Edge - Quick Restaurant Thoughts

charlielinda

We’ve been on the Edge for a few days.   We went to Fine Cuts the first evening and were disappointed.  We love Murano and Tuscan on other ships and we were comparing.  We didn’t like the location because it was so loud and the food was good but not great.  Don’t think we’d go back.   We were supposed to go to Roof Top last night but it was cancelled due to rain.  We have had dinner in Cosmopolitan and Normandy and it was very good — as good as Aqua on our last few cruises.  Only difference in a bit in the personal service.  We’ve had breakfast every day in Cosmopolitan and it’s been great.  As I said before Eden Cafe was great for lunch.  Tonight we are going to have dinner on the Magic Carpet so stay tuned — I’ve heard good and bad so — open minded for new experience.  

Sorry to hear that Rooftop Garden Grill was cancelled.  That was the only specialty restaurant we did on Edge last month and it was outstanding.  On the night we were there, the rain started just as we arrived...the diners that were already seated made a mad dash to get under the small area that was covered.  We asked, and were allowed, to return 30 minutes later once the rain ended.  Everything was dry by that time and the meal was delicious...I still dream about the warm chocolate chip cookie that was dessert.

We were on the December 15th sailing, same happened to us the day we were suppose to dine at Roof Top we had bad thunderstorms.  I haven't been on the Equinox yet but my sister/brother in law have in October and said Murano is much better than Fine Cut Steakhouse...as for us, Fine Cut Steakhouse was good but lacked the great good beef flavor that we normally get at 4-5 star rated steakhouses throughout the country.  To me, the Cosmopolitan Manhattan steak was better than the two steaks I had atbhn Fine Cut Steakhouse...we didn't go back for the third evening there due to feeling the dining room was just as good as the steakhouse.z

c - I Am so sorry that you did not enjoy FSH, our visit there was outstanding and memorable to be sure, yet the 8p bartender show in the Martini Bar was an issue, but that lasted only 15 - 20 minutes...

Everyone's dinner was outstanding and the service, we found to be attentive and on point, including the sommelier.

Rooftop is good as well, we thought.

Since food is subjective and these could have been off nights, I understand and appreciate your point of view on this.

I found lunch in Cosmopolitan not to my liking at all! LOL...

All of this could be due to my eating preferences, too.

No worries, continue to make the best of it..

bon appetit and bon voyage

Doing a B2B we got 1/2 off for any restaurant.   Be choose Eden.   We are glad that we didn’t book  it at full price as at 1/2 price was more reasonable but still stretching it.  Nothing special and really not that great.

The only reason we did it was because we felt we probably wouldn’t be sailing on the Edge again and wanted to make sure we tried it and be told that we missed out and it was the greatest ever.  

That was the only specialty restaurant we booked during our 14 days.   The others didn’t appeal to be worth the extra cost to us.  We were in AQ and Blu was good enough for us.

We also went to the Eden Cafe many times for lunch and a few times for  breakfast to try it.   The workers were fantastic and the offerings were nice especially the deserts.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Would have to agree with your review of the Restaurants.   We were disappointed with the Fine Cut, both due to food and ambiance.   Would not do it again.   Now if Murano's were on board we would eat there for sure. 

Where did you sit in FCSH, and do you think sitting further from the Grand Plaza would help? Do they ever use the outside seating?

We are booked for FCSH for Valentines Day, and to get that reservation we paid full price, and I’ve been concerned about the noise ever since. Our reservation is early, partly because that is the best time for me to eat a heavy steak dinner and partly for the noise, based on other posts. It is disappointing to hear the steak was not that good, but a cruise ship will never ever be as good as a 4 or 5 star restaurant, they have to freeze the meat!

30 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Where did you sit in FCSH, and do you think sitting further from the Grand Plaza would help? Do they ever use the outside seating?

We are booked for FCSH for Valentines Day, and to get that reservation we paid full price, and I’ve been concerned about the noise ever since. Our reservation is early, partly because that is the best time for me to eat a heavy steak dinner and partly for the noise, based on other posts. It is disappointing to hear the steak was not that good, but a cruise ship will never ever be as good as a 4 or 5 star restaurant, they have to freeze the meat!

There is no outdoor seating at FCSH, but there are tables by the windows. 😊

On our first cruise on Edge we ate there early in the evening and asked to be seated close to the windows. We had no problems with noise. The steaks and other items we ordered were delicious, and the service was great. Enjoy!

Edited by C-Dragons

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

On our first cruise on Edge we ate there early in the evening and asked to be seated close to the windows. We had no problems with noise. The steaks and other items we ordered were delicious, and the service was great. 

Unless things have changed since April, there are outside tables.  We saw people eating out there but it did look windy.

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Unless things have changed since April, there are outside tables.  We saw people eating out there but it did look windy.

Yes, I seemed to have forgotten the outside tables. The weather was rather cool when we sailed in December, we weren’t asked if we wanted to sit outside. 😁

A few things.  It was especially loud just a few times.  Think earlier you go it’s not as bad.  

We asked about outside tables and were told used when weather perfect, especially in Mediterranean, when ship is in port.  They told us it wasn’t open that open outside.  

4 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

A few things.  It was especially loud just a few times.  Think earlier you go it’s not as bad.  

We asked about outside tables and were told used when weather perfect, especially in Mediterranean, when ship is in port.  They told us it wasn’t open that open outside.  

2 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

Headed to Eden later this week.  Understand it’s “weird” but we’re loving trying all the new things.  I’ll let you know.  

Thanks for your responses.  We’re going into Eden with an open mind.  Any suggestions at FCs?  Dined there a couple of times and my fingers are crossed that the 3rd will be the charm.

19 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

On our first cruise on Edge we ate there early in the evening and asked to be seated close to the windows. We had no problems with noise. The steaks and other items we ordered were delicious, and the service was great. Enjoy!

There was some outdoor seating on our Thanksgiving sailing.

I do not recollect seeing anyone out there eating though...

20 minutes ago, Oville said:

Are you going to dinner at Eden.  We’re booked for next week and I’m looking for some feedback.  Thanks

o - I recommend looking at the sample menu to see if you can enjoy what is prepared.

I do believe the menu has been updated.

In my case, the chef prepared different courses, which I found to be great and inventive.

Our friends thought the food was good, if not different and as they thought it would be presented (just like the show! LOL)

bon  appetit and bon voyage

31 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We had no problems with noise. The steaks and other items we ordered were delicious, and the service was great. Enjoy!

Ditto!  👍

Please check out Le Grand Bistro for lunch. It is one of the best kept secrets on Edge. We sailed on Edge in November 2019 and you wouldn’t believe how many people walked away once they were made aware of the $20 charge per person......Big Mistake on their part.

The crowds will get bigger the further you get into the itinerary as the word gets out, so if you are thinking of going, don’t wait too long.

Don’t be afraid to check out the menu at Raw on 5. You will pay menu prices there, so just make sure the menu offerings and prices are something that could work for you as an option.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

37 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

o - I recommend looking at the sample menu to see if you can enjoy what is prepared.

I do believe the menu has been updated.

In my case, the chef prepared different courses, which I found to be great and inventive.

Our friends thought the food was good, if not different and as they thought it would be presented (just like the show! LOL)

bon  appetit and bon voyage

I have B.  I can’t eat lobster so my hang up is sea urchin.  Who knows, I just might love it.😉😋

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

I have B.  I can’t eat lobster so my hang up is sea urchin.  Who knows, I just might love it.😉😋

LOL - you can always, in advance, request to have something else with a side of urchin to see if you like it or not...

Chef in Eden always try to accommodate...

5 minutes ago, mafig said:

Does anyone have the menu for Raw on 5?

I understand it's not just sushi anymore, and it's not all raw?

😃

If you scroll down on the attached Raw on 5 page from the Celebrity website, you will get an idea as to dishes available and pricing at the time of posting. This menu will not be exactly as presented on board but will give you a general idea.

Hope this helps

Randy

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/raw-on-5

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mafig said:

Does anyone have the menu for Raw on 5?

I understand it's not just sushi anymore, and it's not all raw?

😃

Actually, it was never 'just sushi' they have a variety of items available from soup to oysters and clams and stir-fries to name a few..