Mr. Belvedere films starring Clifton Webb, according to IMDb and Wikipedia.  Richard Haydn isn't in either of them, and neither film is included in his bio.  Some other character, maybe?

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Maybe the execs didn't like the questions 😗

But seriously, the management needs to decide whether it wants the have the cake or eat it.  It can't have it both ways: setting up an expectation without following through is sign of insincerity.  Those flaunting the expectations will only grow in numbers if the expectations are not honored .

Just now, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

By the time I lay all over their stuff and they come back it's a moot point.  "Oh I didn't see that and nobody was around, so sorry"  

I hope you do that before your shower after a sweaty session in the gym 😁

4 hours ago, DrHemlock said:

Okay, you made me look.

There are two Mr. Belvedere films starring Clifton Webb, according to IMDb and Wikipedia.  Richard Haydn isn't in either of them, and neither film is included in his bio.  Some other character, maybe?

The title in question is  "Sitting Pretty" which was the original film featuring the character of  Lynne Belvedere.

Robert Young and Maureen O'Hara were the nominal stars as the Belvedere character had not yet taken off.

Mr Webb stole the entire film and was nominated for an Oscar, Haydn was his comic foil.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040795/

sitting-pretty-clifton-webb.jpg

5 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I have just done that..

Jancruz1

The bigger issue is a lot of displeasure at the service in the GDR. A lot. A number of people, including ourselves, walked out and didn't return. Even a (non-dining) staff member has issues with it. More later.

5 hours ago, clo said:

The bigger issue is a lot of displeasure at the service in the GDR. A lot. A number of people, including ourselves, walked out and didn't return. Even a (non-dining) staff member has issues with it. More later.

5 hours ago, clo said:

It will be interesting to hear those service issues.