Carnival Airport Transportation

blueknight222

We use carnival shuttle all the time when cruising on the Pride out of Baltimore. The taxi's are close to the same price. The Carnival shuttle is allowed to go right through the gate even if the ship is late and others are not allowed in. I guess it would depend on the port you are leaving from what the price difference would be.

1 hour ago, blueknight222 said:

Hi folks, anyone use Carnival Airport Transportation vs Uber, Lyft? 

I used Carnival transport post cruise to the airport. I would do it again in a heartbeat. But for my next cruise in February, we are just heading back to our hotel in New Orleans, and then for our April cruise, we are driving. But every time I need to get to airport from ship, I use cruise line transportation. 

• Like 1

I've used them all at FLL, MIA, and LAX, getting to the port and getting back to the airport.  It depends on the port, how much time I have to get one place or another, and how much it costs.  They all have their plusses and minuses, as most things do.  I really don't prefer one over the other.  Convenience is my highest priority, and sometimes the most convenient is also the least expensive.

We almost always used Uber (except in NYC when we used Carnival shuttle) because for us it is much easier to be the only two in a vehicle with a driver as opposed to having to go through waiting for everyone to get their luggage under bus and then waiting for everyone to get on the bus and then doing it all over again when at destination. We have also found it less expensive to use Uber. In the days before Uber we always used Cabs. 

I use it from POM to FLL airport all the time.   I'm a solo cruiser so there isn't any savings in using a ride share or shuttle.  I detest having to hunt for an unfamiliar vehicle in the chaos of debark and the Carnival buses are very easy to find.  I am usually out on the first bus and it never waits to fill up.  The bus usually leaves at 3/4 full and they start filling another bus.  

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

I use it from POM to FLL airport all the time.   I'm a solo cruiser so there isn't any savings in using a ride share or shuttle.  I detest having to hunt for an unfamiliar vehicle in the chaos of debark and the Carnival buses are very easy to find.  I am usually out on the first bus and it never waits to fill up.  The bus usually leaves at 3/4 full and they start filling another bus.  

Same here. I am a solo traveller so Carnival transfers are usually cheaper. Since I usually arrive a day or two before my cruise though, I make my own arrangements from Airport to hotel. After the cruise though, Carnival transfers from pier to airport are the simplest and least expensive.

I've never used Carnival's shuttles to go from the airport to the port, but I have used them several times to go from the port to the airport.  Every time except my last cruise, they waited to head to the airport after they completely filled the bus.  Depending on your luck, this could be immediately or a half hour later.  Still, it's convenient and easy.  

I have also used shuttles and an Uber.  Those were very easy as well.  Finding the right shuttle was never difficult because they are lined up right outside of the terminal.  The Uber only took five minutes and it was inexpensive and quick.

Over 10 years ago, we had our family reunion on a Carnival sailings.   Over half of our family members were using Carnival airport transport.   It worked out great without alot of hassle.

I normally use Lyft, but eyeing a cruise out of Galveston next year and the cost for a solo cruiser using Lyft or Uber is tad out what I want to spend.   Will use Carnival service on that trip

I use Carnival transport most of the time. I usually fly in the same day of the cruise and know that I’m safe if there should be any traffic delays getting to the ship. It’s easy, well marked and convenient. It may cost more than private transportation but I think it’s worth it. I did use Lyft to and from FLL and that was an easy inexpensive way to go as well.