"Wifi feasibility test" on Quest, December 28

marinaro44

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just a note. I'm on Journey now and after all this discussion on wifi I have free internet for the whole voyage as Platinum, so all is well as far as I'm concerned. 👍

Phil 

If this is feasibility type 2 thank you Azamara for listening 

16 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just a note. I'm on Journey now and after all this discussion on wifi I have free internet for the whole voyage as Platinum, so all is well as far as I'm concerned. 👍

Phil 

Well that's a relief. Have a great time on board. We might have some time in Auckland on your last day.

20 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Thank you! 

Have a great cruise Phil.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

That’s good to hear, hope you have a great cruise itinerary looks fantastic.

54 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Good to know! Maybe there are three different feasibility tests going on!

41 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

attn Phil: Another thing. WHY ARE YOU HEADING BACK. According to Marine Traffic Azamara Journey has turned around.

Medivac I expect but Phil will no doubt confirm or otherwise

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Are you not in a suite of any sort, Phil?  If not, then they've got it right...finally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The rumour mill will be going so just to say it was Eric's dad who was onboard and had a massive heart attack. They stabilised him and he was on his way to hospital. Hoping he is ok. 

Phil 

I am so very sorry to learn this.  Yes, very much hoping that he is okay.

30 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The rumour mill will be going so just to say it was Eric's dad who was onboard and had a massive heart attack. They stabilised him and he was on his way to hospital. Hoping he is ok. 

Phil 

Oh dear. Poor Eric & his Dad (&Mum). I do hope he’s OK.

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

They saved him. Being on a ship at the time = no delay. His vital signs are good apparently and now he is in the best place. 

Phil 

Oh that’s wonderful. Well done to the medical team onboard and all good wishes to Eric’s Dad. 

• Like 1

Great news about Eric’s dad.

We are on the Pursuit now and the trial here is version 1.  As a Platinum with the large majority of our points coming from Celebrity, we are in a slightly different position re the free nights.  We’ll never qualify for them.  With “only” 10 (this is our 11th) cruises On Azamara, we are never top cruisers from Azamara’s perspective, but with over 4,000 “points” we are certainly in the group of extremely loyal corporate guests.  And we always cruise in a Continent Suite so the trial works for us but I don’t see the wisdom of rewarding some people at a cost to others.  I guess the accountants are trying to “balance the books”.

With the inclusions on Azamara, it is a little difficult to equate the LCV Platinum benefits to the Celebrity Zenith level, but Celebrity really is far better with free premium drinks, unlimited internet and unlimited laundry regardless of cabin category.  And the Captain’s Club has not been degraded as much as the LCV.  But a significant discount on a cruise is much appreciated.

I agree with almost all points made during this discussion but would like to make one point.  I don’t care what a company calls it, a “Loyalty” program is much more about trying to create incentive for repeat bookings with a minimal cost.  Rewarding loyalty is a minor (and sometimes non-existent) side effect.

We have good friends who keep asking us to go on Regent and it is becoming harder to say no.  The onboard experience goes only so far when there is equivalent or better value to be had elsewhere.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 6:09 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Forget everything that I said. LCV Host Michelle is now back and I checked with her. Apparently I booked the first cruise under a half off second person promo that included free wifi. That's why I got it.  She checked my second cruise and I booked that under a different promo and will have to pay for wifi.  Don't you just love all the "deals"?  Not impressed. 

Phil 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Forget everything that I said. LCV Host Michelle is now back and I checked with her. Apparently I booked the first cruise under a half off second person promo that included free wifi. That's why I got it.  She checked my second cruise and I booked that under a different promo and will have to pay for wifi.  Don't you just love all the "deals"?  Not impressed. 

Phil 

When does your second cruise start?

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Sorry to read this, Phil.  As with the new, "let's-make-a-deal" upgrade scheme, a kick in the tail for their most loyal cruisers.

Glad normal service is resumed with Michelle back. Her interaction and ways were sorely missed. Im extremely annoyed to read that Azamara had not been listening as I had credited them with. Too many kicks in the tail now. 

Glad the weather on your cruise has improved anyway. Mary sent me funny pix of the Crossing The Line ceremony earlier. 

As an aside, I booked a late Fred Olsen deal cruise two weeks ago. I’m taking  my mother. I specifically picked a cabin type (superior OV), the location and ticked the “do not upgrade box”. Yesterday Fed Olsen informed me that they had upgraded me free of charge to a balcony cabin. Normally I would be pleased at this, but not this time for a very specific reason. I rang them, prepared to do battle but there was no need. 

They apologised, said there had been a mistake and gave me back my booked OV cabin. They also gave me free WiFi for the 13 night voyage as a “sorry for my inconvenience”. That’s the way to do it! 

Why Azamara do not throw in free WiFi for Platinum members is just beyond me. 

• Like 1