Why can Royal spend much o millions on A Perfect day at Coco Cay, but still use blenders to do Frozen drinks?

cruzin76

I work at a High school that has students filling ice machines with all flavors of frozen ices.  We pay a dollar for a Pina Colada. mango or the flavor the students want. It takes less then 15 seconds to pay and get this drink. Why are they still using blenders when there are cheaper and more efficient processes?

11 minutes ago, cruzin76 said:

I work at a High school that has students filling ice machines with all flavors of frozen ices.  We pay a dollar for a Pina Colada. mango or the flavor the students want. It takes less then 15 seconds to pay and get this drink. Why are they still using blenders when there are cheaper and more efficient processes?

Ask here: mbayley@rccl.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

McDonald's ice cream machine is always busted..I would imagine the frozen drink machines would be a pain to maintain and clean.

Royal Caribbean has  no problem doing the ice creme machine on  cruises I been on.

1 minute ago, cruzin76 said:

If all the convenience stores can do it and make a profit on a $1,50 slushy why cant Royal add a shot of rum and get us a drink in a decent time.

So you’re saying they should make the frozen drinks even worse? I had actually thought the Island Oasis frozen mixes were the bottom of the barrel, but your idea has brought us to a new low. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

So you’re saying they should make the frozen drinks even worse? I had actually thought the Island Oasis frozen mixes were the bottom of the barrel, but your idea has brought us to a new low. 

So you are saying blenders are the only way do make a good Frozen drink.

And the answer is?

I believe a couple things:

Each frozen drink machine cost about 2k to 4k and you are limited to one specific flavor, with the blender you can make unlimited flavors for way less; The Island Oasis machine cost about the same but you are not limited to one flavor each-time. Also cleaning those machines are a pain, they tend to build mold on them.

Royal probably don't pay for the machine is given to them if the buy the Kerry products.

I wonder if the student at your school clean the machine correctly?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luisc25 said:

And the answer is?

I believe a couple things:

Each frozen drink machine cost about 2k to 4k and you are limited to one specific flavor, with the blender you can make unlimited flavors for way less; The Island Oasis machine cost about the same but you are not limited to one flavor each-time. Also cleaning those machines are a pain, they tend to build mold on them.

Royal probably don't pay for the machine is given to them if the buy the Kerry products.

I wonder if the student at your school clean the machine correctly?

This is pretty much what I came here to say, spot on

Also, with blender, you can customize as they are made.  

There are shops in Vegas with 10 - 15 frozen drink machines.  They add a shot to them, if you want, but then how to you properly mix in the shot????