Read on another site, that they fixed the generator on the Crown yesterday/today. Can anyone confirm?

CineGraphic

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, The Floating Buckeyes said:

I've searched for dry dock listings, but haven't found any for Crown Princess. Other ships, yes, but no Princess. Is there a source to search? Thanks!!!

I just go by what a spreadsheet on Princessonly website provides and there's nothing scheduled for the Crown right now. I'm sure there must be a schule someplace to provide it.

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

Crown Princess currently has a gap in the schedule in October 2020 from October 11 to October 30 and that has been reported before on here that it will be a dry dock, and likely in France or possibly Spain.

Have a TA scheduled for March 26th that ends in Barcelona.  Somewhere I read they would not do the TA if the generators were not fixed.  Anyone else heard that?

Judy in SW Florida

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

Have a TA scheduled for March 26th that ends in Barcelona.  Somewhere I read they would not do the TA if the generators were not fixed.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Crown is slightly too big for the current Freeport facilities (the largest dock is still in repair), so if it needed a repair because the current persistent problems would continue to pose further operational difficulties or even begin creating hazards, it would probably cancel the cruise before or after the TA and the TA itself to sail empty to a shipyard in Europe for repairs.

But, I think it will be more likely that Crown may have an itinerary modification and a substitute port or cancelled port during your TA to finish the voyage. I don't think Crown's European season would be cancelled, as it has a pretty big role this summer. In the end, I think you should only cross that bridge when you get there, and just continue to hope for the best until you get a notice. Make sure you have travel insurance to protect your entire trip. Wishing everyone on your voyage the best!

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

We are looking at a cruise on the Crown.   What impact is the generator problem having for those sailing on her?

It depends on when you are looking to cruise on the Crown. Anything after November 2020 is (likely) a safe bet that you (probably) won't face any generator problems because it will have already gone through a dry dock.

But the generator problems right now are basically causing the ship to sail slower and so, therefore, it will miss a port and experience altered port times, and possibly miss more ports when taking additional weather circumstances into consideration. This season, it's doing 10-day Southern Caribbean itineraries, so it's mostly been missing Princess Cays (and more with bad weather/rough seas) since early-January. Search the multiple Crown threads on CC here to see what people are experiencing, or peruse the roll calls for Jan/Feb 2020.

9 hours ago, Carnevale said:

We are looking at a cruise on the Crown.   What impact is the generator problem having for those sailing on her?

We are on for 4 ten day cruises from January 26 to March 6. We have skipped Princess Cays on all four cruises. Other than that, we have had some re-arranging of the ports and late arrivals and earlier departures. We did not feel any real disruption.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Word from the ship is the repair/replacement will be done this fall at dry dock time.

Just what does "word from the ship" mean?  Is someone guessing again or is that a FACT?  Still wondering what the impact will be on our TA the end of March...…..

Judy from SW Florida

3 hours ago, paul929207 said:

We are on for 4 ten day cruises from January 26 to March 6. We have skipped Princess Cays on all four cruises. Other than that, we have had some re-arranging of the ports and late arrivals and earlier departures. We did not feel any real disruption.

did you get OBC for each time you missed PC ? - what about a credit for the port fees and taxes ?

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

Just what does "word from the ship" mean?  Is someone guessing again or is that a FACT?  Still wondering what the impact will be on our TA the end of March...…..

Judy from SW Florida

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Maybe there is a DD scheduled that is not listed yet.

9 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

We have been on the Crown for nearly 30 days. Only info was the revised schedules and itineraries. 

Our friends are on the ship and the FCC mentioned it to them.  I think someone else did mention this as well.  Another thing is that the Crown has a gap in her schedule between Oct 11 and 30.  19 days is a long time admittedly, but that could be the time period that has been referred to a couple of times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

this with the Crown ...

Diamond … nuff said

CB - another noro B2B

Regal - failed health inspection

Brutal

For those who remember Nancy Kerrigan...

You have to be thinking of Jan Swartz shreeking -- "whyyyyyyyyyyyyy meeeeeeeeeee???????????"

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

It depends on when you are looking to cruise on the Crown. Anything after November 2020 is (likely) a safe bet that you (probably) won't face any generator problems because it will have already gone through a dry dock.

But the generator problems right now are basically causing the ship to sail slower and so, therefore, it will miss a port and experience altered port times, and possibly miss more ports when taking additional weather circumstances into consideration. This season, it's doing 10-day Southern Caribbean itineraries, so it's mostly been missing Princess Cays (and more with bad weather/rough seas) since early-January. Search the multiple Crown threads on CC here to see what people are experiencing, or peruse the roll calls for Jan/Feb 2020.

Thanks for this info.  The sailing we are looking at is out of Southampton in September so if before the planned dry dock.  We'll have to give this extra thought as missing a port on this Scandinavian itinerary would be a big loss especially if it meant we'd miss Oslo where we'd like to connect with family.