Edge/Apex questions

flcruisechick16

Hi

I am looking to book the celebrity Apex sailing for next fall. I am pretty sure we are booking an infinite veranda room. On celebrity website when looking at the regular infinity veranda they all say obstructed view. I know the magic carpet is on the starboard side but what would be blocking the view on the port side? Do all veranda's have obstructed views? Also we are early 40 somethings and taking our first kidless trip in many years to celebrate me beating cancer (praying for that of course). We are looking to just relax, have some nice wine, love the martini bar, etc. But I have heard the new ships are super modern.  Has anyone sailed the other ships and also sailed edge? Did you like it? We have been on reflection and loved it and also infinity. We are also considering a princess ship and have sailed them many times but it is an older ship. We are just hoping for some feedback on the edge class before we pull the trigger. Thanks so much for your help! 

We have sailed on most  celebrity ships and enjoy them all.  We were on the Edge last January and will be back on her for a longer cruise.  The ship is beautiful, the food and service were a notch above what we had experienced on the other  celebrity ships and those other ships are great.  The 4 MDR concept has excellent reviews, so much so that we are not booking Aqua Class.  We are not in love with the with the Infinite Veranda but the rest of the ship  ore than makes up for the so-so 

cabin.

• Thanks 1

Flcruisechk16....Congrats on your recovery. APEX or EDGE would be a great ship  for  Celebration! New and fresh...EDGE had great food, shows abd music.

Some decks and cabins have obstructed view due to life boat and davit placement.   

We enjoyed our EDGE AQ Class IV with a clear view .  And liked our Sunset Veranda cabin with the 4 mdr Select Dining even more.   The SV cabin has an oversized true  balcony abd stateroom is larger ..but  it is a long walk to and from the elevators

• Like 2

As hcat said, most obstructions are from lifeboats and davits (especially Deck 6). There are also spots throughout the ship's layout where some cabins step out, so that the receded cabins immediately next to it can see structures associated with that — and also count as obstructed as well I think. The completely unobstructed ones can be pretty neat since it literally feels like you're in a glass box flying over the sea.

• Thanks 1

We have sailed on all X ships (except Infinity) have been on the Reflection 7 times, the Edge twice, and are booked on the Apex for this Fall.
We love the Reflection, but also love the new E-class ships, which are different, but that is partly what makes them very attractive to us. The food and service on the Edge was equal to, and sometimes better, than that on Reflection.

We're really looking forward to our cruise on Apex, and I agree that it would be a good choice for your upcoming celebration.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone so much for the positive feedback! A sunset veranda opened up so we pulled the trigger and booked this weekend! I am so excited!! I go back on daily chemo tomorrow so now I get to daydream about having a cocktail and sailing into the sunset! Can not wait!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

I am sure it was answered here already, but does anyone know if the Elite cocktail hour was in held in a special lounge or via vouchers in all bars and such?

We had 3 complementary drinks loaded on our sea pass card instead of vouchers. 

On 1/12/2020 at 11:36 PM, flcruisechick16 said:

Thanks everyone so much for the positive feedback! A sunset veranda opened up so we pulled the trigger and booked this weekend! I am so excited!! I go back on daily chemo tomorrow so now I get to daydream about having a cocktail and sailing into the sunset! Can not wait!! 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, Germancruiser said:

Thanks - i will check in the cabin then.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:36 PM, flcruisechick16 said:

Wishing you well with your health.  You certainly deserve this cruise, and are so lucky that the SV opened up for you.  I hear they sell out early.  My travel agent says that is her favorite location.  We are on the Edge with an IV (our first time in AQ class), and are apprehensive about the IV, as we have always had regular balcony in all of our past cruises.  Some say the IV is nothing but a big window,  but it is a new adventure.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1