Segmenting across the South Pacific WC Valparaiso to Sydney 15/02

Silver Spectre

2 hours ago, Master Echo said:

Dear SIlver Spectre

Good to see a blue sky and a little sun?!!

Long may it continue 😀😀

Kindest Regards

Master Echo

It lasted for the morning and at 12:30 back came the rain, however we had a nice wander in what is a very pleasant place. The humidity is very high but drops with the rain. Gilbert is wandering around like a bear with a sore head, hates this rain and needs a swim.

19 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Mr Silver

It's beautiful.

And Happy Birthday!

Thanks Spins, however it was a friends birthday.

We just had the noon announcement with the Captain being apologetic about having no further news regarding this voyage or the remainder of the WC, but accepting that Miami and Monaco must provide it soon. I suspect he is as concerned as all the guests and crew are.

As someone pointed out this morning if we get news tomorrow it will be Friday the 13th 😱

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Thanks Spins, however it was a friends birthday.

We just had the noon announcement with the Captain being apologetic about having no further news regarding this voyage or the remainder of the WC, but accepting that Miami and Monaco must provide it soon. I suspect he is as concerned as all the guests and crew are.

As someone pointed out this morning if we get news tomorrow it will be Friday the 13th 😱

Crystal finally pulled the plug on the remainder of its WC. They are further ahead of you and are debarking passengers in Perth. 

If I was going to make a bet, it will be Sydney for you folks. Mumbai is closed as is Dubai so beyond Australia your itinerary looks bleak. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sorry the internet continues to suck, Mr. Silver.

Any news yet on WC itinerary changes post Sydney?  I keep expecting it to be cancelled based on the current situation in so many ports.

DCC said at 6.30pm a meeting was scheduled.  As they are most likely still on Vanuatu?Sydney time it is now just after 4.30pm by my amateur calculation 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just had the Friday 13th news, we are now in Cyclone avoidance mode, skipping the next two stops and heading for Brisbane at full speed to arrive on the 16th.

I’ll leave it up to the WC’ers to give their reaction to their letter received from Barbara Muckermann today regarding the WC itinerary changes, however there is currently no compo information!

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sorry the internet continues to suck, Mr. Silver.

Any news yet on WC itinerary changes post Sydney?  I keep expecting it to be cancelled based on the current situation in so many ports.

One would have thought so, but it ain’t.

• Like 1

843 nautical miles to go to Brisbane, not quite outrunning the cyclone yet, seas ok but rising to 2.5 metres later. Fernando just asked all the WCers to turn in their decision cards, stay or go, ASAP and the numbers will be communicated to Monaco when the office opens.

Going back to read the Crystal board for their WC two weeks ago one gets a distinct feeling of deja vu.

7 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Fernando just asked all the WCers to turn in their decision cards, stay or go, ASAP and the numbers will be communicated to Monaco when the office opens.

Has the board given their blessing to the compensation issue yet?  If not, it’s interesting WCers have to make a decision without it.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Oh my goodness, Mr. Silver.  I’ll assume the WCers have voted.  Enjoy your remaining  3-days on the Whisper.  Hope you have no trouble on arrival in Sydney.

All the WCers have received a letter, but nothing for the segmenters. The Captain mentioned a letter in the announcement so created some confusion amongst us and the WCers who were up and at breakfast.

Fernando just announced that all remaining days dress codes are casual, so no farewell formal night. I suspect that packing has already commenced.