EzAir ??

phabric

I have 2 cruises booked out of Southampton both on the Grand.  Both cruises are sold as separate 7 day cruises. I have 2 booking numbers.

1) August 7-14, 2021 Norwegian Fjords

EzAir opens Sept 18, 2020

2) August 14-21, 2021 Scanadinvia

EzAir opens Sept 25, 2020

I always book EzAir Flexible air and watch the price.  I have called Princess and was told I would have to book EzAir as 2 one way tickets.

1) book Aug 7-14 going to London Sept 18

2) book Aug 14-21 returning Sept 25

I do not understand why I can not book both flights on Sept 18.

Has anybody have to book 2 one way tickets?

Thank you for your answer.

I know I can not book until Sept.  I want to be prepared as I have 3 cabins booked to look after.

I want to see if others have had to book 2 one way tickets as it is 2 separate cruises and  booking number

We had the same situation as you in November where we had scheduled two separate cruises. We managed to get a round-trip ticket thru EZAir by changing the default return date to match the end of the 2nd cruise.  It worked fine for us. 

• Like 2

The same sort of impact occurs for longer cruises (booked as a single booking) which also have segments.  We are leaving Southampton next October and return from Singapore in November.  I had to wait to book flights until the Singapore return date we wanted was opened up by EZ-Air.  Meanwhile, someone sailing just to Rome could book their flights well before I could. 

We had the same situation as you in November where we had scheduled two separate cruises. We managed to get a round-trip ticket thru EZAir by changing the default return date to match the end of the 2nd cruise.  It worked fine for us. 

Just change the return date to the date you want when booking.  You still won't be able to book until 330 days from the return date because airline schedules won't be out.
Having the return flight tied to the first cruise this way could be a problem if, for example, the second cruise were to return late. They would not be obligated to rebook your flight, leaving you on the hook for possible change fees. The same would be true if you did the opposite, and tied a round-trip flight to the second cruise, if the first were to be cancelled or delayed, for example.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You can book it from the second part of the back to back as well, just choose the  arrival date you wish, as early as you wish. You will have to wait to book the r/t  until the return flight does become available. If you want to use the Princess transfers from the airport to the pier, you can still do that for the arriving flight. Just book the transfers and when available, enter your arriving flight info into the cruise personalizer for each booking. No problems. AND, if you are having any difficulty with this, call Princess and they will help you. (or are you using a travel agent?) 

You can get the boarding pass at the airline website, or you can wait until you arrive at the airport and have the boarding passes printed where you check in your luggage. Do go to the airline website however, and do an on line check in for your flights, even if you don't print boarding passes. Sometimes it is just not convenient to print boarding passes. 

These days boarding passes can also be downloaded to cell phones, but we are so used to doing the paper thing, we don't mess around with that. lol. 

3 hours ago, phabric said:

I have 2 cruises booked out of Southampton both on the Grand.  Both cruises are sold as separate 7 day cruises. I have 2 booking numbers.

I always book EzAir Flexible air and watch the price.  I have called Princess and was told I would have to book EzAir as 2 one way tickets.

In my experience with this.........

That is correct. 2 booking numbers 2 one ways.

53 minutes ago, mustgo said:

if flying easy air, do you just go to the airline website to print a boarding pass?  This is our first time to try it and it is for a return flight from Australia.

Yes everything is done through the airline like a normal ticket.

Make sure you enter your personal/frequent flyer # (if you have one) info through the airline website as well.

After I book EZ Air I rarely get into it on the Princess website anymore unless I want to change flights or lower the price.

I have a B2B from Athens to Barcelona and then Barcelona to Rome.  I just booked my flights when return flight was also available and booked departure only on the first leg and return only on the second.  No problem at all.  Just to let you know, by booking the day that fares became open, I have gotten my best pricing.  

3 minutes ago, dfields1814 said:

We have a B2B from NYC to Quebec City to NYC.  I can't book a RT flight from NYC. I called Princess and the agent said I would have to purchase two one way tickets. That is not going to happen.

Why?

Pooh

I have two separate bookings for my B2B european cruise for this summer.  Booked Departure flight and Return Flight separately as soon as they were made available and got the best pricing so far.  Example, one flight I got for $1500 is now "on sale" for $2276!  The only thing you want to do is to call Princess and have them link the two separately booked cruises.  You also will want to advise guest services when first boarding too.

Pooh

14 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes everything is done through the airline like a normal ticket.

Make sure you enter your personal/frequent flyer # (if you have one) info through the airline website as well.

After I book EZ Air I rarely get into it on the Princess website anymore unless I want to change flights or lower the price.

Thanks for the info

Our two cruises do not have the same striating or end port. If both the cruises started and ended in NYC I could do it. But One cruise ends in Canada and the ends in NYC. For the first cruise all the flights home start in Canada, none for NYC. On the second cruise from Quebec City all the  flights t are to Canada none to NYC.  I think you could do it if both B2B cruises ended up at the same place. Maybe if you took a B2B cruise both starting and ending in FLL that might work.

53 minutes ago, dfields1814 said:

We have a B2B from NYC to Quebec City to NYC.  I can't book a RT flight from NYC. I called Princess and the agent said I would have to purchase two one way tickets. That is not going to happen.

Why?

Unfortunately when a cruise is booked as 2 separate bookings with 2 booking numbers there is no way around it AFAIK.

I've been waiting to see how this works. We have a B2B2B booked this coming winter. I've been hoping that, when we get within the specified number of days from the end of the third cruise we can then book round trip flights. As the third segment doesn't disembark until December 13 I still have a while to wait so see if this works. I find it funny that the first segment says I don't need to book a return flight as the cruise returns to my "home port". Melbourne is definitely not my "home port" but all three segments sail from there. We have a 6 day, a 13 day, and a 14 day. Each starts and ends in Melbourne with no time in between.

If you are using Princess Insurance you are better off booking the EZAir to and from with ‘correct’ sailings.  Your air coverage is tied to the sailing it is purchased with.

Also, with EZAir there is not much benefit to purchasing RT vs. one-way as there is when booking directly with the airlines.  (It’s more like Southwest where buying one way or round trip is the same price per leg.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I've been waiting to see how this works. We have a B2B2B booked this coming winter. I've been hoping that, when we get within the specified number of days from the end of the third cruise we can then book round trip flights. As the third segment doesn't disembark until December 13 I still have a while to wait so see if this works. I find it funny that the first segment says I don't need to book a return flight as the cruise returns to my "home port". Melbourne is definitely not my "home port" but all three segments sail from there. We have a 6 day, a 13 day, and a 14 day. Each starts and ends in Melbourne with no time in between.

You will have to wait until the return flight home is available by the airline to book from my experience.

10 hours ago, phabric said:

Thank you for your answer.

I know I can not book until Sept.  I want to be prepared as I have 3 cabins booked to look after.

I want to see if others have had to book 2 one way tickets as it is 2 separate cruises and  booking number

In reality, you can book your first flight before everyone else who have booked the b2b as one.

I do not believe the 2 one ways will cost anymore.

11 hours ago, phabric said:

I can tell you from recent personal experience that if you book a r/t under one of the voyages and end up cancelling the 2nd voyage due to a trip interruption (death in family in our case) and have to return home, the cost of the return flight WILL NOT be considered in the cost basis of the 2nd cruise and therefore will reduce the amount of expenses incurred to get home or elsewhere that will be reimbursed. 

Also as the first cruise is the one with the flights booked and was not “interrupted” you can’t claim any of the cost against that cruise. 

This is important since the total cost of a cruise and flights is the max you can claim should the trip be interrupted. This happened to us in March while down under for two voyages. Try buying hotel rooms, rentals cars and airline tickets to fly one way to the USA while overseas for a flight the next day and see how fast you max out your covered amount, especially if original flights don’t count towards cost basis. 

We were allowed to book r/t under one cruise but I didn’t understand the consequences of doing so.  

Just FYI 

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 2