Clever Loyalty change no-one has noticed has already happened

compman9

17 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Why should that matter? Expand the lounge so they don’t have to kick people out. They take away public space and add cabins every drydock, why not expand the lounge 🤷‍♂️?

Because Royal makes money on cabin but loses (spends) money on loyalty lounges.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is that for check in or boarding. 

Just disembarked Jewel. That was for check-in, boarding was same for everyone- we checked in and boarded straight away at about 10.30am

Oh, and we had Diamond plus spelled out on our seapass card

Edited by Bobal

11 hours ago, little britain said:

The other change is now no more segregated priority boarding line for D and D+.  All lumped together with all levels... on some cruises everyone on the ship can be a C&A member = no benefit.  

I fail to see how this is a money saver. 

I think you are confusing boarding with security. D and D+ still get priority boarding and dedicated check in lines at most ports, they just don’t have a separate line at security. The only port I’ve been to that didn’t have dedicated lines is Cape Liberty. They had no lines at all, just roving agents with tablets but they also don’t provide your sea pass cards at checkin.

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

D+ getting kicked out of the CL started this month across the fleet - first with the "overcrowding" e-mails and now it seems with replacing the CL sign with an SL one.

Biker, who wonders why RCI even bothered with the e-mail scheme.

I plan on carrying printed signs to that effect on our Ovation cruise in Sept just in case.  

12 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not during DST. Doesn’t get totally dark until nearly 2100. 

And if overrated, why so many P’s get there early for them?

If its dark already I do like sitting there as a  lookout for Somali pirate (you are all welcome) 

Edited by Tulsacoker
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Give it two more pages and we will be on the topic of the merits of tipping 

Post #41 on page 2 already touched upon tipping. Surprised it didn't gain much traction. Let's see if I can nudge it along, in the interest of keeping a spirited discussion going.

18 hours ago, frank808 said:

Quiet a few P "slumming" it in the DL and VCL.  CL on Serenade has been pretty empty this cruise.  Feel sorry for Mario, bartenders and servers as they are losing put on tips.  

Depending on which of the 27+ different tipping theories are correct, all bartenders share in the tip pool -  even cash tips handed directly to the bartender are supposed to be pooled according to one theory - so Mario and all will get the same amount of money no matter if they serve one customer or 100 customers.

Again, this is based on the many tipping theories discussed here on CC. Not sure which is correct. I certainly do not want to start any false rumors. 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Depending on which of the 27+ different tipping theories are correct, all bartenders share in the tip pool -  even cash tips handed directly to the bartender are supposed to be pooled according to one theory - so Mario and all will get the same amount of money no matter if they serve one customer or 100 customers.

Well......now that you broached the topic, what does everyone feel (pros and cons) on tipping the staff in the lounge either per drink, per night or at the end of the cruise. See @Joebucks 

• Haha 1

Tip at the end of the cruise unless you are an expert in the dollar bill hand off technique

A lot of Americans have developed an expertise in this, whereas non-Americans like myself fumble with their dollars, are not sure at what stage of the drink transfer to give the tip, at the time, a second afterwards, should it be a dollar each drink every time? What if I miss one? It's a minefield 

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Tip at the end of the cruise unless you are an expert in the dollar bill hand off technique

A lot of Americans have developed an expertise in this, whereas non-Americans like myself fumble with their dollars, are not sure at what stage of the drink transfer to give the tip, at the time, a second afterwards, should it be a dollar each drink every time? What if I miss one? It's a minefield 

🤣🤣🤣

Easy - when receive your drink tip

2 hours ago, squadron said:

Easy - when receive your drink tip

I am always amazed, on a cruise where you are supposed to be cashless, people intentionally stuff dollars bills in their pockets.  Do you bring your wallet too, so you can make a big show of digging your dollar bill out and presenting it to the server.  We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago, we got excellent service from 1 of the wait staff in the DL, and so so service from the others.  They were not bad, but they didn’t anticipate my needs and desires and one did.  The last night I gave that server a 20.  I don’t care how many people try to shame me, I will not be doling out a $ each and everytime I get a free drink in the lounge.  I am not going to open the safe and pull out my stack of dollar bills, I am not going to a strip club.  JMHO and YMMV

jc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am always amazed, on a cruise where you are supposed to be cashless, people intentionally stuff dollars bills in their pockets.  Do you bring your wallet too, so you can make a big show of digging your dollar bill out and presenting it to the server.  We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago, we got excellent service from 1 of the wait staff in the DL, and so so service from the others.  They were not bad, but they didn’t anticipate my needs and desires and one did.  The last night I gave that server a 20.  I don’t care how many people try to shame me, I will not be doling out a $ each and everytime I get a free drink in the lounge.  I am not going to open the safe and pull out my stack of dollar bills, I am not going to a strip club.  JMHO and YMMV

jc

Don't worry- you are not the only one who does the exact same thing.  And we are American's too.  

Other than the last night, we NEVER carry cash around.

Back to my previous post- for those who are offended, or really mad, or want to take your frustration out of someone, please, please, please cancel your cruise!!!!  That's the best of the best way to decrease the crowd.

Edited by alfaeric

12 minutes ago, Dunfer said:

Regarding the CL’s, I just got off Brilliance last week. Was welcomed into the CL several times during the cruise as a Diamond Plus. No problems. So, it is not (yet) fleet wide.

It has to be fleet wide!  People are saying it is so.  🤣

On the other side, I tend to sail on the ships with a CL when there are large numbers of C&A members, so I expect the individual sailings to be more and more affected because of the growing numbers.  I will be on the TA on the Anthem in November, I fully expect that I will not be allowed into the CL, just like last year on the TransPacific sailing on the Ovation.  I am ok with this.  I know, I suck. 😂

I am more concerned about finding a way to eliminate the people from the flowrider line.

jc

• Haha 3