Moveover Offer --- Need help ASAP

Italy52

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Was yours to move down to a lower category of cabin on the same cruise?  I am curious if Princess seems to be doing more of these offers.

Yes, full refund of cruise fare to refundable OBC  if we would give up our balcony and move to an inside cabin. 

Edited by jeno

10 minutes ago, jeno said:

Yes, full refund of cruise fare to refundable OBC  if we would give up our balcony and move to an inside cabin. 

I'd do that.  We normally book Inside, so wouldn't bother me.  Nice deal.  IMO, better than a true move-over as your travel plan is not disrupted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Same offer.  Unfortunately, it is no longer available. 

For future reference, do not email but call .. leave a message.  If you don't hear back, don't leave another message but see if they pick up.  

I've waited and waited to get one of these offers and finally did.  I immediately called and accepted the offer .... mine was a move over to another sailing but for a cruise where I got my fare back in refundable obc, I'd have jumped on that as well.  I took an actual move over ... felt like I won the lottery!  Act quickly if you get another one of these offers.  I have my fingers crossed for you!  Bon Voyage ... have a great cruise.   

25 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

For future reference, do not email but call .. leave a message.  If you don't hear back, don't leave another message but see if they pick up.  

I've waited and waited to get one of these offers and finally did.  I immediately called and accepted the offer .... mine was a move over to another sailing but for a cruise where I got my fare back in refundable obc, I'd have jumped on that as well.  I took an actual move over ... felt like I won the lottery!  Act quickly if you get another one of these offers.  I have my fingers crossed for you!  Bon Voyage ... have a great cruise.   

Unfortunately, we could not phone as no telephone number was given.  The instructions were to email the Princess person as the offer was only available through the email --- this is one of the reasons we were were not sure if it was a legit offer and the reason for my initial post.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The calls seem to be the required response only for true moveover offers.  The ones that say moveover but are really movedowns where the guest is staying on the  same sailing seem to be email only responses.

Sorry you didn't get it, Italy52!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Unfortunately, we could not phone as no telephone number was given.  The instructions were to email the Princess person as the offer was only available through the email --- this is one of the reasons we were were not sure if it was a legit offer and the reason for my initial post.

The odd thing is that they did this 2x. They could have just contacted those who responded yesterday and offered today's offer to them.

Edited by Coral

10 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The calls seem to be the required response only for true moveover offers.  The ones that say moveover but are really movedowns where the guest is staying on the  same sailing seem to be email only responses.

Sorry you didn't get it, Italy52!

Aha ... I didn't know that.  thanks 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

The odd thing is that they did this 2x. They could have just contacted those who responded yesterday and offered today's offer to them.

You would think.  Got our hopes up for nothing.  Looked at the Princess website and it now shows the ship is sold out.   Oh well.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

You would think.  Got our hopes up for nothing.  Looked at the Princess website and it now shows the ship is sold out.   Oh well.

Now is the time to be on the lookout for a true MOVE OVER offer ... to another cruise.... if there is time before you sail.  

8 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Now is the time to be on the lookout for a true MOVE OVER offer ... to another cruise.... if there is time before you sail.  

Unfortunately, we leave for the airport in a few hours and our sail date is today. 

12 hours ago, Coral said:

We were just given the Move Over offer that was really a Move Down.  It also came by email.  One of my friends received it twice.  Before they answered her first response, they sent it again. 

For some reason these Royal Princess Mexico cruises seem to have a lot of overbooking, with lots of move-down and move--over offers going out.  I just got back from the cruise I moved to after taking a move-over from a 5 night sailing at the end of November, and I've seen a lot of these sailing full.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 10:49 AM, Vexorg said:

For some reason these Royal Princess Mexico cruises seem to have a lot of overbooking, with lots of move-down and move--over offers going out.  I just got back from the cruise I moved to after taking a move-over from a 5 night sailing at the end of November, and I've seen a lot of these sailing full.

I'm also booked on one of these 7 night sailings in April.  I would take a move down or move over offer again in a heart beat!!  I hope my travel agent will be on the ball if this comes my way.  

On 2/2/2020 at 11:15 AM, voljeep said:

I'm fully expecting a true " move-over " offer on our little 5 day Thanksgiving cruise

Glass ALWAYS half full !! 🤑 🥃 🍺 🍷

In that case, I sure hope you get one!!  That's a very popular time for those short cruises...I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:35 PM, Cruise Raider said:

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

In that case, I sure hope you get one!!  That's a very popular time for those short cruises...I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  

got a potential already scoped out … 7 day on Enchanted - Eastern Carib, leaving a couple of days later 🚢

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

got a potential already scoped out … 7 day on Enchanted - Eastern Carib, leaving a couple of days later 🚢

Smart Move!! 

That's what I now do with all my Princess bookings ... have an acceptable alternative in mind just in case.   I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2