charge for room service on Celebrity when did this start

smith6

They implemented that about a year ago (late night) but i believe it is waived for suites -  I may be wrong.   I've never used myself.

They also do charge a surcharge for a number of premium items on room service menu

And I didn’t think they charge for breakfast unless it’s something special on the menu listing a charge. I could be wrong, I’ve been in Concierge the last few years so may have it free for that.....I know I get some extra’s for breakfast beyond the standard menu with Concierge. 

Den

From what I remember they also have those items on the Room Service Menu.  Really doesn't matter unless you want those specific add on items.   

You are correct I think I went off topic.    The only charge I know about for room service besides the premium items is the fee for Late Night Dining (between certain times). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Denny01 said:

And I didn’t think they charge for breakfast unless it’s something special on the menu listing a charge. I could be wrong, I’ve been in Concierge the last few years so may have it free for that.....I know I get some extra’s for breakfast beyond the standard menu with Concierge. 

Den

You are correct. Concierge and above do have expanded room service menus, but during daytime hours 6-11 room service is free except for the extra charge items that are indicated.  During the overnight hours there's a $4.95 fee for all orders (if extra fee items are ordered the $4.95 is added to the cost).

can you order things off menu?  I love eggs benedict for breakfast, (I see crab cake benedict on the premium-I am talking about the everyday eggs benedict)...could I order that, or will they charge me?  Do they allow ordering off the MDR menu?

47 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

can you order things off menu?  I love eggs benedict for breakfast, (I see crab cake benedict on the premium-I am talking about the everyday eggs benedict)...could I order that, or will they charge me?  Do they allow ordering off the MDR menu?

I think it depends on your cabin choice.

2 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

........... Do they allow ordering off the MDR menu?

You can order room service lunch or dinner from the MDR menu, but it will be delivered to you only during certain times while they are serving that meal in the MDR. 

If you ask your stateroom attendant (or butler, if you have one) for a copy of the MDR menu for the meal you want in advance, you can just mark the items you want on it, which is easier than trying to write out a list from memory.

There is no charge, (except for any items that may be marked as extra charge on the menu), although it is customary to tip for meals that are delivered to your room.

After the "revolution" our sky suite no longer had an inside table, so we needed to bring in the table from the balcony to eat inside, or else eat out on the balcony.

Edited by varoo
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 9:42 PM, nyc2pdx said:

can you order things off menu?  I love eggs benedict for breakfast, (I see crab cake benedict on the premium-I am talking about the everyday eggs benedict)...could I order that, or will they charge me?  

They show prices on the menu for extra charge items.

You can  try writing in things you want that are not listed on the menu, and you may or may not get them.

For example, how you want your eggs cooked, or extra ketchup, or what flavor yogurt or type of bread you prefer, or asking them to leave something off that would normally be included.

When we want yogurt for breakfast, we  typically list a couple of yogurt flavor choices on our breakfast menu and almost always receive one or the other.

They will sometimes call you if they have questions about your order.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, varoo said:

You can order room service lunch or dinner from the MDR menu, but it will be delivered to you only during certain times while they are serving that meal in the MDR. 

If you ask your stateroom attendant (or butler, if you have one) for a copy of the MDR menu for the meal you want in advance, you can just mark the items you want on it, which is easier than trying to write out a list from memory.

There is no charge, (except for any items that may be marked as extra charge on the menu), although it is customary to tip for meals that are delivered to your room.

After the "revolution" our sky suite no longer had an inside table, so we needed to bring in the table from the balcony to eat inside, or else eat out on the balcony.

Is this for any category of cabin, that you can order the food from MDR?