Central Park Balcony

Thom524

I hate both boardwalk and CP balconies. I do not go on a cruise to look at other balconies. I am not for apartment living on vacation. Love my privacy on the ocean. Love sitting out watch us pull into different ports in my PJs each morning. Even if I don’t use the balcony I love keeping the drapes open all the time seeing the ocean.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Op since you booked do far in advance were you able to get the extra large balcony?? We like trying different rooms for our fall sailings (we cruise 2 times a year) Was able to snag one of the extra large balconies for oct 2020 oasis.   

We have a big balcony for the Harmony TA back to PC in fall 21

• Like 1

3 hours ago, renza said:

I hate both boardwalk and CP balconies. I do not go on a cruise to look at other balconies. I am not for apartment living on vacation. Love my privacy on the ocean. Love sitting out watch us pull into different ports in my PJs each morning. Even if I don’t use the balcony I love keeping the drapes open all the time seeing the ocean.

Have you tried either, or did you make up your mind in advance?  Just wondering.  Not looking to start an argument.

5 hours ago, renza said:

We are the same.

We always get room service breakfast around 8am and sit on our balcony eating it enjoying the port view.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:43 AM, suesnake2002 said:

Op since you booked do far in advance were you able to get the extra large balcony?? We like trying different rooms for our fall sailings (we cruise 2 times a year) Was able to snag one of the extra large balconies for oct 2020 oasis.   

May I ask which cabins on Oasis have these extra large balconies?

Not much going for these rooms unless you are able to stack discounts making them less expensive than interior or non-balcony oceanview (even then, I might opt for the regular oceanview).   The view is miserable and no breeze.  RC took away the modest perks they were using to get bookings up on these rooms.  Yes, CP can be nice to enjoy at night...so walk through there for 10 minutes at night.  Spend your afternoons enjoying a nice oceanview balcony properly, in my opinion it is worth the extra expense. 

• Like 1

IMHO, a Central Park Balcony is definitely better than an Interior or an Oceanview. We have stayed in 2 Central Park Balcony cabins and a Boardwalk cabin. They are 2 different environments, Central Park is peaceful and serene, whereas Boardwalk cabins are louder and livelier.

I'd be curious to know how many of the people who don't like CP balconies have actually stayed in one.  Are we speaking from experience or just what we think it would be like?  I actually wonder this every time I read a review of how bad they are, no breeze, no privacy.  What are we basing this on?  I'm sure some have tried them and not liked them.  

7 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

I'd be curious to know how many of the people who don't like CP balconies have actually stayed in one.  Are we speaking from experience or just what we think it would be like?  I actually wonder this every time I read a review of how bad they are, no breeze, no privacy.  What are we basing this on?  I'm sure some have tried them and not liked them.  

Direct experience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

I believe the central park balconies ending in 29. They are next to the living wall. 

DSC01882-vi.jpg

Looks great. Those are at the back of the ship, correct? Near the opening to the outside world? Would that also alleviate the hot, humid & stuffy problems others have mentioned?

Edited by OceanBlue123

10 minutes ago, OceanBlue123 said:

Looks great. Those are at the back of the ship, correct? Near the opening to the outside world? Would that also alleviate the hot, humid & stuffy problems others have mentioned?

Boardwalk balconies are at the back.

Central Park balconies are mid ships.

14 minutes ago, OceanBlue123 said:

... Would that also alleviate the hot, humid & stuffy problems others have mentioned?

There tends to be more air circulation in the Boardwalk area.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Boardwalk balconies are at the back.

Central Park balconies are mid ships.

OK, I found this:

https://www.*****.com/2016/05/11/secret-royal-caribbean-staterooms-extra-large-oasis-of-the-seas-balconies

It says those balconies are over Central Park and are numbered:

2 minutes ago, OceanBlue123 said:

OK, I found this:

https://www.*****.com/2016/05/11/secret-royal-caribbean-staterooms-extra-large-oasis-of-the-seas-balconies

It says those balconies are over Central Park and are numbered:

Boardwalk situated on Deck6 aft

Central Park on deck8 mid ships.

We have had ocean view balcony 8568 twice on Harmony and 8550 once.

On Allure we have had 8568 once and have that cabin again in June.

This cabin is near the lift and a few seconds walk to Central Park.

2 hours ago, OceanBlue123 said:

I don't always stay in CP balconies,

But when I do, its one of these.

Stay thirsty my friend.

IMAG7174.thumb.jpg.222f602059e732516b894fea8ac4fc6f.jpg

20191001_113238.thumb.jpg.56a77e9cfb3e1aff561bacaaa1aed703.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

18 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

Have you tried either, or did you make up your mind in advance?  Just wondering.  Not looking to start an argument.

My kids have had both CP and Boardwalk. I stayed in Boardwalk. Never again. Apartment living. We were across hall in both from kids. So yes I have had experience with both. Now unfortunately even my kids hate those cabins and always wanted in ours. 

Edited by renza

We just off of Allure, cabin 10595 and LOVED IT!!!  We actually had 3 cabins in a row with son, daughter in law and grandchildren.  We had the partitions between the cabin balconies opened and loved being able to get to each cabin that way.  It was so peaceful and calm and enjoyable. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, suesnake2002 said:

I have 14229. It is right under the pool deck. This is our preferred spot.

Central park is located mid ship. Boardwalk is located aft. 

Hello, 

Have you stayed in this cabin before? We have this booked for a TA and wondering if because we are higher up, we will have more breeze. We usually do an ocean view balcony but couldn't pass on the price difference. Even with the diamond plus discount it would have been almost double. Thanks so much for your response. Candy

We're just off Allure in a CP balcony on deck 10. It was a last minute booking and a first for us. We were on deck 10 above Park Cafe so it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the music in the evening. The sink in the bathroom was, to us, very low. That was a 1st for us. You had to really bend over when shaving (DH) or brushing your teeth. Storage was minimal and access to the side of the closet with the shelves was very narrow. For 7 days it was OK but we won't be booking one again.