Princess Tuxedo Rental

Rockymountainsparky

I enjoy wearing my tux. Although I haven't taken it on every cruise. But those wearing tuxes has become less and less. On our last cruise I noticed fewer suit coats as well. In all honesty they probably should just get rid of formal nights. Even business casual is being ignored in the MDR.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 9:00 AM, Potstech said:

And some seem to be unable to adjust to changes. Ruining it for those who can.  Life goes on.

The tux I bought 20 years ago was unable to adjust to changes in my (growing) body over the years. 🐖

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

The tux I bought 20 years ago was unable to adjust to changes in my (growing) body over the years. 🐖

🤣 roflmao... me too. When  I get aboard I'll avail myself of PAX Services Desk and request 48 long

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I enjoy wearing my tux. Although I haven't taken it on every cruise. But those wearing tuxes has become less and less. On our last cruise I noticed fewer suit coats as well. In all honesty they probably should just get rid of formal nights. Even business casual is being ignored in the MDR.

As mentioned earlier, you are always free to wear your tux, suit, or business attire if you wish.  Haven't heard where the ship has told you that you can't.😀

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, getaway101 said:

What a shame.  Looks like all the complainers got their way and tuxedos are becoming a thing of the past.  Some ruin it for all.

All the complainers haven’t got to me and never will. I will be wearing my tux until it’s only me and the maître d’. I always take two tuxedos with me. See photos.

Tony

9675DE7D-6F2A-4366-A86F-9268B22DE6BD.jpeg

3DCC4265-35B9-41C2-9870-39E78A86C007.jpeg

• Like 6

What a shame.  Looks like all the complainers got their way and tuxedos are becoming a thing of the past.  Some ruin it for all.

All the complainers haven’t got to me and never will. I will be wearing my tux until it’s only me and the maître d’. I always take two tuxedos with me. See photos.

Tony

• Like 2

Tony

• Like 1

Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

I haven't read where anyone is complaining about you or anyone else wearing a tux.  Personally I don't care if you wear a tux to the buffet, and you wear it every night.☺️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

And cboy will be wearing his too! 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jwattle said:

And cboy will be wearing his too! 😊

Hi jwattle, (JO),

I hope someday Princess starts renting tuxedos again and they offer one like my new one. So Tom and I look the same when we cruise together. Maybe cboy will rent one also?  See photo.

0EBF6ABE-8517-45DF-9CC9-2A064035CDE5.jpeg

The tux rental companies didn’t only service Princess. They rented a lot of tuxedos to all the cruise lines. Just about all the other mainline cruise lines have done away with formal nights. Princess is the lone holdout. I remember renting tuxes many years ago. It was very convenient when I was into that sort of thing. There was no way they could stay in business only renting to Princess cruisers. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 7:15 AM, Daniel A said:

I was on the Regal February 2 cruise.  While waiting at the PAX Services Desk for another reason, I saw a notice on the large monitor behind the desk stating that you can rent a tuxedo at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if that was really the case and I was told that yes, they now have tux rentals (including shoes) at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if you would be able to book this through the Personalizer and was told 'no' only once you are on board and at the PAX Services Desk.  I was also told this is fleet wide now.

Not being able to reserve in advance, it seems there is no way to know if they have what you need in your size (pants, jacket, shoes) before you get to the PAX desk. If they do not, it is too late for you to have brought the tux, etc. with you.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Not being able to reserve in advance, it seems there is no way to know if they have what you need in your size (pants, jacket, shoes) before you get to the PAX desk. If they do not, it is too late for you to have brought the tux, etc. with you.

Yes, that's one of the main reasons I stopped even considering a tux. Sure liked to when I still did, but it just was not practical after reaching a few years. But I never considered myself a "complainer" (in spite of the 'redundancy' above 😉).  Heck, I looked even better than him (in my mind at least!)

Doug

There is a thread on the Royal Caribbean board saying the Royal Caribbean is renting tuxedos.  If anything Princess would have more business than Royal. After my last sailing on Anthem of the seas  I won't even bring a dress shirt and tie next time. Maybe Princess with offer the service again.  

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

Edited by Iamcruzin

6 hours ago, caribill said:

interesting isn't it ?  I'll assume there is an array of jacket and shirt sizes to choose from. Pants aren't a problem  a the waist line shave built in adjustment. Length could be modified in minutes by an seamstress. Now shoes there's a conundrum ... 15 EEE. Wonder if they have that ob board.

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi jwattle, (JO),

I hope someday Princess starts renting tuxedos again and they offer one like my new one. So Tom and I look the same when we cruise together. Maybe cboy will rent one also?  See photo.

Tony did ya want this photo of me  

-old-pirate-retirment.thumb.jpg.9002fbd0c27e655599084424dde702fc.jpg

Or  this one 

LEO_9895.thumb.jpg.fa2f53afb02b5e5ea55e22dcd1e9a006.jpg

notice how I'm suckin' my gut in 😄

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi jwattle, (JO),

The two most dashing sailors! We'd be honored to accompany you and the Missus to dinner!💕💕

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 9:03 AM, Potstech said:

Why spend all that unnecessary money for around 2 hours use twice n a 7 day cruise.  Can use that amount for many other things while aboard the ship.

We made sure we saved enough money for "many other things while aboard the ship."

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

Same with us even though we could carry as much clothing as we want.

The days of dressing up for dinner is long past especially if you're they type that cruises often. Let the younger folks enjoy their moment & we'll just merge into the background and enjoy ourselves. 

Buy a long sleeve Guayaberas