Ft Lauderdale - sailing out of & returning to different terminals

metairiegal

We are sailing on the Island Princess (tomorrow!) and we will be sailing out of terminal 21 but when we return we will be at terminal 2. 

We will be leaving our car in the garage at the port.

When we return, what is the best way to get back to our car at the other terminal?  Taxi?  Or, will Princess provide a shuttle??

Any info would be appreciated.

consider the park n go off eller drive at the port

also, I would leave our car at the garage at port 2 after dropping off bags, family at 21, then taxi, uber, shuttle back to 21

that way your car is at 2 after the cruise and no hassle then

Have done this exact same thing before.  Sailed out of terminal 21 and returned to terminal 2.  Drove to port and went to terminal 21 to drop off bags and wife.  Took car back to terminal 2 and parked.  Caught cab ($10.00) back to terminal 21 and got in line with wife.  After cruise, car was right there waiting for us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, metairiegal said:

Thanks for all your replies! Good suggestions!

Think we'll do just that. Park at the return terminal tomorrow & uber/cab over to the ship so the car will be waiting for us at the right terminal when we return.

Check for the garage shuttle.

If it's running, it is free.  It is dispatched from near the cabs at terminal 2.

WHen I have used it, it has been uncrowded, and left every 10 minutes or so.

Did Royal Princess back in January and sailed out of Terminal 21 and disembarked in terminal 2.  There was a complimentary shuttle that took us back to Terminal 21.  Wasn't too bad of an experience.  It did add a little extra time before a 10 hour trip back to SC.

12 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Has anyone used the complimentary garage shuttle to get to another terminal for another sailing on a different cruise line?  Princess to Holland America.

The shuttle is run by the port.  It goes between the noth port garage and mid-port garage.

It doesn't matter which ship / cruise line.

To answer the original question, One of the debarkation options was 'passengers taking the shuttle from Terminal 21 back to terminal 2'  I got off the ship and took the Princess transfer to FLL.  Interesting there was noone asking to see vouchers, etc. (I had none).  I'm thinking I could have just got on the transfer bus without any reservation or paying.  EM

One reason to use off site parking. Never need to worry about that at all. In Fort Lauderdale we always use. Park N Go. If you do and you are a vet. Do not pay for the parking on line. You get a real good discount when you pay at the lot. Make sure you take proof. Using them for many years now. Super nice drivers.

This has happened to us a few times but luckily we had driven to the port and used offsite parking.  Love Park N Go.  Also it has happened to us when we flew to FLL and that of course was not a problem either since all we needed was a taxi ride to the airport.