Nightlights

Jlhalldc

What are "tea lights" and how do you get them?   I find nightlights extremely useful...and ours won't work on 110v.  We will be in the US for a week before our cruise and I am sure we could find tea lights IF I know what to look for!!!  (and how they work)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

What are "tea lights" and how do you get them?   I find nightlights extremely useful...and ours won't work on 110v.  We will be in the US for a week before our cruise and I am sure we could find tea lights IF I know what to look for!!!  (and how they work)

I believe what they are talking about are battery powered "candles".

• Like 1

And to give a little more information, we just spent 32 nights on Voyager. We always bring the battery powered tea lights, but we had the wide version of a penthouse suite, and didn't need to use them. If we left both the window curtains and the sliding door curtains open when we went to bed, there was enough light from the outside of the ship to find the bathroom door, and the bathroom switch was lighted to turn it on. Rooms will be different on different ships, so we always bring the lights just in case.

• Like 1

317lu1LdW9L.jpg

Battery Tea light from Amazon

Note: small plug in night lites will not work in the bathroom Shaver outlet because, while they will fit in the socket, the power to the outlet is hooked up to the light switch.

Amazon also has rechargeable tea lights. This is what we have, as the recharger is small than batteries.

J

• Like 1

We buy the small battery type candles, some for the entry area and the bathroom.  They make them with timers, but for the bathroom we set them on the on button.  This way when you open the door to your suite you have light, and the bathroom we put a few new the door and inside the bathroom.  One thing, if you pack them in your suitcase be sure to pack them on top because when they go thur X-ray it can trigger a open you case to check.  Also don't take them out of the package-it's easter for them to see what they are.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gnomie1 said:

But there are no plugs in the locations I want a night light..like hallway to bathroom by step up to bathroom. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We were on on Octobet/November and don't remember any nightlights.   Tea lights are the best bet

I just looked at the virtual tour of the verandah cabin, and the shelf that I remember the nightlight being under isn't there. Sorry, I must have confused Navigator with another ship. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I just looked at the virtual tour of the verandah cabin, and the shelf that I remember the nightlight being under isn't there. Sorry, I must have confused Navigator with another ship. 

If I remember correctly, you are referring to the Explorer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gnomie1 said:

If I remember correctly, you are referring to the Explorer

Where's the night light on the Explorer?  We were just on last month in an F2.  Don't remember seeing one

Edited by Kwaj girl

4 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Where's the night light on the Explorer?  We were just on last month in an F2.  Don't remember seeing one

I may be thinking of the wrong ship, but I thought it was the Explorer that had a nightlight under the shelf in the bathroom

We use "battery lights for closets," of which you can find many different ones on Amazon.  Ours take 3 AAA batteries.  We bring just one light and 6 rechargeable batteries.  We bring the battery charger anyway for mouse and flashlight batteries.  These LED lights are much brighter than the tea lights, and you can turn ours on and off by pressing on the domed top.  There is no flame-shaped light bulb sticking out of the top to get broken, and no need to bring a supply of disposable batteries.  It sits on a shelf inside the bathroom door where it is easy to find and turn on in the dark or with the hallway night light (at least on Crystal, but hopefully on Regent also) and provides just the right amount of light for us not to need the regular lights in the bathroom.  If we forget to turn it off when leaving the room, we just get to recharge it sooner, but normally one set of batteries will last a week or so.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 4:56 PM, Kwaj girl said:

On 1/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, gnomie1 said:

I may be thinking of the wrong ship, but I thought it was the Explorer that had a nightlight under the shelf in the bathroom

On Explorer in the F2 (and I assume most other cabins) there is a downward facing nightlight in the hallway just above the bathroom door.  It's controlled by a rocker switch on either side of the bed (the one with the tiny blue LED in it) so you can click it on at night, walk to the bathroom and back with some light, and then switch it off once you're back in bed.  The blue LED in the switch helps ensure you don't crank on the reading light or recessed bed lights by mistake.

It's a really nice feature that a lot of people don't know about.

• Like 1