Onboard Tips

kmezz

It is not mandatory to give anything extra. If you got service you expected, then auto tips are just fine. If you feel they gave you over and above service, then it’s really your own decision. Some people will give and extra $20, $40, or even $100. 

• Like 1

I'm not being sarcastic, but how much would you like to give them?  It's entirely up to you.  Some people are a little more generous than others, but at the end, it's what you feel you'd like to give.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Agree with the other responses. Absolutely no need to give more unless you want to. We usually choose anytime dining so end up with different wait staff more nights. If we do end up with different staff every night we don’t tip extra. If we end up in the same servers section several nights and they go above and beyond in service we would tip extra. Totally up to you.

There is NO need to tip additionally, unless you feel the service is worth SO much more than you've already been charged on a daily basis.

The tips they charge to your account (or prepay, if you do it that way) cover all your waiters, ass't waiters, and head waiter, PLUS your cabin attendant.  You're done.....all's good.

I leave the prepaid/automatic tips in place.  I do, however, feel that anyone cleaning a toilet for a living deserves a few extra dollars.

If I have a dining team for most of the cruise, the assistant waiter gets the same tip as the head waiter.  Why- the assistant does most of the running, iced tea service, salad, dish clearing.  

i have noticed that some cruise line servers expect that extra tip - others don’t stand around long enough to collect a tip.