Tux rentals on RC ships

Hello

i was wondering if anybody has rented a tuxedo on any of the ships?

Do all ships rent them?

i was going to rent one at men’s warehouse but they only do 6 days and after that the price is rental and a half cost. Since we are doing a back to back we will be gone for a total of 9 1/2 days (11 before I can rerun it) before I could return it. Total rental cost for everything would be like almost $375. 

I really don’t want to spend that much and I heard the ships charge is only around $99 and u don’t have to worry about transporting it on and off the ship!!

any help would be amazing!

thanks in advance!!

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The company that rented tuxs on cruise ships is no longer n business.

That must be very recent because I was able to rent a tux on Freedom in Nov 2019 and the web page to order still seems to be active.  So convenient to open the closet in the stateroom on day 1 and see it hanging there.  If it's gone, I'll miss it.

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

8 minutes ago, James4me said:

Due to the answers you received that the tux rental is out of business should clue you in that you don’t need a tux for dining in Royal.  If you are looking towards more of that stately presence maybe try QE2?  

Which are apparently not accurate since the two posts prior to yours say the opposite. No one needs a tux but some still like to dress up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

29 minutes ago, James4me said:

Due to the answers you received that the tux rental is out of business should clue you in that you don’t need a tux for dining in Royal.  If you are looking towards more of that stately presence maybe try QE2?  

It’s actually for my wedding on the ship!

2 hours ago, NouCruzer said:

That must be very recent because I was able to rent a tux on Freedom in Nov 2019 and the web page to order still seems to be active.  So convenient to open the closet in the stateroom on day 1 and see it hanging there.  If it's gone, I'll miss it.

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

Thank you for the info!!!

So you order and it’s in your room the first day?

What happens if sizes are wrong?

what do you do to return it?

I’ve rented a tux 10-15x on RCI ships, and as recently as November 2019 on Explorer.  It costs about $100 and comes with two shirts.  Depending on your Crown and Anchor status, there also is a discount available.  It’s the way to go if you want to dress up and not have the hassle of packing a suit/tux from home.

Look for an advertisement on the Royal Promenade or in the Cruise Compass, and you don’t see either go to Guest Services and get the telephone # to call on board.  The tailor will come to your room soon thereafter or at an arranged time for the measurement, takes like 5-10 minutes.  Your tux will be dropped off in plenty of time for you to try it in case there is a problem with the fit. 

25 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Thank you for the info!!!

So you order and it’s in your room the first day?

What happens if sizes are wrong?

what do you do to return it?

The tailor will bring a replacement.

When you’re done with it just hang it back up and they’ll retrieve it (usually sometime on the last day).  

37 minutes ago, atgood said:

The tailor will bring a replacement.

When you’re done with it just hang it back up and they’ll retrieve it (usually sometime on the last day).  

Thanks again!!!

my wedding is in the last day will they get it that late night? Or maybe early morning on embarkation day?  I am doing a B2B so we will be not going anywhere lol

To thjeepster

You mentioned renting a tux from Men’s Wearhouse. They also have tuxes for sale

at a reasonable price. They used to advertise a tux for $99. 

Buying one may be less expensive than renting.

You would also be assured of a good fit if you bought one .

By the way, tux rentals are no longer available on Princess ships. I would contact your TA or RCCL directly to confirm if tux rentals are still offered on their ships.

Congratulations for your wedding!

6 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

To thjeepster

You mentioned renting a tux from Men’s Wearhouse. They also have tuxes for sale

at a reasonable price. They used to advertise a tux for $99. 

Buying one may be less expensive than renting.

You would also be assured of a good fit if you bought one .

By the way, tux rentals are no longer available on Princess ships. I would contact your TA or RCCL directly to confirm if tux rentals are still offered on their ships.

Congratulations for your wedding!

I got measured and they mentioned about buying one but it would be like $175 with taxes but u would need to buy the extra stuff (shirt, vest, bow tie, pocket square, and shoes) which would be another $125.

thanks again for the well wishes!

17 hours ago, thjeepster said:

I got measured and they mentioned about buying one but it would be like $175 with taxes but u would need to buy the extra stuff (shirt, vest, bow tie, pocket square, and shoes) which would be another $125.

thanks again for the well wishes!

Not sure if you ever wear a suit outside of your wedding (congrats, BTW) but the extra stuff could probably be repurposed for a normal suit outside of the shirt and vest. 

From Royal's website:

Q: Can I rent or order formal wear for my celebration?

A: We do offer tuxedo rental onboard most of our ships. Please use the link below to check availability.

We also offer full laundry and dry cleaning services on board. We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

The only problem I'm having is pants size goes from 34 to 37 with no option in between.  That seems strange.  All the other measurements needed are available.  

Just now, davekathy said:

Is that waist size or inseam? 

That was waist size. Inseam options were normal.  The waist options are 28, 31, 34, 37, 40, 43, etc. Is that normal for tuxedos?  I can't remember since the last time we did it what the options were.

10 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

That was waist size. Inseam options were normal.  The waist options are 28, 31, 34, 37, 40, 43, etc. Is that normal for tuxedos?  I can't remember since the last time we did it what the options were.

From what I am seeing online they are adjustable pants and go between 3 sizes each.

Just now, thjeepster said:

From what I am seeing online they are adjustable pants and go between 3 sizes each.

Aha.  I see.  As you can see I know nothing about this. I wonder is advisable to go down or up?  Or do they decide for you when you enter your actual measurements?  We are contemplating doing the rental. Not 100% yet committed though.

8 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

Aha.  I see.  As you can see I know nothing about this. I wonder is advisable to go down or up?  Or do they decide for you when you enter your actual measurements?  We are contemplating doing the rental. Not 100% yet committed though.

I'm a 35/36 so I'll probably go with the 34.

I need to rent one and do it in the next couple weeks because if I don't and wait I probably won't have a tux for the cruise and if I mess up the wedding on the ship my fiancé will kill me! lol

• Like 1