No VIFP number because under 13

phoneman69

We took our kids on 2 cruises when they were younger. My son was under 13 on both cruises. we are taking a family cruise in Sept and my son is the only one with out a valid VIFP account number. Can i get him a VIFP number and claim the 2 back cruises ? i have both of his room key cards and they say Master First name last name on them as proof. I guess i just don't want him to have a Blue card were he has already cruised with Carnival.

If he has cruised, he should have a VIFP number and be accumulating status. My kids have had them since they were 2 and 4 and I didn't do anything special to sign them up. They are currently gold.

So you couldn't sign him up online? My kids have vifp numbers and have since they were 7 and 8. Call if that is what it takes. I could care less about the color of the card. I want my kids to be able to reach platinum and diamond, if they so choose, earlier in their lives so they can enjoy boarding early, etc. 

Worth a try. Sign him up for the VIFP club on the Carnival.com website. Once in there, you can "Claim Past Cruise". Submit the info along with pictures of the cards and you should be good to go. I was able to claim a cruise from 1991 with nothing more than a picture of us on the gangway. 

15 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I guess i just don't want him to have a Blue card were he has already cruised with Carnival.

I can understand wanting to get him credit in case he continues cruising throughout his life and accumulates the points, but what is wrong with him having a Blue card? No shame in that.

34 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I can understand wanting to get him credit in case he continues cruising throughout his life and accumulates the points, but what is wrong with him having a Blue card? No shame in that.

My grandson had a blue card last cruise... one kid with a gold card was actually bugging him about it. I explained what the colors meant and he was cool about it- he told me that it just meant that the other kid had a blue card once! He's excited that he'll get a red card on his cruise in May!

So yes, there's nothing wrong with it, but OP should still follow up to ensure he's being credited accordingly.

9 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

My grandson had a blue card last cruise... one kid with a gold card was actually bugging him about it. I explained what the colors meant and he was cool about it- he told me that it just meant that the other kid had a blue card once! He's excited that he'll get a red card on his cruise in May!

So yes, there's nothing wrong with it, but OP should still follow up to ensure he's being credited accordingly.

Unfortunately, too many people forget that they were new once too. Including adults.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

We took our kids on 2 cruises when they were younger. My son was under 13 on both cruises. we are taking a family cruise in Sept and my son is the only one with out a valid VIFP account number. Can i get him a VIFP number and claim the 2 back cruises ? i have both of his room key cards and they say Master First name last name on them as proof. I guess i just don't want him to have a Blue card were he has already cruised with Carnival.

Maybe it was different back then since all cruisers now are assigned a VIFP number

Everyone should get the proper credit for the cruises they have done.  I didn't start cruising until I was 35 yrs old and I didn't even pay attention to the colors of sail and sign cards or even knew there was such a color ranking thing at the time.  I simply just enjoyed the heck out of it and introduced my fiancee to cruising 2 years later and she was 32 on her first.  I consider our daughter, who is 9, very lucky to be doing and seeing more than her parents did at her age.

I dealt with this issue recently. I took my daughter on a Mexican Riviera Cruise when she was 19 in 2000. We are taking a family cruise on the Vista Easter week and her previous cruise was not in the system. I called and the agent searched but could not find a record of the cruise or VIFP account for her. She instructed me to send an e-mail with documentation to guestsolutionssupport@carnival.com explaining my problem

I sent them a pic of us boarding the Elation that included the sail date and included the booking number for the cruise. Also a family wedding pic as she is married now and has a different last name which probably wasn’t necessary. They responded in a couple of days telling to me to sign her up for VIFP online and then e-mail them her new #. When I did that I also filled out the missing cruise form and e-mailed her VIFP number. Within a few hours they credited the cruise to my daughters account.

i think you can sign your son up for VIFP online, fill out the credit for past cruise form and that should take care of it. If not, e-mail customer support. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!