Queen Elizabeth upsets Auckland ferry commuters .

Auckland ferry commuter chaos: Who is to blame?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12302255

More problems for Auckland . Have not heard of this happening before, as far as I know there is plenty of room for everyone.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

I guess it's similar to Sydney's Circular Quay, perhaps not as wide though. There are restrictions there as to when cruise ships are allowed to arrive and depart and it seems to work OK. 

Auckland harbour is a bit trickier than Sydney though so that might add to the problem but it sounds like Fullers could be doing a bit of a beat-up.

As a cruise ship passenger and occasional air traveller to Auckland, I bring lots of $ to the Auckland economy - including to Fullers (I enjoy catching the ferry across to Devonport and Waiheke and have also done their harbour cruise).  If a cruise ship is late and impacts on local commuters I doubt it is intentional.  

5 minutes ago, lucymorgan said:

As a cruise ship passenger and occasional air traveller to Auckland, I bring lots of $ to the Auckland economy - including to Fullers (I enjoy catching the ferry across to Devonport and Waiheke and have also done their harbour cruise).  If a cruise ship is late and impacts on local commuters I doubt it is intentional.  

or substantial.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It is a shame people had their lives ruined but hey if their life is ruined by being held up by 10 minutes, then perhaps they are too highly strung.

Snowflakes.  Perhaps the Speights has affected their brains.

Edited by NSWP

42 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The JAFFA’s strike again.  ⛴😇

Despite travelling to NZ for business & pleasure for best part of 20 years, I only fairly recently learned of this acronym. I guess I have now been to NZ enough for the locals to let me in on the secret:-)

That said, almost everyone I have met in Auckland claims family links to ChCh, or at least Canterbury.

50 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Only sophisticated south islanders can really enjoy the Speight's experience.

Travelling to NZ, such a small country, I have been very surprised at the regionalness of beers. Recently I was talking with a friend from Ashburton (south of Christchurch) about this & how I think I tried to order the wrong beer when I was on West Coast of Sth Island last year, as the barman gave me a 'look'. I can't recall what I tried to order. My friend said "yes, that would be right, they are a different breed on the West Coast" 🙂

6 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Travelling to NZ, such a small country, I have been very surprised at the regionalness of beers. Recently I was talking with a friend from Ashburton (south of Christchurch) about this & how I think I tried to order the wrong beer when I was on West Coast of Sth Island last year, as the barman gave me a 'look'. I can't recall what I tried to order. My friend said "yes, that would be right, they are a different breed on the West Coast" 🙂

West coast would be a Montieth's I suppose.

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

West coast would be a Montieth's I suppose.

Not sure now, I just went with what he gave me. It was in Haast, and I just wanted a beer with my whitebait fritter - luckily I knew what food to order 🙂

• Like 1