Clever Loyalty change no-one has noticed has already happened

compman9

We moved to Diamond Plus for our last cruise and spotted a subtle but noticeable difference on our card

It has been mentioned elsewhere, but there is just a little (hardly noticeable) cross instead of a PLUS next to the word Diamond

As we received increased benefits I was interested to see what they were, and in doing so I saw that their are two more subtle tiers before Pinnacle, with slightly improved additional benefits

Now most know all of this and Royal are perfectly open about it, but what they appear to have done is effectively add three clearly identifiable tiers between Diamond and Pinnacle just by losing the word 'Plus' on cards while coinciding the removal of access to the Suite/Pinnacle Lounge

Lots of people have speculated about Diamonds being relegated to just three drink vouchers etc., and I can't help but wonder if this is a potential gateway to this, so it then becomes something like this:

Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond+, Diamond++, Diamond+++, Pinnacle

Just a thought

It's been almost a year and half since the change to small font and the "+" that came with it.  I don't see them adding more tiers (or + marks).  I can see benefits being adjusted, but not more levels.

The small extra perks at the 340/350 and 525 level have existed for a while now, assigning them an extra "+"  achieves nothing.

With the removal of CL's over time they are melting D+ more into D.  Getting rid of of "PLUS" and replacing it with "+"  is consistent with that end.  "You have to squint to see the +, you are still just a Diamond" is how I interpreted it.

Or maybe it's just a bean counter that figured less ink over millions of cards saves $100.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just got this email. Diamond+ kicked out of CL.

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your upcoming sailing. As Crown &Anchor Society Diamond Plus members, we especially value your patronage of Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this opportunity to respond to any concerns.

The Concierge Lounge is now only available to the Pinnacle members and Diamond and Diamond Plus members will now have exclusive rights to the Diamond Club. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for allowing me to address this concern. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Sean Stewart
Royal Guest Experience Management

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

The Concierge Lounge is now only available to the Pinnacle members and Diamond and Diamond Plus members will now have exclusive rights to the Diamond Club. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

So does that mean that Pinnacles are getting kicked out of the Diamond Club?

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your upcoming sailing. As Crown &Anchor Society Diamond Plus members, we especially value your patronage of Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this opportunity to respond to any concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to address this concern. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Sean Stewart

So what’s your point? That’s not fleet wide. It is sailing dependent based on how many D+ are on that sailing. Happened to us last year on a transatlantic also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

So what’s your point? That’s not fleet wide. It is sailing dependent based on how many D+ are on that sailing. Happened to us last year on a transatlantic also.

It is fleet wide and has been reported on many ships that still have CL and not SL. 

I am on Serenade right now and we are not doing a TA or TP and have lost access to CL.  I have been sailing Serenade the past 3 years at the same time and has only started this year.

20200111_205741.jpg

Edited by frank808
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, frank808 said:

It is fleet wide and has been reported on many ships that still have CL and not SL.

I disagree. I believe it’s still sailing dependent. I’ve seen nothing that proves D+ no longer has access to any CL. If you have such proof, please share it.

1 minute ago, blackshirt said:

I disagree. I believe it’s still sailing dependent. I’ve seen nothing that proves D+ no longer has access to any CL. If you have such proof, please share it.

Definitely not allowed on Anthem  

12 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Sincerely,

Sean Stewart

Glad they are rewarding D+ being loyal members by taking away something!  And his reply that D and D+ have exclusive use of the DL is not true as P are also welcomed.  What a way of trying to put a positive spin.  I call this politician talk.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

The multiple reports on many ships and the letter that was posted certainly makes it appear that it is a fleet wide change. The old letters used to specifically say it was for that sailing only doe to high levels of upper loyalty members.

• Like 1

Interesting.  Because of the wording of the letter I thought the same thing.  Could Pinns no longer be allowed in D lounge?   Just speculation, of course, but would be a way of controlling overcrowding in D lounge.  My only concern would be the location of the lounges.  The location of the CL/SL on Anthem would be difficult for one of my family members.  Time will tell.  I get the feeling Royal is trying to figure out an effective way to control numbers.  

On another note - Happy football day.  Who will be going to the Super Bowl??

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

With the removal of CL's over time they are melting D+ more into D.  Getting rid of of "PLUS" and replacing it with "+"  is consistent with that end.  "You have to squint to see the +, you are still just a Diamond" is how I interpreted it.

Next rumor:  Diamond will become D- (minus).  🙄

• Haha 6

I honestly think the “Diamond+“ vs “Diamond Plus” was just a design change when the ships moves to the new style seapass cards. We first saw the + on the Harmony inaugural a few years back and have seen it on all ships with the new cards since. On the ships with the old style card (Liberty, Explorer, Freedom, etc.) we have recently seen the spelled out word a at the bottom. It may be innocent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Read the letter that the person received from C&A that you replied to.  It clearly states it and you do not believe it.  Please post proof that D+ members have access to CL.

I am currently CRUISING Serenade and have been banned from CL for my cruises into Feb.  Same reports from cruisers on Grandeur, Anthem, Enchantment, etc have gotten letters stating the same.

Edited by frank808
  • Like 4