Holland America Gives Crew Members Free Messaging So They Can Talk to Their Families

DFWGUYZ

Thank you for the link!  As despondent as I have become with HAL it is nice to see them caring for the outstanding crew they have! I sail because of the wonderful crew as well as itineraries. This really helps those families especially at the holidays and being away from home for the 8-10 months.

Denise😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ski ww said:

That is really nice of HAL, I'm sure there are not many free perks that the crew get, but that is one that they really appreciate. 

Two table stewards told me this autum that HAL is the best for the crew in case of serious problems in the family. No other cruise company would allow them to fly home immediately for a few weeks (they mentioned dead of one's mother). It gave me a happy feeling.

• Like 1

Many thanks for posting the link, DFWGUYZ! 

This is wonderful news for HAL's crew members that also makes DW and I feel happy for everyone working their contracts.

It's a welcome plus for the cruiseline to be the first to take this step. Well done, HAL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is such a beautiful  gesture & one that is truly warranted. The crew work so very hard to take care of us & ensure we have a wonderful cruise. Being away from their families for such long periods , especially during the holidays , birthdays , graduations,etc., is extremely difficult. Now they don’t have to spend their hard earned money to stay in touch whenever they can.   HATS OFF TO ORLANDO ASHFORD!! Let’s hope this will inspire some of the other cruise lines to follow!!! 

Happy Holidays & Happy Cruising to all!

97 days till our 2nd cruise on the Nieuw Statendam!