Any Great Deals Found Today?

taylortime05

3 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Can you share any great deals you found?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?   Was it with NCL or a TA?

Been watching 3 cruises and looked this morning at them (with the 30% sale) and they all went up.  Come on, that cruise I was watching was never $1039 for 7 nights, now with the 30% off of that it is $729, it was $649.

18 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Can you share any great deals you found?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?   Was it with NCL or a TA?

The New Year sale offer looks like the Christmas offer which started with the Black Friday offer. Would have been better off booking last mid-November.  

Interesting feedback, I didn't look at our cruise prior to the 30% off offer. I booked over the weekend when the up to $1000 off per person was running. We received $500 off per person, 2 people. We booked a Lattitudes offer so we received an additional 20% off plus double points. Hopefully we have a good deal for the package we selected:

Deal: Balcony, 4 Meal SDP, $50 Shore Excursion credits, Wifi and discounted Airfare; we declined the beverage package

Cruise: 9 Night Japan on the Spirit in November 2020 (full refurbishment Jan/Feb 2020)

Additional items: NCL insurance, transfers, air deviation fee, prepaid service charges, SDP fees, taxes

Total Price: Under $3K pp

Double Up: using two Cruise Next certificates

Booking: direct with NCL, started with website finalized over the phone

Tokyo Hotel: Not included in NCL price, additional expense

Edited by Nola26

We are booked on a 10 day Europe and Greek Island Cruise during the Easter Holidays.

its the best deal I’ve ever found, especially during school hols.

Things to note. I’m booking from Europe. Our deposits are non refundable. If the price of a cruise goes down we don’t have the option to get our deposit back and rebook.

The option we do have is to upgrade our cabin as long as the overall price is any bit higher than the original booking.

We normally deal with prices after tax in Europe.  I always get a total cruise price first and then divide by 4 to get my costs straight in my head. When I first joined Cruise Critic I remember thinking that Americans were getting all the best deals before I realised that Americans usually list a price before tax. In general, companies in Europe are not allowed list prices without tax to the general public, only to trade. 

Our cruise is costing 2,400 Euro total. That’s 4 people, inside cabin, drinks  package for 2 and associated service charge. In my mind that’s 240 a day including drinks which I feel is a great price. We booked under the latitudes 20 percent off promo.

if we booked today it would be over 4000.

Also our final payment is 40 days before the cruise. 

Ive never found any rhyme or reason in getting a deal. I just usually have a few dates in mind and keep checking. I do find it frustrating that the goalposts move so often. You really have to do the leg work to keep up with changes. We always book a sale away cabin. Never had a bad cabin yet. We did a 10 day on the Gem 2 years ago and that included the service charge. We have a sale away this time too. It didn’t include service charge but did include drinks package. We got cabin assigned almost immediately. Seems like a good location.  

l

I was looking last night, as a solo - Bliss 21-day Panama Canal NYC to Seattle for under $2,000 plus taxes and fees for a Studio cabin.  That cabin gets one perk.  I was VERY close to jumping on that price but I'm still working (though I get more than enough time off to cover the trip) and 21 days is a LONG time on a ship to be going on my own.

• Like 3

Been watching Feb. 2021 cruise and price came down a little maybe?

The one thing I noticed is a 3rd traveler charge for the tips on Free at Sea?

Wife and myself is always $158(around) and they want $138(around) for 3rd person? To little Booze and food and to much for Soda package.

I guess maybe 3rd person is not getting the food?

She is 12, so won't be drinking this year!

5 hours ago, hallux said:

I was looking last night, as a solo - Bliss 21-day Panama Canal NYC to Seattle for under $2,000 plus taxes and fees for a Studio cabin.  That cabin gets one perk.  I was VERY close to jumping on that price but I'm still working (though I get more than enough time off to cover the trip) and 21 days is a LONG time on a ship to be going on my own.

21 days is a long time, good luck with your decision.

Check to see if there are any options for an Inside. More space and a fridge maybe desirable for that length. If there's a deal on an OV you'll be eligible for more FAS choices. 

My mother was online checking POA studios and balcony cabins. She received a pop up offer: Balcony with no single supplement and no FAS perks. I gifted her a 3 meal dining plan so a good deal. 

I never even pay attention to the current promo or sale. It seems to have almost zero impact on actual pricing. I have been watching my upcoming Bliss sailing in March since before Black Friday and with the various "sales" that have happened since, prices have been steadily going up, completely irrespective of when a new sale begins or ends.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I never even pay attention to the current promo or sale. It seems to have almost zero impact on actual pricing. I have been watching my upcoming Bliss sailing in March since before Black Friday and with the various "sales" that have happened since, prices have been steadily going up, completely irrespective of when a new sale begins or ends.

I've seen this too. I saw the price on our cruise change during the Black Friday event. The Latitudes 20% promo was the only promo that I saw actually affect the rates of a cruise I was looking at.

It's mostly smoke and mirrors, but I guess if people feel like they're getting a good deal...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

By the way, this isn't to say that prices are just up all across the board. The last cruise we had on the Escape was the cheapest cruise we've ever taken, and it was in a balcony—we've had insides before that were more expensive. It's just that the actual deals are unrelated to the promo "deals".

Edited by dcipjr
  • Like 1

I'm watching an October cruise in Europe for a solo cabin. Even w/ the 30% off + past guest offer, it's still really high, but I can't remember how much it cost in Nov/Dec for a comparison. I don't want to lose an opportunity to book a solo cabin, but last time I booked a solo cruise (in January last year during wave season), I found out a lot of other solo travelers got much better deals than I did. Having said that, price of flying to Europe rises closer to cruise date and that can sometimes cancel out any savings on last minute bookings.

there is a lot of capacity for new zealand this year, ncl 10 nights inside $429, example HAL window 13 nights $700 per person window, also Hawaii on princess from san fran or los angeles 15 nights  window about $900, aslo royal has some capacity issues out of new orleans for jan and feb $400 window room 7 days

Edited by Newleno

31 minutes ago, ammorgan86 said:

I'm watching an October cruise in Europe for a solo cabin. Even w/ the 30% off + past guest offer, it's still really high, but I can't remember how much it cost in Nov/Dec for a comparison. I don't want to lose an opportunity to book a solo cabin, but last time I booked a solo cruise (in January last year during wave season), I found out a lot of other solo travelers got much better deals than I did. Having said that, price of flying to Europe rises closer to cruise date and that can sometimes cancel out any savings on last minute bookings.

well dont forget to look at french bee airlines and norwegian airlines

On 1/2/2020 at 12:32 AM, Nola26 said:

Interesting feedback, I didn't look at our cruise prior to the 30% off offer. I booked over the weekend when the up to $1000 off per person was running. We received $500 off per person, 2 people. We booked a Lattitudes offer so we received an additional 20% off plus double points. Hopefully we have a good deal for the package we selected:

Deal: Balcony, 4 Meal SDP, $50 Shore Excursion credits, Wifi and discounted Airfare; we declined the beverage package

Cruise: 9 Night Japan on the Spirit in November 2020 (full refurbishment Jan/Feb 2020)

Additional items: NCL insurance, transfers, air deviation fee, prepaid service charges, SDP fees, taxes

Total Price: Under $3K pp

Double Up: using two Cruise Next certificates

Booking: direct with NCL, started with website finalized over the phone

Tokyo Hotel: Not included in NCL price, additional expense

You got a good deal!  I paid over $4000 for a balcony (solo) on Friday.  I just checked and there are no balconies for less than $4000 for two (or one spoiled solo willing to pay double like me).  I will be watching for price drops as the "wave season" goes on.  I will probably drop the airfare deal because the initial routing is horrible and I don't want to take a chance with it.  Please join the roll call, there are only a few people so far.  Looking forward to meeting you on the ship!

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:22 AM, Lionkingrichard said:

Been watching Feb. 2021 cruise and price came down a little maybe?

The one thing I noticed is a 3rd traveler charge for the tips on Free at Sea?

Wife and myself is always $158(around) and they want $138(around) for 3rd person? To little Booze and food and to much for Soda package.

I guess maybe 3rd person is not getting the food?

She is 12, so won't be drinking this year!

It is actually for the beverage package.  Once you add in the traveler information, that will go away.  NCL has expanded the beverage package perk to all guests over 21 in the stateroom.

NCL Joy 16 day Full Panama Canal Transit Jan 17 thru Feb 2 2020 is dropping like a rock. Inside sailaway was being sold at the outrageous and overstated price of $1,429 this past weekend. Today, it has adjusted to the going market rate of $599, a whopping $830 per person drop. Of course, you'll have heavy port charges with the Canal transit. If you want one perk marketed as free, you can get a rate of $699.

23 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

You got a good deal!  I paid over $4000 for a balcony (solo) on Friday.  I just checked and there are no balconies for less than $4000 for two (or one spoiled solo willing to pay double like me).  I will be watching for price drops as the "wave season" goes on.  I will probably drop the airfare deal because the initial routing is horrible and I don't want to take a chance with it.  Please join the roll call, there are only a few people so far.  Looking forward to meeting you on the ship!

Thanks for the feedback, we are excited. Celebrating a significant birthday for Mom and Japan is her wish. I typically bypass roll calls, but with such an invitation we will likely meet you there.

My Mom had a friend book too, but I am not sure if she did the same as you: solo balcony.