Shareholder's OBC

Mytravellove

I'm curious about one thing and hoping someone might have experience.     I have 3 bookings made prior to the June 1, 2019 deadline while on-board.     I have since re-booked after the June 1 date but using the original booking number.  

Would these qualify or not?

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm curious about one thing and hoping someone might have experience.     I have 3 bookings made prior to the June 1, 2019 deadline while on-board.     I have since re-booked after the June 1 date but using the original booking number.  

No  I had that situation.  It's the original booking date on the reservation.  If the original booking was before June 1, 2019 you can expect to be denied if you have any perks.

2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

You know there is no way they can enforce that since they're not going to check after they apply it, even if you get it right before sailing. And the form says "at least 2-3 weeks prior to sailing." It does not say "no more than 2-3 weeks prior to sailing". 

I'm not suggesting that people sell their stock after getting it, but telling people not to apply until after final payment isn't helpful. Better to do it now and not forget about it. I'm going to submit my Royal Caribbean cruise in September.

Personally, I am thrilled that they did this(and had not heard until I found this thread). The shareholder offer for Royal used to be worthless, but fortunately their stock did well  Carnival was much more liberal with theirs.

That's fine, I just try to be honest and do it the right way.  to each his own

22 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That's fine, I just try to be honest and do it the right way.  to each his own

But once again, the "right way" is to go by their rules. And their rules do not say that you need to wait until final payment, or even 2-3 weeks before the cruise. But we can agree to disagree.

Edited by MisterBill99

12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ok found the survey method https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com

This is what my question was about.   I've used the email method for years.

I believe this is new as I'm very familiar with the FAQ and had not seen this option before.

Thank you so much for posting this.  I did not know you could do this on-line.

9 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

But once again, the "right way" is to go by their rules. And their rules do not say that you need to wait until final payment, or even 2-3 weeks before the cruise. But we can agree to disagree.

But the rules do say that one must own the stock at the time of sailing, and no one can guarantee that they will still own the stock six months or a year or longer from now.  No one knows what the future holds.  We will definitely agree to disagree 

42 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

But the rules do say that one must own the stock at the time of sailing, and no one can guarantee that they will still own the stock six months or a year or longer from now.  No one knows what the future holds.  We will definitely agree to disagree 

I got approved on 28 June 2019 for OBC for a cruise that departs on 8 May 2021.  I've never been requested to reconfirm my share holdings just prior to the cruise. 

There are three ways to request the shareholder OBC.  Do what makes you feel warm and fuzzy. 🍷

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are on your Equinox sailing in March.  I was pretty excited to see that I might finally get shareholder credit like we have been getting with CCL for years.  I emailed in the form and documents on Wed.  I received a confirmation email from Celebrity that it was received.  I was delighted to see an email from Celebrity this morning until I saw that I had been denied.  I went to the link provided and the only thing I can find that would apply is that our reservation was made in Jan 2019.  Since you frequently get different answers from different people at Celebrity, I’m wondering if it’s worth trying again next week.

8BD51051-45AD-4757-8227-B6694D670E1F.jpeg

Nothing stops you from re-submitting but if you have any other Celebrity promos like the perks (even though you pay for them in the cruise fare) you should be denied per the rules.   Only bookings made after June 1, 2019 are eligible to combine with other promos.

32 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

We are on your Equinox sailing in March.  I was pretty excited to see that I might finally get shareholder credit like we have been getting with CCL for years.  I emailed in the form and documents on Wed.  I received a confirmation email from Celebrity that it was received.  I was delighted to see an email from Celebrity this morning until I saw that I had been denied.  I went to the link provided and the only thing I can find that would apply is that our reservation was made in Jan 2019.  Since you frequently get different answers from different people at Celebrity, I’m wondering if it’s worth trying again next week.

You can always try again, but I do not think it will help.  The new benefit is for bookings made after June 2019, not before.  If you made the reservation in January of 2019, it is not eligible,.

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

You could submit it two weeks before sailing and have already sold it the day after the statement closed. So waiting for almost the last minute is no guarantee that you still own the stock. There is no way they can verify that you still own it no matter when you submit it. 

I've had discussions like this with someone on the Holland America board who also claimed that you needed to submit it 2-3 weeks before instead of what the terms actually said. You do what you want and the rest of us will go by the stated terms.

16 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

You can always try again, but I do not think it will help.  The new benefit is for bookings made after June 2019, not before.  If you made the reservation in January of 2019, it is not eligible,.

We agree on this one. This reservation is still under the old terms which means no perks or anything else on the reservation. Submitting again won't help unless someone makes a mistake and approves it.

Edited by MisterBill99

55 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

You could submit it two weeks before sailing and have already sold it the day after the statement closed. So waiting for almost the last minute is no guarantee that you still own the stock. There is no way they can verify that you still own it no matter when you submit it. 

I've had discussions like this with someone on the Holland America board who also claimed that you needed to submit it 2-3 weeks before instead of what the terms actually said. You do what you want and the rest of us will go by the stated terms.

And you do what you want and I will be honest and follow the rules.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

I think the key for you is the date you booked the cruise.    If before June 2019 you probably will get another rejection if booked after then you should qualify.

I am in much of the same situation regarding many of the cruises I have booked. 

1 hour ago, CruisinDawn said:

I was concerned because we booked Feb 22nd, 2020 on May 28th, 2019 that we would not get it so I waited until late January to request it, BINGO another $100 in OBC appears then got a confirmation email, whew!!

Sounds like you got lucky!

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if they got an email approval/denial when they used the online survey method to apply?   I've always used the email process in the past and would get an automated email immediately confirming receipt then later an email with approved/denied.

I filled out the survey form online the other day and I've received nothing.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:23 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Can someone tell me if they got an email approval/denial when they used the online survey method to apply?   I've always used the email process in the past and would get an automated email immediately confirming receipt then later an email with approved/denied.

I filled out the survey form online the other day and I've received nothing.

I submitted 5 using the online survey and got rejected on all of them 10 days later.

6 minutes ago, critterchick said:

How do you redact your sensitive information (such as the account number)?

I use the markup tool on Acrobat Pro and cut it out.   Others have printed used a felt pen and then rescanned.

50 minutes ago, critterchick said:

How do you redact your sensitive information (such as the account number)?

I print out the report, or if you get in in the mail follwo the same.  I then black out the information such as account number, other shares in the account and any total $$$ not pertaining solely to the RCCL stock portion.  I then scan the document and send it with all of the non required and confidentail information blacked out.  I hope this helps