OBC from your TA

Briggs99

1 minute ago, Briggs99 said:

In 20 cruises we used a TA for the very first time.  Will the OBC magically appear on our account once We board the ship? 

It sometimes takes a couple of days for the TA OBC to show on your account. 

In the 8 cruises I have sailed with my T/A, and another is booked for Nov. only once did we not get T/A OBC. An email after the cruise to the T/A and a week later a check for the missing OBC. Between her great prices and customer service this is why I keep booking with her

2 hours ago, hawk/hornfan said:

In the 8 cruises I have sailed with my T/A, and another is booked for Nov. only once did we not get T/A OBC. An email after the cruise to the T/A and a week later a check for the missing OBC. Between her great prices and customer service this is why I keep booking with her

We’ve done 20+ cruises with our online travel agency.Several years ago, after three days, we hadn’t received our obc, so we sent her an e-mail asking where it was. When we got home, there was a hand written letter from the owner deeply apologizing for the mistake and a check for the obc plus $50 for the inconvenience it caused. The one and only time there was even a hint of a problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

I’ll be curious if I get something this time around. Booked my second cruise in a year with this TA. 

We have always booked with TAs and we have always known exactly how much OBC we were getting, whether or not it was refundable and had written confirmation from the TA.  While most OBC from a TA is refundable occasionally OBC from a TA is non-refundable when it is joint marketing incentive between the TA and Celebrity.

Just now, jelayne said:

We have always booked with TAs and we have always known exactly how much OBC we were getting, whether or not it was refundable and had written confirmation from the TA.  While most OBC from a TA is refundable occasionally OBC from a TA is non-refundable when it is joint marketing incentive between the TA and Celebrity.

How does it work with the cruise line when you have two types of OBC  refundable and non-refundable? The OBC we have from our TA is refundable ($125) and OBC from the "perk" ($300) - which money is spent first?  Ideally we would like to get the $125 TA credit back and use it to pay for parking!

Hope my question makes send

14 minutes ago, PBTravelBug said:

How does it work with the cruise line when you have two types of OBC  refundable and non-refundable? The OBC we have from our TA is refundable ($125) and OBC from the "perk" ($300) - which money is spent first?  Ideally we would like to get the $125 TA credit back and use it to pay for parking!

They use the non refundable first. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PBTravelBug said:

your question makes perfect sense  All OBN (non refundable) is used first and when it is exhausted they will begin using OBR (refundable)  any OBN left at the end of the cruise vanishes and all OBR is credited back to your credit card on file.  You can also ask for your unused OBR in cash on the last day of the cruise from Guest Services.  Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

There is usually a card in our stateroom when we arrive saying that our TA has gifted us $.   On our last cruise in October there was no card.   I waited a few days to see if it would show on our accounts (two rooms), and then went to guest services, where they called the TA and then added the money to our accounts.   I did have my paperwork to confirm this, but it was not needed.

12 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

I’ll be curious if I get something this time around. Booked my second cruise in a year with this TA. 

When checking prices with my TA I always ask how much extra OBC she is going to give us.

Yes it will automatically show up on your account approximately 2nd or 3rd day.  Most OBC' from agents are refundable so if you don't use then it will be credited back to your credit card.

FYI -  for best deal I usually book aboard and ask the reservation not be applied to my current TA.   I then contact a couple TA's I use and ask what they will offer for the booking. 

• Like 2