Difference Between C1, C2, and C3 Cabins

SCGirl3211

Have always wondered what the difference between the various categories inside of a particular cabin type mean.  Is it location only or other particulars?  Also which is the higher grade cabin C1 or C3?  I also never can tell by looking at the deck plans what the cabin level is (1,2, or 3).  Any help there is appreciated.  

So this is for the Equinox....

C1 is the Concierge Sunset Veranda.. Deck 9,10,11 and 12 I believe

C2 is Concierge Deck 9,10,11, and 12  includes  cabins on the SLANTs of the HUMP

C3 is Concierge Deck 9 or 10

Higher grade cabin depends on what you like.  Many would say C1, as they like the back of the ship.   For me, I prefer a C2

• Like 1

The difference is location. C1 cabins are aft facing and are the highest price and are not eligible to the 1 category Captains Club upgrade. C2 cabins are usually midship and middle ranged in price and C3's are forward and aft (not aft facing) and the lowest price. The cabins are the same inside. C1s have larger balconies, some C2s (on the slant of the hump on S-class ships) have larger balconies as well. You can visit cruisedeckplans.com to see which cabins are which. It has all ships on all major cruise lines.

• Like 1

On the S Class ships the difference is only location.  On the M Class ships the C1 on the very aft have larger balconies.  On the S & M class there is no difference in the actual cabin size, or décor.

C1 is the highest level Conciegre cabin. 

The category of cabin (C1,C2, etc) aren't visible when booking on the Celebrity site.

If you go to the Celebrity home page, select ships you will find deck plans for all the ships and the cabin categories are color coded so you can see which is which.

• Like 1

Following up on what @jelayne said, I would never do even a dummy booking without having the Celebrity site's deck plans open in another tab to refer to. I've no idea why they don't include the cabin categories on the booking pages as it's such an important bit of information.

• Like 1

C2 Balcony Comfort, Concierge Class, deck 9-12, midships/stern,
C1 Balcony Comfort, Concierge Class, deck 9-12, stern,
C3 Balcony Comfort, Concierge Class, deck 9-10, bow/stern,

Above from a European site which explains Concierge S class locations (and available cabins for each ship).  All cabins and MOST balconies are same size.

C1 on the hump and aft; 

C2 on the slant and side aft; 

C3 in between C1 and C2

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Like 1

M class CC and AQ cabins are ~ 20 sq ft larger than standard verandah cabins.   C1, C2, C3 cabins are the same size on the cabin interiors.   Only exception I know is that the C1's on deck 6 are just slightly wider, a bit more space between the end of the bed and the TV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

M class are bigger by 20 sq ft aren't they?

The M-class Concierge and Aqua cabins are 20 sq. ft. bigger than regular verandah cabins. The C1,2,and 3 cabins are all the same interior size.

Oops I didn't see the post above. I should have just said "ditto."

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1